Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

Finally! On LPF stock ICS now.
Some users on xda reported hard brick with this LPF thing too. And some have reported wifi issues with the CF kernel. I think i'll skip things for a moment. Not touching anything right now. Should i stay where i am or revert back to stock LC1?
I guess i should wait for Indian ICS to release.

Stay here. This has new bootloader. Lot of people flashed without flashing bootloader, so they might be the one in trouble. No need to go back to gingerbread. Stock is safe as it is.

Stay here. This has new bootloader. Lot of people flashed without flashing bootloader, so they might be the one in trouble. No need to go back to gingerbread. Stock is safe as it is.

This is fast. Faster and more swift than GB. But some apps just force closed. How's everything at your end?

Guys, I recently upgraded the firmware on my Galaxy note through Kies and since then the Phone is auto switching off 3-4 times daily and it won't reboot until i take out the battery and plug it again. It's very frustrating now . i did a factory reset but the problem still there, Any Idea what to do ? Thanks

Guys, I recently upgraded the firmware on my Galaxy note through Kies and since then the Phone is auto switching off 3-4 times daily and it won't reboot until i take out the battery and plug it again. It's very frustrating now . i did a factory reset but the problem still there, Any Idea what to do ? Thanks

It has to be a bad flash for sure - try downloading stock firmware from samfirmware.com and flash using ODIN

Just got my note back again from Samsung service centre. Buggers flashed it back to LB1. (Not complaining though, they fixed it properly)
No notification in kies.

Yupp LB1 is latest for India. I go the note yesterday with LB1. Downgraded it to KL3 to get the root and then upgraded again to LB1, maintaining the root. Flashed the speedmod K2 kernel and I am all set.

I am sticking with LPF. Its very stable and fast at the moment. I would rather wait for modders to start cooking safe custom roms than go from one ICS official which is already very smooth and stable to another untested one.
I had option to jump directly to LP9 after getting my note back today but I went straight to tried and tested LPF.
I will wait a bit on LP9 feedback..
It does not have a new bootloader we saw with LPF.

@Shripad Can you help me out here. I am on stock LPF right now. I want to root my phone. I cant understand any of the methods given on xda specifically chainfire's thread. I am aware of the Odin and CF root method but i dont want the yellow triangle thing. Can you explain me the steps i need to follow?
Is there any way we can boot into recovery from a stock rom?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Shripad Can you help me out here. I am on stock LPF right now. I want to root my phone. I cant understand any of the methods given on xda specifically chainfire's thread. I am aware of the Odin and CF root method but i dont want the yellow triangle thing. Can you explain me the steps i need to follow?
Is there any way we can boot into recovery from a stock rom?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1659308

Follow root instructions in first post. You won't get any triangle.
Even on stock phone, you can always boot into stock recovery. Follow those root instructions.

From my Samsung Galaxy Note, in your face....

Last edited by a moderator:
Samsung has released the Source Code for ICS, follow the discussion/thread here. Hopefully the devs will come up with a way to solve/avoid the eMMC bug and we'll get back to flashing(thon).

Back