Graphic Cards Review: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini (6 GB)

@t3chg33k
Did you get the extended warranty ?

I certainly registered the product on Zotac's website but then their site doesn't give any explicit information on whether the extended warranty has been applied. I assume I shall get it though if required. The FAQ states to connect with the store to claim the normal warranty (2 years) and thereafter directly connect with Zotac for the extended warranty.

Can you share your experience on the noise emitted by the fan when playing games and ideal mode?

I have one of those computer tables where the CPU cabinet lies quite close to the floor and I haven't ever heard any significant whirring noise, so it's all good for me. However, to be a bit scientific about this, I measured the decibel level in front of my cabinet using my phone when playing DX:MD and the maximum spike in sound level was about 8 dB from idle, though most of the time it was just 1-2 dB higher (with game audio on mute).

Also, I ran the benchmarks once again with the latest DX12 patch and there is a slight improvement, enough for me to switch to DX12 though the results are still inconsistent.
Very High preset (DX11 - Patch 2): AVG: 45.1; MIN: 37.4; MAX: 57.4
Very High preset (DX12 - Patch 5): AVG: 44.8; MIN: 33.3; MAX: 57.1
Very High preset (DX12 - Patch 6): AVG: 46.0; MIN: 34.1; MAX: 60.2 (Run 1)
Very High preset (DX12 - Patch 6): AVG: 46.5; MIN: 36.9; MAX: 57.1 (Run 2)

A sizeable (1 GB) Patch 7 dropped in today. Along with the first driver update since I started playing (372.90), it's time again for another round of benchmarks.
Very High preset (DX11 - Patch 7): AVG: 47.7; MIN: 39.0; MAX: 58.8
Very High preset (DX12 - Patch 7): AVG: 46.5; MIN: 37.6; MAX: 56.9

A good step up in DX11 performance, though DX12 continues to stutter visibly and is not worth switching to.

Back