Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

I just was referring times when charger needed to be found when battery died aftr two to three days. I love the size of the note. And was expecting the larger battery to be a good backup. Guess charger needs to be carried no matter where you tend to go now a days.

True. But could you do all these things that you have mentioned with those Nokias? Sure on some level you could but with a shitty (compared to the Note) browsing + gaming + video experience experience. Though these days Smartphones seem to have taken a step back (battery) in taking two steps forward (Better screens + speed and UI). You also have to remember that the screen size of the Note is HUGE! The battery backup is decent, but the kind of usage you have mentioned is more than heavy. You are looking at 9 hours of screen time. Even an iPad (probably rated with the best battery) struggles with that.Sure the iPad is bigger but its battery also is.

True. But could you do all these things that you have mentioned with those Nokias? Sure on some level you could but with a shitty (compared to the Note) browsing + gaming + video experience experience. Though these days Smartphones seem to have taken a step back (battery) in taking two steps forward (Better screens + speed and UI). You also have to remember that the screen size of the Note is HUGE! The battery backup is decent, but the kind of usage you have mentioned is more than heavy. You are looking at 9 hours of screen time. Even an iPad (probably rated with the best battery) struggles with that.Sure the iPad is bigger but its battery also is.

Yeah bro. Wish these companies soon come up with a battery solution.

So finally got actual feel of the galaxy note at the best buy store. A first glance it really feels huge. I was not able to pocket the phone as that security cord was there. But the screen was very good and I like the four capacitive buttons on the AT&The version as against the international version.

The unlocked piece costs more than 600$ on Ebay so not buying now. Maybe be few months down the line.

Sent from my HP Touchpad on Android using Tapatalk

Do remember that the AT&T version does not have the Exynos processor like the international version. It uses the slower Snapdragon because of LTE.

Do remember that the AT&T version does not have the Exynos processor like the international version. It uses the slower Snapdragon because of LTE.

How drastically does that affect the 'regular' performance of the phone ?

Regular for me is...general phone calls, rarely doing SMS, Internet surfing / foruming, rarely play games (almost never), watching videos (no HD stuff, the usual AVI/MKV TV shows)

You see i am not at all concerned about quadrant and benchmarks and i don't care about high end games as i am not into gaming.

On another note (no pun intended), i may get an infuse when its price again comes down, recently it has for some weird reason gone up.
<

Honestly speaking, not really a huge difference for most users. But the international version will have a better community support than the AT&T one.

Honestly speaking, not really a huge difference for most users. But the international version will have a better community support than the AT&T one.

Is there a ROM compatibility issue? Maybe we will get to know only after couple of months when note becomes commonplace in the USA.

Sent from my HP Touchpad on Android using Tapatalk

Just got the note

Awesome screen coming from galaxy S2 and that is the only thing that changes the equation

Not finding much use of the s pen

Please advice if I should go for the ics leaked ROM lp1

Just want to hear some reviews

If the Note is your daily driver, I would recommend you not to jump to ICS leak just yet. Its buggy as hell.

Team Rocket is a custom rom based on the ICS leak and reports suggest its fairly stable as of now (v. 1.5)

If the Note is your daily driver, I would recommend you not to jump to ICS leak just yet. Its buggy as hell.

Team Rocket is a custom rom based on the ICS leak and reports suggest its fairly stable as of now (v. 1.5)

Using the Chinese leak as my daily driver. Except for couple of quirks, works absolutely fine! And it definitely isn't that buggy
<

Yeah its my daily driver

But saw some YouTube videos suggesting it as very stable

Camera does not work. Bluetooth is patchy still. Otherwise it is good to go. It is just a couple of days to March and the word on the street is that ICS is coming on the 1st of March, so waiting might be a better game.

Also once the official release is out, you will have more custom ROMs and more choice. That is however just my 2 paise. If you are desperate, go for it. It is definitely not buggy. It was smooth enough for most purposes as far as my experience went.

I am back on the Stock ROM BTW. I use the camera a lot (thanks to a 4 year old niece who says 'Wabbit' and 'Wed', in place of Rabbit and Red. You get the dwift..)

Camera does not work. Bluetooth is patchy still. Otherwise it is good to go.

I am back on the Stock ROM BTW. I use the camera a lot (thanks to a 4 year old niece who says 'Wabbit' and 'Wed', in place of Rabbit and Red. You get the dwift..)

Wabbit ......so cute

nopes not desperate at all

Camera is essential for me too

Actually the guy at Androidnz.net reviewed it and I trust him very much, always details everything

Anyways let's wait

I updated over air to latest available firmware

Took 72mb to change to LA5

its been 2 days i have got my NOTE ...Everything is just awesome expect of 2 things.

one is the speaker's sound which is pretty low ...is it normal ???

2nd is the battery is draining like hell, yea i know im trying every possible thing but its dosent even lasting more dan 10 - 12 hrs with full charge & it also taking much time to be fully charged.

any solutions ???

its been 2 days i have got my NOTE ...Everything is just awesome expect of 2 things.

one is the speaker's sound which is pretty low ...is it normal ???

2nd is the battery is draining like hell, yea i know im trying every possible thing but its dosent even lasting more dan 10 - 12 hrs with full charge & it also taking much time to be fully charged.

any solutions ???

I am having the exact same problem.the battery is very poor and the screen is a bit unresponsive sometimes.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Please describe your typical usage. Mebbe the "new phone syndrome" is eating your battery.

The low speaker sound is more a result of the placement of the speaker (back of the device) Unless of course you have another issue

Back