Samsung Galaxy S Family Thread

@karankapoor Since you have downloaded and installed sgs unlock by helroz, you can share the apk with trigger. You can find apk in data/app folder.

It is quite possible to download any apk from net and transfer to phone and install it from there. Just google the program name with apk extension - you'll find it. Enable instal from unknown source in your phone before that.

Finally could not resist myself and installed Gingerbread release on my Captivate. I chose GR-9 by mikey. So far so good, not having any problems but frankly speaking it is more of a mental satisfaction. Could not make out much difference between Froyo and Gingerbread. For me it was like I upgraded from Words 2000 to Words 2003 (2007 to 2010 for that matter). Unless you know about new features and can make use of them, the upgrades are mostly not of much use.

Any ways will continue on Gingerbread unless I face some major disadvantage. GPS network etc every thing is working fine on this ROM ATM.

bigbyte said:
Application is easier than you think. Just prepare a very mild soapy solution, wet your fingers and protector with it and place it over the clean screen. Within a minute or so it will be start sticking to surface, by this time start removing all the excess water using a credit card. Leave it overnight and you are done.
Is it similar to lamination? I need some screen protector for my Vibrant & Captivate. Which one should I pick - this or standard scratch guard?

There are so many roms. Try them out yourself to see which ones good. :p

You can try Bionix 1.3.1. It's one of the best roms. You can try Bionix Nextgen as well. It's not final, but many people are using it and it's very much usable as a daily rom.
From the newer lot, you can try Trigger or Bi-Winning.

Try the Galaxy one click root first. Then when rooted - connect your phone to net through wi-fi. I told you in the pM that you'll need internet. If you don't have wi-fi then tether using another android phone.

bigbyte said:
Finally could not resist myself and installed Gingerbread release on my Captivate. I chose GR-9 by mikey. So far so good, not having any problems but frankly speaking it is more of a mental satisfaction. Could not make out much difference between Froyo and Gingerbread. For me it was like I upgraded from Words 2000 to Words 2003 (2007 to 2010 for that matter). Unless you know about new features and can make use of them, the upgrades are mostly not of much use.
Any ways will continue on Gingerbread unless I face some major disadvantage. GPS network etc every thing is working fine on this ROM ATM.
even i am thinking of switching to gb. but after reading your post. i am still waiting. cos official gb is yet to be released by att. this is galaxys port. also after flashing many roms sticking with firefly on 2.2 for the smoothest and fast ui. and most importantly all the reqd features.

I got it today.

This is the most sexy "Galaxy S" I have seen so far. And it is in brand new condition. Wow. :clap:

mgdelhi said:
Guys, I won something which I guess only I will have in India. This is Galaxy S Korean Model. Factory unlocked, like we get Samsung Galaxy S i9000 here.

No carrier logo. Instead of "Samsung" the brand is "Anycall" which is premium category of Samsung. Has front cam. Also has many extras.

I had a liking of brand "Anycall" for last couple of years.

Don't worry, I researched enough before bidding that this work in India.

Note to all galaxy users : please dont use rom manager
Bricked(softbrick) my phone(Captivate), had to go through the whole process of installing stock rom(2.1 eclair).
Now trying to install serendipity 6.4, eclair is too laggy, haven't even bothered to put my sim in yet.
Lets see how it goes with seredipity.

coolcrook said:

Bricked(softbrick) my phone(Captivate), had to go through the whole process of installing stock rom(2.1 eclair).

Now trying to install serendipity 6.4, eclair is too laggy, haven't even bothered to put my sim in yet.

Though Now I don't use ROM manager, I never had any problem using it. Bu twhen you use ROM manager to flash CWM, it downloads it from internet and you lose your data mb's if you are on 3g. You can use it once and save the downloaded update.zip to your external sdcard or pc.

I didn't got any links for CWM update.zip for vibrant so I'd to employ this method. For captivate CWM update.zip is easily available so you don't need ROM manager.

Of course you can always flash a kernel through odin, that'll give you CWM and root in one go.

Can anyone tell me about the touch sensitivity and feel of the original Galaxy S?

How does the touch experience compare with Iphone4?

I'm not able to get demos due to my location.

kestrel5915 said:
Can anyone tell me about the touch sensitivity and feel of the original Galaxy S?

Excellent.

kestrel5915 said:
How does the touch experience compare with Iphone4?

I'm not able to get demos due to my location.
At par or even better, depends on personal taste.

Try MIUI bro am using it and am loving it... really too good, best custom rom available for Samsung Galaxy Series... And too easy to install it.

coolcrook said:

Vibu said:
Try MIUI bro am using it and am loving it... really too good, best custom rom available for Samsung Galaxy Series... And too easy to install it.

maybe I will
for now I am using serendipity+golauncher, its not quite as fast as darky I feel but it gives me better battery life.
I'll try MIUI and firefly as well

Back