Samsung Galaxy S Family Thread

archat68 said:
To go to download mode:

Connect USB to pc (not to the phone)

Power off phone (some pull their battery and put it back in to make sure it is off)

Go into download mode (hold both volume keys... then insert usb to the phone), wait 2-3 seconds

Tried it too numerous times. No luck. It just goes into loop. At&T screen-then off-then AT&T screen.

Vibu said:
Why making it Complicated

Just follow these steps to enter in to Download Mode.

1. Turn off your Phone Completely (After Switching off your phone wait for five to ten Seconds, the phone will vibrate).

2. Remove and reinsert the battery (its not necessary)

3. Hold your Volume Down Key + home button + Power Button automatically the mobile will enter download mode, its simple :)

Keep pressed all those three buttons until you see a big Green android image in your Screen....
AFAIK There's no Home-button on Captivate. Isn't it?

Vibu said:
Why making it Complicated

Just follow these steps to enter in to Download Mode.

1. Turn off your Phone Completely (After Switching off your phone wait for five to ten Seconds, the phone will vibrate).

2. Remove and reinsert the battery (its not necessary)

3. Hold your Volume Down Key + home button + Power Button automatically the mobile will enter download mode, its simple :)

Keep pressed all those three buttons until you see a big Green android image in your Screen....
Archat68 is not making it complicated. He's just suggesting the right way. The combination suggested by you doesn't works on newer captivates, they go to recovery mode by using your suggested combination. Further the captivate doesn't shows big green android while in download mode, it shows a yellow triangle.

If you have ever update your boot loaders for gingerbread install, the key combination for Download mode and Recovery are changed.

Has anyone come across the problem of bluetooth not working after serendipity install on captivate? The bluetooth process stops unexpectedly

since you can still see the AT &T logo, all is not gone. Well I suggest you try going download mode by this method:

1. shutdown the phone completely, and then pull out the battery.

2.Connect USB to PC.

3.Hold down both vol up and down buttons. Don't touch the power button.

4. While pressing both button, insert the usb cable to phone.

5. Now put the battery in and after 2-3 seconds release the volume buttons.

Post here what happens.

hA1d3R said:
Has anyone come across the problem of bluetooth not working after serendipity install on captivate? The bluetooth process stops unexpectedly
Bluetooth worked fine for me while I was on Serendipity. try re-installing it.

bigbyte said:
since you can still see the AT &T logo, all is not gone. Well I suggest you try going download mode by this method:

1. shutdown the phone completely, and then pull out the battery.

2.Connect USB to PC.

3.Hold down both vol up and down buttons. Don't touch the power button.

4. While pressing both button, insert the usb cable to phone.

5. Now put the battery in and after 2-3 seconds release the volume buttons.

Post here what happens.
Bluetooth worked fine for me while I was on Serendipity. try re-installing it.
did exactly as you said, the phone now shows battery charge indicator for 1-2 seconds and then turns off and restart showing the same charging indicator. Again a loop.

I know i have not bricked my phone. Read at many places that a usb jig is the only solution now to enter into download mode.

cant even enter the recovery mode. i am stuck :|

Try and do it properly what bigbyte has suggested, A friend did soft bricked his cappy when he was trying to flash mosaic (GB 3).

he was able to switch on the phone but was only getting black screen with some letters in red color.

Try and search on xda you will get some info about this problem there.

how much charge does it shows when battery is charging? If it is less try charging the battery to full, if you have an external charger use that.

You can make a usb jig easily at home. You need 301k resistor, which is very hard to find at it is not an standard value. you can try your luck with 3 resistors of 100k connected in series. Purchase the highest tolerance you get in market (1% or even 0.5%). connect these 3 resistors in series and short pin 4 and 5 of the microusb connector of your phone with this resistor.

bigbyte said:
how much charge does it shows when battery is charging? If it is less try charging the battery to full, if you have an external charger use that.

You can make a usb jig easily at home. You need 301k resistor, which is very hard to find at it is not an standard value. you can try your luck with 3 resistors of 100k connected in series. Purchase the highest tolerance you get in market (1% or even 0.5%). connect these 3 resistors in series and short pin 4 and 5 of the microusb connector of your phone with this resistor.
i am quiete sure when i started the process, the battery charge was more than 95%. though it shows the battery as nil, and it is because when it is just about to start the charging bar, the phone restarts.

where can i get these 100k resistors? does the mobile repair shop people have them?

Electronics shops in nehru place are your best bet.

If you want to spend more you can order a jig from ebay. Otherwise some mobile repair guys in Delhi will be able to help you out by completely restoring your bootloader. Pm for details.

But I still say that try charging your battery to full, either in an external charger or use some friend's galaxy S's battery. I was in a similar situation and my phone wasn't even going in boot loop but ultimately a spare battery saved my life.

BTW were you trying to install any Gingerbread ROM? if yes what were the exact steps you followed?

^ i was trying to install Continuum 5 onto my phone. Was in the first phase of the process. Was just trying to go back to stock firmware by using the Odin-1Click method. Did as it is as explained in a how-to video made by MobileTechVideos. Dont know where is was wrong. But i'm stuck now.

Please PM me the details of the mobile repair guy. I dont have any friend who has a Galaxy S, nor do i have any external charger. So my luck only depends either on the jig method or mobile repair shops. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

You're phone is very much alive so you shouldn't have a problem getting it running up again.

Try local mobile shops if they have the usb jig. You can make one yourself as bigbyte suggested. If you're not comfortable with making one you'll have to order from ebay. Or you could maybe find someone who can make the jig. But remember to get resistors with 1% or less tolerance. 5% tolerance might have problems.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Good News to all, Darky's v10.1 is the most stable Rom available right now for Samsung Galaxy Series, tried almost 5 to 6 Rom and found Darky's v10.1 up to the mark, with the FFC fixed :)

looks like i will have to order one jig from ebay now. no luck here. have a colleague coming back from Us this weekend. will ask him to get one. almost everywhere i read at xda and other forums most of the people are facing the same issue and used the jig to rectify this problem. thanks everyone for help.

MIUI is being stable ROM now days :) I recommend you guys to try MIUI ROM, it is the best android ROM in terms of UI, Speed, (*Battery is damn good too, lasts some 24hours for me) :D

Back