Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

Hmm I have limited knowledge on the emmc bug. But would doing a factory reset on a GB based ROM cause a hard brick? The way I see to use even a safe ICS ROM from stock ICS ROM is:

1. Flash to Stock GB ROM.
2. Factory reset
3. Install the ICS based ROM from CWM

Any chances of bricking this way? For the moment I am happy on the stock ICS based ROM, but looking at the AOKP ROM on my bro's phone, makes me want to use it..

Whatever ROM you are on now. Flsh Abyss 3.9 -> safe GB like Darky (pre-rooted with CWM) -> Flash safe ICS. Try Paranoid Android. You'll never use anything else ever again

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

checked and i do have a chip with the Brick bug.
Though i am not moving from stunner rom as its stable uptill now, still hoping samsung will come out with fix.

You'll be safe on stunner as long as you don't flash anything via CWM. As far as I know chainfire has gotten rid of the EMMC bug. All non-repack ROM's seem to be safe now. But do read the OP before you do anything.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Where is Samsung's authorised service centre in Mumbai. Its juz been a month I have purchased my phone and battery seems to be draining in 1 hr and the phone seems to be getting too hot soon. So I would like to know what to do? Do I have to change my phone entirely or juz the battery of it?. Need advice guys asap. If I have to change the phone then I am located at sion. So please let me know where I can take the piece and change it? Will they change it then and there at the same time or will they repair it and give it to me or will it take few days to get me a new piece. Need all this information at the earliest.

Also I would like a good protection cover for my phone which can protect my phone against rain water.

Does it heat up after you listen to music or the radio? Or use the gallery perhaps? Use CPU Spy for a day and post a screenshot of the stats.

Anyone on the Goa Trip rom? Can't seem to download it. Sick of Stock ICS its a piece of SHIT! Don't wanna go the CM9 route as I like the S-Pen features. Custom (stock based) ROM recommendations?

Anyone on the Goa Trip rom? Can't seem to download it. Sick of Stock ICS its a piece of SHIT! Don't wanna go the CM9 route as I like the S-Pen features. Custom (stock based) ROM recommendations?

Try RocketROM. Reviews have been good in terms of stability and battery life. For a change try either version of ParanoidAndroid. I am sure you wont revert back once you'll get used to the Hybrid/Tablet features.

The shop name is not prominently displayed but as rajshah said it is next to Gelato Icecream shop, If I remember correctly the timings are 9 to 6 pm

I went and they told me, the battery is draining and phone is getting heated bcoz software is not updated. So they updated the phone, and now I am getting network error. I don know what to do.

Try RocketROM. Reviews have been good in terms of stability and battery life. For a change try either version of ParanoidAndroid. I am sure you wont revert back once you'll get used to the Hybrid/Tablet features.

Hmm.. just downloaded AllianceRom (formerly Darky) Will give it a spin in a few days and report back.

How good is this deal ? Galaxy Note , 2 months old , 23k , Condition , said to be as good as new , but used , means not brand new shiny . Is it good enough ? Deal from my close friend , he said he'll see if there's any problem.

I'm not sure about what the rate goes for 2nd hand mobile phones , hence asked. As far as i knew , The Mobile Stores offers 40 percent of current MRP for 2nd hand phones , means they buy at that rate ( not sell ! ).

Seems to be a very good deal considering 4-5 month old went for 24-26K, not sure about Mobile Store offers

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

I went and they told me, the battery is draining and phone is getting heated bcoz software is not updated. So they updated the phone, and now I am getting network error. I don know what to do.
Take it back to them! and ask them to fix it, what is the exact error message?

Seems to be a very good deal considering 4-5 month old went for 24-26K, not sure about Mobile Store offers

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Take it back to them! and ask them to fix it, what is the exact error message?

Network failure is the error that i get

How good is this deal ? Galaxy Note , 2 months old , 23k , Condition , said to be as good as new , but used , means not brand new shiny . Is it good enough ? Deal from my close friend , he said he'll see if there's any problem.

Any suggestion what to look for in the deal ? I'm getting all the things , NOTE , Battery , Data Cable, Charger , Earphones. Along with the Box , and Bill , 2 months old. Anything else to look out for ?

Any suggestion what to look for in the deal ? I'm getting all the things , NOTE , Battery , Data Cable, Charger , Earphones. Along with the Box , and Bill , 2 months old. Anything else to look out for ?

Nice deal. Am getting a 6 months old at same price from a shopkeeper. Check camera, speaker, calling etc. Also check for known Note/Amoled screen issues.

As you ppl know my batetry was draining and the phone was getting heated so the service centre (SC) updated the phone and then give me to use it by removing every detail of it by doing a factory reset.

So from past 3 days I had a problem was not able to use internet, and was getting network failure. After repeated calls to CC, got to know that since there was no internet recharge in it so it was the problem. Now I recharged with 3G internet connection for 102 Rs 300 MB and then still it didnt worked. So give a call to CC and got some nice rep. He said that first shut down the phone, remove the battery and the card for a minute and then put in. Also he will change the settings from there from his end. Now after the phone restarts type ALL and send this sms to 52586. I asked him y this happens. He said that if yiu remove the simcard from the phone the settings get changed immediatly. So never remove the sim card of the phone. Now first I updated my phone which got easily updated after internet started. When I tried to install skype I got an error after 45 minutes, skype installation failed error 495. When I tried to update maps, after 2 hrs I got maps installation failed error 691. When I tried to update streets, after 2 hrs I got streets installation failed error 691. Now tell me guys what should I do. Is 3G internet connection a problem on samsung galaxy note.

Even i am facing the same problem
i bought it 3 days back and updated it to ics and now the battery is running out like anything
so please help me guys

Hello,

I finally backed out of buying 2nd hand , too much worry.

HomeShop18.com Superdeals: Samsung 32D4003 LED TV - 32", Lenovo G570 (i3-2370 - 2GB - 320GB - 15.6") laptop, Samsung Galaxy Note, BlackBerry Curve 8520,Kamakshi Necklace Set by Zuni, Home Essentials Cotton Towel Collection, Yepme Dark Blue Men's Jean

Is this deal going to be good ? They are not showing the price but i'm guessing it will be around Rs 28k . I don't even know how to shop online , only bought by Cash on Delivery previously :( I am really serious about getting the Note , but afraid of buying online ..

Back