Samsung Galaxy S Family Thread

Let me know after trying it as this is my first Custom Rom :) If anything stable out there means P.M me the links I too will give a try...

coolcrook said:
maybe I will

for now I am serendipity+golauncher, its not quite as fast as darky I feel but it gives me better battery life.

I try MIUI and firefly as well

If you want stability get the darky 9.5 Extreme Edition rom, its the most stable user friendly and loaded rom I have used till now(used cm7,serendipity,darky).

I felt the battery life wasn't great but it never lagged, had a good feel to it I cant explain, serendipity gives better battery backup(2-3hrs more on std. usage) , but the default launcher was not great so I got another launcher, sometimes I get a lag(almost unnoticeable but its there) and for some reason my contact pics dont show up in the messaging screen in serendipity.

I have Tried MIUI its too good but the problem is battery of it, other than thats its super cool. Now downloaded GingerReal 3.7 and Insanity 8.5 will try and let you knows guys abt it.. My friend is using GingerReal 3.5 and he said its super...

Ive been on Bionix 1.3.1 for two months now, havent had too many problems too be honest. Its been rock stable.

Gonna try out Bionix nextgen and see how that is. I dont yet feel the need to go for a 2.3.3 ROM, Froyo still does everything i need of it. Might as well wait for a fully stable and issue-free ROM.

For vibrant trigger and bionix seems to be the best Froyo rom's. For captivate Andromeda and Firefly are best 2.2 Rom's, Darky's 9.5 and Serendipity are best 2.2.1 ROM's. These are of course my personal opinion.

At last tried GingerReal 3.7 and Insanity 8.5 and to tell the truth GingerReal 3.7 has good Stability and Speed, goona stick with it for some time.. :)

I'm currently using Bionix NextgenV2 on my Vibrant with Bali kernel.

Can't say much about the kernel, need to test it more. But it seems pretty nice compared to couple others I used.

NextgenV2 overall is great. Except for the launcher FC'ing on boot, I haven't had any problems with it.

I'm still looking for the best modem though. Just can't seem to find a good one.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Oh yeah, one thing about the Bali kernel. It has a hideous bootscreen image. :p

Darky's v10.1 final is released. Everyone's claiming, it's fast, stable, smooth and battery life is good. I am gonna give a try tonight.

Anyone's on MIUI ROM? I must say, try it. I am on MIUI since last one month and working with MIUI Galaxy S developers. MIUI is finally a usable rom with good battery life (can't say better battery life)

I'm a bit confused and puzzled. Will be really thankful if someone can spare some time and help me out.

I have a Samsung Captivate. I am on Continnum v4. Just installed when i bought the phone via CWM.
Never updated or installed any kernels.

Now the problem is, i want to flash my phone to custom Gingerbread ROMs out there. The sequel of the present ROM i'm on, Continum v5.5 looks good to me.
But thow How-to install guide asks me to 1) go back to stock 2)update my kernel to JVB and what not! (I seriously have no idea about kernels and using ODIN).
though it says i can use the CWM to flash.

Now i want to ask is, how can i update my kernel? How to do so?
and do i need to go back to stock 2.1 to flash any new 2.3 ROM.

I request all the gurus, just a simple step-by-step guide would be useful. and it'd help other newbies like me.

Rahulrulez said:
Darky's v10.1 final is released. Everyone's claiming, it's fast, stable, smooth and battery life is good. I am gonna give a try tonight.

Anyone's on MIUI ROM? I must say, try it. I am on MIUI since last one month and working with MIUI Galaxy S developers. MIUI is finally a usable rom with good battery life (can't say better battery life)
hey weren't you also working on darky's rom. and darky's site is down. where is the stable release avbl? even the xda thread is not updated

Does anyone have a jig here and want to sell? I beleive i have soft-bricked my device as i cannot get past the AT&T world phone logo, and also i cant get to the Download Moad by the button combo. All this was done while trying Odin-1-Click to revert back to stock firmware. I am stuck.

Gauge said:
Does anyone have a jig here and want to sell? I beleive i have soft-bricked my device as i cannot get past the AT&T world phone logo, and also i cant get to the Download Moad by the button combo. All this was done while trying Odin-1-Click to revert back to stock firmware. I am stuck.
Did you ever had three button combo enabled? Give me full details how did you soft bricked your phone, i mean what you were doing when it happened and your location. I may be able to help you.

Gauge said:

To go to download mode:

Connect USB to pc (not to the phone)

Power off phone (some pull their battery and put it back in to make sure it is off)

Go into download mode (hold both volume keys... then insert usb to the phone), wait 2-3 seconds

Why making it Complicated

Just follow these steps to enter in to Download Mode.

1. Turn off your Phone Completely (After Switching off your phone wait for five to ten Seconds, the phone will vibrate).

2. Remove and reinsert the battery (its not necessary)

3. Hold your Volume Down Key + home button + Power Button automatically the mobile will enter download mode, its simple :)

Keep pressed all those three buttons until you see a big Green android image in your Screen....

bigbyte said:
Did you ever had three button combo enabled? Give me full details how did you soft bricked your phone, i mean what you were doing when it happened and your location. I may be able to help you.

Well, as mentioned, i was trying to revert back to stock firmware using Odin 1-Click. Did everything as explained. but as soon as it finished the phone stuck. I pulled out the battery and inserted it again and when trying to boot the phone phone just goes into a loop only showing AT&T World phone white screen.

And, nope i never had any 3-button combo.

I am from Delhi.

Back