Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

^^ same here bro.i got teased by my dad ,the old bugger gave it to me for a week and now i just can't go back to my ip4 for browsing.for me,browsing on note was the 2nd best experience behind the iPad 2 and boy do i miss it.

i went to buy one at heera panna today.prices are 31.5 k for black and 32.5 k for white.they are not interested in negotiations.used ones are available for 27 k,but i would advice anyone to get a new one because its not much difference anyways.i finally decided to get it from ebay though since i want a white and the difference is coming around 2 k.

I carry a Note AND a Samsung Focus in my jeans, and honestly, it's a tight squeeze, but then a Note alone fits like a king. The people who crib about the SIZE of a Note clearly havent handled 'anything' over 5" before
<

(apologies for the innuendo, but I crack this joke with everyone of my friends who says the Note is TOO big!)

^^Haha I agree. The note felt pretty darn big initially. Got used to it soon. Now my atrix feels tiny.

I am having a hard time finding the right kernel for the phone. With franco's #5, the phone reboots after 30 mins of shadowgun session. Setcpu temp profiling isnt helping out in any way. Abyss is getting messier with every update. Speedmod is heating up the phone.
<

Switched back to FM kernel.

Battery life: On 3G, it is dismal - like on any other phone. I got 6hrs from a full charge to 18% on a 3G marathon, with above moderate usage, it will last you through the day (14hrs) (not the night, though)

Is it just me who got lucky or is there an issue with your ROM?

With sync on for 3 accts, moderate maps usage, moderate browser usage and good amount of IM/Phone calls, mine usually doesn't go below 50% from morning 9 AM to midnight

With sync on for 3 accts, moderate maps usage, moderate browser usage and good amount of IM/Phone calls, mine usually doesn't go below 50% from morning 9 AM to midnight

Are you using the stock ROM? The juice lasts much longer on custom ROMs. CM and Darky give me more juice, almost twice. But all the battery stats i have given there were on the stock ROM.

Mine lasts for a day. Easily. Over 3g with whatsapp and one Gmail account. So many phone calls, so much whatsapp and a lot of Web browsing over 3g. Still lasts a whole day. That was with darkys rom. Naturally lasts for longer on Ics. Waiting for a fully working version to rate battery life.

It's pretty spotty, flips between edge and 3g at least 20 times a day

I have a feeling you got lucky. Please give us the deets on which ROM, kernel and any specific tweaks. My battery life is weird. At times it lasts 2 days of moderate use and sometimes just 1.

Chrack's v13 small rom + fm 2 kernel. 2 setcpu profiles for screen off and in call with clocks 100-200mhz and 100-500mhz respectively. Battery easily lasts 2 days under normal usage. Do note that i have 3 google accounts syncing continuosly

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

So guys what is the average real time battery backup of the note? If the usage is: Wifi on for 10-12 hours daily and the rest time 3G. With a couple of hours of video watching, an hour of gaming, browing for almost 6 hours and music for about 2 hours daily!

Please let me know about the battery usage for the above said requirements.

My zte blade needs to be charged atleast thrice daily for this and the small screen is a big let down
<

Browsing for 6 hours alone will drain the battery completely
<
An hour of gaming takes away 15-20%. 2 hours of videos will cost you 20-25%. Rest of it should be good for wifi and 3g.

So charging it twice should be enough for a day.

Woah! I was expecting it to survive atleast 20+ hours.

Hahahaha.... Dream on Bro!

Real time, +1 to what hide0us said. 6hrs of 3G hammering is enough to make the battery come to it knees begging and whimpering for some electric balm.

3hrs of HD Video (all radios turned off) will take away at least 60% of your battery with it. If you plan to stream them via your 3G connection, then, that will take care of whatever juice is remaining.

So, be ready to charge at least twice a day
<

So guys what is the average real time battery backup of the note? If the usage is: Wifi on for 10-12 hours daily and the rest time 3G. With a couple of hours of video watching, an hour of gaming, browing for almost 6 hours and music for about 2 hours daily!

Please let me know about the battery usage for the above said requirements.

My zte blade needs to be charged atleast thrice daily for this and the small screen is a big let down
<

I love these huge phones. But none seem to be having the juice to power them. Darn those Nokia days!

LOL I am sure you can buy an old Nokia that fits your requirements
<

LOL I am sure you can buy an old Nokia that fits your requirements
<

I just was referring times when charger needed to be found when battery died aftr two to three days. I love the size of the note. And was expecting the larger battery to be a good backup. Guess charger needs to be carried no matter where you tend to go now a days.

Back