Resident Evil 6 - Discussion Thread

^^No.Infact no such thing.There was a little fps problem in the leon level as i have mentioned before but its not that worse.Moreover i didnt encountered any bugs till now.
Anyways update:- yesterday only i finished all the three levels and completed the last jake level in co-op with a random guy(who joined in the middle).:D.Now here is the big surprise which i got.Amazingly visually jake's level looks awesome as compared to other three levels.I can pretty much tell that at certain points it seemed like an exclusive title.Yes quite close to uc2 type quality!Hope they improve more in the final version.

As far as i am concerned not only the jakes level impressed me visually but gameplay wise also it is superior than other two.Yes i mean it jake is surely a character you would love to play with.He is agile,good with hand to hand combat, stylish and yeah smart. Kind of dante type you can say.:D even his weapons are interesting.
Chris's level was really boring when compared to all the three.
Let me make it a bit simple.

Overall :- Jake>Leon>chris
I believe that capcom tried hard to make this RE version live up to its name.But it seems they got confused.Involving six characters was really not necessary until and unless you want to focus mainly on co-op.

Finished the demo and this was a much refined experience I'd say. Thankfully, all three campaign's were separate from the one's we got in the Dragon's Dogma retail purchase demo. On the visual front, screen-tearing is completely eliminated, but minor frame rates problems are present. Checkpoint was added for better demo experience. So if you die anytime during the demo, you can re-start from the checkpoint, unlike the last one, where it would throw you back to the game's main menu. Also, guess what makes a come back, surprise surprise, it's the pause screen. Yes, they have finally included the pause option. Looks like someone at Capcom was really taking notes on users feedback. :)

On the demo side, I found Leon's campaign to be extremely dark and not visually appealing. May be it was just the level, but it didn't impress me as much as the earlier demo level. Chris's campaign was the usual COD bullshit. But Holy smokes, Jake's campaign caught me by surprise this time. It was exciting, visually amazing, challenging and diverse. I have to fully agree with what quan chi said about it.

There is something still odd about the camera angle and the character movement. Someone really needs to fix the FOV for this game as it's absolutely atrocious. If these 2 issues are addressed, then I think it's good to go. If nothing else, this would be a decent time killer and a good co-op experience on higher difficulty.

I am still skeptical about this game.They should have put Jake all in all for RE6.I mean as a solo hero.This guy has the potential to challenge leon from RE4.
RE-4 = leon
RE-5 = Chris
RE-6 = Jake
This should have been the order.

Let's look at it this way. If one character fails to amaze you, there are 2 others to provide a decent entertainment value. Ada's campaign would probably be like final resort to extending the gameplay length.

exactly thats why i said they are confused.they tried to combine re4 and re5 with re6. it seems they themselves are not confident about this title. Moreover one thing i liked that now you are free to melee. just press the r1 to melee!

Resident evil 6 demo analysis in progression...:D

Started playing the demo again to pick up what went wrong.This time i chose Helena Harper and completed the level.Lets call it as leons level.

Positive points

1.Better AA.This is a good thing.The AA here is impressive enough as compared to other games.
2.Good lighting effects.
3.Character melee actions and reactions have improved.

Negative points

1.Poor textures.
2.Bad camera angles when a character is running.
3.Again co-op in RE games is not required.

Completed the chris level again.But selected "Piers Nivans". This time i feel visually chris's level is better than leons.Playing with piers was more fun.Infact piers has a sniper which is very helpful for that level.Dont know about the final game but in the demo if you want to enjoy chris level then select piers.

Looks like one week just came early for the 360 users (no surprise there). Now it's only a matter of time, before the reviews start flowing in. :p

Finished the demo completely. Completed jakes level with Sherry Birkin.I will again say RE6 should have been made on these two characters only.Even sherry has weapons similar to jake and the best part is your melee changes according to the weapons selected.

Back