Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

#[member='ayaskant12']

hitler died and i didn't even know i guess
yay.gif
.dont really have much idea about the android dev scene.

anyways any eta on when ics will hit our notes here in india?

i don't have any problem with gb as it is working pretty stable for me.

i have been trying to flash the ics repack by chainfore using mobile odin pro but i keep getting a bootloop at the wipe cache screen. i had to flash the stock FW two times and i am going to give it another try in a bit. wish me luck guys. i want to try imilka's rom so bad

^^^i flashed the stunner directly from GB

everything works awesome except the root

it shows phone is rooted but its not as all apps needing root dont open and get stuck

otherwise its just awesome

browser and scrolling was not smooth i guess, may it was meant to be like that

Are you using the latest ICS Stunner ? With the newer build including the leaked ATT rom internals ?

I thought I read you can't flash back to GB or anything stock after upgrading to it as it messes with the bootloader ?

Or am I missing something ?

On another note, I just saw a youtube video of the ICS Stunner rom in Tablet UI. Neat!

now on ics stunner but one thing sucks

no hardware decoding codecs on this rom as its Samsung specific I guess

mxplayer works fine but just looking at sw decoding makes me look again at the battery meter

no hardware decoding? strange, I am using imilka's AOSP and it has hardware decoding for almost all formats I tried.

my bad, I thought it was an AOSP derivative ROM.

wow the tablet mode rocks man

the Gmail app looks sleek here

everything is really cool and the resolution of note really comes into play and shines

really impressed

was having a problem with battery and freezer the media storage app and prob solved

in tablet mode, no ringtones supported kya?

don't have any problems now but need a advice

is imilka from same as ics stunner plus the video codecs???

in that case I will make a switch to imilka v8

Had a chance to play with the Note for a few mins and WOW what a device. Initially I thought its impossible to use it as a daily phone, carrying around all the time. Now though I'm hugely impressed with the advantages of the massive display and the above average battery life, I'm actually considering it.

I've smaller hands so I'm a little concerned about handling it in tough situations like traveling in crowded local trains, buses etc. One handed operation seems impossible other than maybe pressing the button to answer a call. Can you people tell me if it would be okay to handle in such situations for people with not so big hands?

Every review I read mentions that you get used to the size of the phone in a week or so and after that you would never go back to using a smaller display. Though here in India, we have extra ordinary situations like jam packed Mumbai local trains and railway stations, so would like to know from end users.
<

^^better be safe and use a Bluetooth

even I have small hands but I got used to in a month

it seems to be perfectly normal now

don't ditch it before a month

^^better be safe and use a Bluetooth

even I have small hands but I got used to in a month

it seems to be perfectly normal now

don't ditch it before a month

True! You easily get used to and fall in love with the size! If you dont, you go buy an iPhone
<

On a different note, running iMilka's v08 ICS AOSP.

Absolutely zero issues. And ICS is simply Super!

lp5 here with no issues

tablet mode really rocks on this hd screen

only issue is hardware codecs as mentioned above

otherwise ics stunner is better than imilka

lp5 here with no issues

tablet mode really rocks on this hd screen

only issue is hardware codecs as mentioned above

otherwise ics stunner is better than imilka

I heard and read that Stunner is better. Is the Tablet mode at a bigger res on ICS Stunner ? The iMilka tablet mode makes apps kinda difficult to browse.

For eg, Everything in the Facebook app looks too tiny.

Are you running LP1 or LP5 kernel?

LP5.

I heard and read that Stunner is better. Is the Tablet mode at a bigger res on ICS Stunner ? The iMilka tablet mode makes apps kinda difficult to browse.

For eg, Everything in the Facebook app looks too tiny.

Just install ROM toolbox and adjust the dpi yourself in build.prop. I dont know what dpi imilka's zip uses but i guess its 160. Set 200 if you want a bigger font. anything under 213 would lead to the tablet mode.

Back