Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

Well, then it's the same as the AOSP rom which is quite decent. I still don't think ICS roms will mature till the official rom gets out - this thing does wierd stuff at times. Random freeze, graphic glitches and stuff. Atleast the S-Pen works but not in full functionality

Sent from The Note using T'talk Pro

Nope, that's what I mean. Not the same as AOSP. It doesn't freeze, NO graphic glitches and is rock stable. NO SOD, and never restarted. I have used all iterations of iMilka's AOSP and also two iterations of AOKP, but this one amazes me. I am sure it will be launched soon.

Attachments

• cwm9.jpg
    cwm9.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 88
No video recording is a big no no for me. Its probably the main reason I havent switched to an ICS rom. Also due to work I have started using my phone A LOT! Can't trust non GBroms at the moment.

Observations with Kingdroid 7.0 with AbyssNote 4.2

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]1. Phone takes a long time to wake up when a call is received .[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]2. At times Ninjump (Game) really stutters. Never happened with any other ROM[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]3. Go Launcher EX seems laggy at times. (More than it is on Darkyrom 3.3 or Stock LA4)[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]4. Keyboard is laggy at times using Smart Keyboard (Haven't tried stock)[/font]

ok guys finally switched roms

Was a lengthy process

First downloaded 594 Mb KJ1 firmware for root and cwm

Then downgrade the kingdroid 7 ROM and its working good

Set up took time and its rocking now

One thing on the phone I observed is, Barry back up is quite good if gprs/3g is not used but its much lower than even galaxy S2 on 3g

Is it the radio baseband problem?

Am on lb2

the phone for me is acting like old wine.the battery is getting better and better as i progress.currently it is giving me around 1 and a half day with medium usage.overall i am happy that i didnt go for the 4s this time and went for the note.

i have recently removed the flip cover which i used from day 1 and have started to use the regular cover.can any of you folks recommend me a good shell cover for the note?

the phone for me is acting like old wine.the battery is getting better and better as i progress.currently it is giving me around 1 and a half day with medium usage.overall i am happy that i didnt go for the 4s this time and went for the note.

i have recently removed the flip cover which i used from day 1 and have started to use the regular cover.can any of you folks recommend me a good shell cover for the note?

I could sell you my brand new flip cover for 500 bucks
tongu23e.gif

I personally use the S-Line TPU. Offers decent protection. Doesn't interfere with any ports. http://www.ebay.in/i...=item256e73b274

With Kingdroid 7.0 + AbyssNote 4.2 games sometimes stutter. Ninjump, Fruit ninja even Angrybirds. SetCpu Governor=ondemand 200-1400mhz

the flip cover is a neat bit of design and comfort.my only problem is when i wanted to do one hand operation i found it a tad bit troublesome.other than that its as good a cover available for the note.

guys anyone can tell me any app which can enable me to click photos via the volume button or the standbuy button?

flashed the hardcore speedmod kernel 2.2 and getting superb battery life with kingdroid 7 rom

The kernel just came out. Give it a few days before deciding on battery life.

I am getting occasional reboots with Kingdroid 7 + AbyssNote 4.2, Either when I answer a call or when I hang up. The weird thing is that Ihad the same issue with DarkyROM 3.3 and Franco's Kernel.

After days of brainstorming, have finally made the switch to ICS. Presently running ICS Stunner 4.3 and have no complaints. Damn! I wont be going back to GB based roms again. The note never felt so smooth. S-Pen related functionalities are limited, but m sure it will catch up soon.

Guys! Give this a try. Its worth it. This thread also needed a bump
<

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Back