Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

guy's i am loving the note.i find it an awesome media consuming device,but my old man is now fed up and taking the 4s.

so i think i will have to get my own in a couple of days.i have recently seen the white available on ebay.have you guys seen the white in stores like croma? and what is the price in croma as compared to ebay where it is priced as 30.8 k?

Bangalore CROMA didn't come down below 32.5k

That's with a free Bluetooth Samsung hm1100, pretty useless stuff

^with 5% coupon, it will be around 29.5
<

Been using it for the past three (or so) months (Bought it almost on the day of its release). Let me give you my observations

1. it is big enough only if you haven't had anything larger than 5 inches in your palm.
  2. I crossed the borders of three countries in these three months and never did anyone give me an odd look when I was talking on the note.
  3. It was always a point of great interest - without any hint of any negative suggestion.

If these were the issues bothering you, you may rest easy. If not, read on:

1. One handed operation is not always possible. Unless you have large palms. I have fairly large palms and there are instances where I had to get the other hand to help me in, but that never felt cumbersome. (both my hands are usually free when I am using my phone. I keep my hands on the handle (cylce) or the steering (car) when I am on the road.
  2. Battery life: On 3G, it is dismal - like on any other phone. I got 6hrs from a full charge to 18% on a 3G marathon, with above moderate usage, it will last you through the day (14hrs) (not the night, though)
  3. Without 3G: A full days moderate usage. (26 odd hours)
  4. Only Wifi: More than moderate usage - 24hrs.
  5. Video: 4hrs full HD (40% brightness) with the headphones on + an hours worth of browsing on the side (3G on all thru)
  6. Camera : This is sort of an odd ball. Fairly moody. I have some fantastic shots and some very very mediocre shots. But definitely not for low light conditions.

Anything else you want to know, please do ask
<

#soulreaver your observations seem pretty much what I expected. Seems the others didn't have 3g on or weren't using the phone enough to test the battery-life. I am still scratching my head as to why this phone is so popular in spite of its size. I'd choose the s2 any day over this.

#soulreaver your observations seem pretty much what I expected. Seems the others didn't have 3g on or weren't using the phone enough to test the battery-life. I am still scratching my head as to why this phone is so popular in spite of its size. I'd choose the s2 any day over this.

I am guessing that the AT&T stores may have got the Note by now. I am going to enquire and go over to an AT&T store to have a look and feel of the note. I hope they have a demo piece.

You can try that incase you are already in market for a phone.

#rakrules $300 on contract is not much of a deal IMO. Also, I want my phone to fit my pants/denims pockets so would not consider the note purely on basis of its size.

#rakrules $300 on contract is not much of a deal IMO. Also, I want my phone to fit my pants/denims pockets so would not consider the note purely on basis of its size.

Check ebay for deals. But as it is very much a new phone (at least for the people in US), getting it cheap is not possible. It will take some time. Infact it is better to buy older phones like Infuse / Skyroocket / S2 etc as they will be flooded on ebay as people "upgrade" to the note.

@Proxy (Nice name btw) the device is popular because of its size. Afaik.

Errr.. I ride (R15) 40 kms a day with the Note in my pant pocket without any issues. Have also done the same wearing jeans with no issues whatsoever!

^Then my friend, you seem to have some pretty deep pockets
<
Sorry for the bad joke but I really fail to understand how you can fit a 5.3'' device in a regular pant pocket. But might visit an AT&T store and check it out (although the cable tied with the phone might prove a deterrent while pocketing the device).

I fail to understand how you cannot fit it in your pant pocket.
<

I've tried putting the Note in the tightest jeans I have. It still went in easily and I had no problems sitting in different positions.

I tried putting it in trousers as well and I didn't feel any problems with it falling standing or sitting.

There's never been a phone I wanted so much.
<
I will wait for the price to come down, but that's gonna be a really long wait.

I fail to understand how you cannot fit it in your pant pocket.
<

I've tried putting the Note in the tightest jeans I have. It still went in easily and I had no problems sitting in different positions.

I tried putting it in trousers as well and I didn't feel any problems with it falling standing or sitting.

There's never been a phone I wanted so much.
<
I will wait for the price to come down, but that's gonna be a really long wait.

Just find a good used one for 25k or so. I do come across quite a few at that price locally and once on eBay as well

25K is slightly high for me as well.
<

Will wait for a while and try to collect funds. I've already saved up for something else that I'll be buying soon.
<

25K is slightly high for me as well.
<

Will wait for a while and try to collect funds. I've already saved up for something else that I'll be buying soon.
<

For you, I hope there are no other phones of that size that are launched in the meanwhile
<

And trust me, even at the current price, it is worth the wad of cash you plonk. At any rate, until specific apps for quad core devices are made, my guess is the GNote will be able to hold it own against them.

I have summed my views on the GNote here in the review thread, see if it would make you change your decision.
<

Yup I know it's worth it. It's just I don't have the money right now.
<

Nothing's gonna change my views, until the Note II arrives.
<
Hopefully with the release of a couple of quad core phones will bring down the price. I believe there will be a few announcements in MWC.

I had a Note with me for a couple of days. Sadly it wasn't mine (oh the cruelty
<
)

Back