Samsung Galaxy S II launched on May 25th - Retail Availability in June

ryanrulez4ever said:
If i get some Bangalore folks who have a DSLR ,could do a collective review , Maybe time for a Bangalore Meet :p
Havent seen a single millisec of a lag, Videos look livelier, Plays flacs easily, KIES over Wifi works like its meant to, Battery could have been better (fair enough when performance vs Power utilization ratio is taken into mind) , No accessories available locally at the moment

Ah Would love a video review...muted would do too :eek:hyeah:
I am doubting its availability in Bangalore/all Metros as ppl are running all over like crazy for this device. To add to it I have to find a weekend to go to Bangalore.

How much and from where did you get this for ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dinjo said:
Any chance of it playing mkv files ?

You can use Rock Player if it does not. I guess Rock Player plays everything..well almost

sgx100 said:
Ah Would love a video review...muted would do too :eek:hyeah:

I am doubting its availability in Bangalore/all Metros as ppl are running all over like crazy for this device. To add to it I have to find a weekend to go to Bangalore.

How much and from where did you get this for ?

I Bought it for 30.500Rs, From Sangeethas Indiranagar,

Current status : Sangeethas, Channel 9, Univercell ( select locations) all sold out guys , they will be restocking by 10th again , initial low stock to check the market response , im sure soldout in 1 day will make em stock more going forward :D

Rest of the dealers shall start selling on 9th,with effective stocks on 8th

ryanrulez4ever said:
I Bought it for 30.500Rs, From Sangeethas Indiranagar,

Current status : Sangeethas, Channel 9, Univercell ( select locations) all sold out guys , they will be restocking by 10th again , initial low stock to check the market response , im sure soldout in 1 day will make em stock more going forward :D

Rest of the dealers shall start selling on 9th,with effective stocks on 8th

Official Congrats on ur wallet-bleeding purchase. I guess I will wait for the stocks/prices to become a bit stable.
But will surely take a word from you for places to hunt down as Im putting up in Tumkur.

dinjo said:
Any chance of it playing mkv files ?
MKV support is out of the box i guess , read in a lot of reviews.

Guys those who just got there hands on the S2 can u confirm about 2 things , it would really help.

1. Yellow Tint Issue at the bottom when brightness is low as 20%

2. Pink Patch in Pictures and Videos captured with Flash Off or Flash On [i dont remember exactly]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoI0PZnjcfA

Galaxy S II KE7 update brings better battery life, fixes "pink spot" camera bug

http://mobile.engadget.com/2011/05/...date-brings-better-battery-life-fixes-pink-s/

http://techrssreader.com/?p=8129

Samsung updates Galaxy S II, speeds up Swype and fixes auto-brightness issue

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/15/samsung-updates-galaxy-s-ii-speeds-up-swype-and-fixes-auto-brig/

Quad Master said:
MKV support is out of the box i guess , read in a lot of reviews.

Guys those who just got there hands on the S2 can u confirm about 2 things , it would really help.

1. Yellow Tint Issue at the bottom when brightness is low as 20%
2. Pink Patch in Pictures and Videos captured with Flash Off or Flash On [i dont remember exactly]
YouTube - ‪Samsung Galaxy S2 Pink Spot Camera Problem #2‬‏
Galaxy S II KE7 update brings better battery life, fixes "pink spot" camera bug
Galaxy S II KE7 update brings better battery life, fixes "pink spot" camera bug -- Engadget Mobile
Galaxy S II KE7 update brings better battery life, fixes "pink spot" camera bug | Tech RSS Reader

Samsung updates Galaxy S II, speeds up Swype and fixes auto-brightness issue
Samsung updates Galaxy S II, speeds up Swype and fixes auto-brightness issue -- Engadget
MKV plays out of box without any hazzle

1) Yellow tint, i dont notice any Yellow tinting after close to 12 hours of admiring , Maybe it exists and it un noticeable

2) Pink spots yes after you click a picture which is bright it does try to rescale, which initially for a jiffy shows pink particles but after it rezzes its all good, this is what i have noticed

No updates available for mine Tried with Kies as well as on the air

Finally a proud owner of the Galaxy S II - I9100 @ 31K :D

Thanks a lot to anks22402 - Ankit for helping me out in all the possible ways and answering my queries.

havent found a screen protector for it yet , it was not available.

ryanrulez4ever said:
MKV plays out of box without any hazzle

1) Yellow tint, i dont notice any Yellow tinting after close to 12 hours of admiring , Maybe it exists and it un noticeable

2) Pink spots yes after you click a picture which is bright it does try to rescale, which initially for a jiffy shows pink particles but after it rezzes its all good, this is what i have noticed

No updates available for mine Tried with Kies as well as on the air
Thanks ryanrulez4ever for ur reply.

Quad Master said:
Finally a proud owner of the Galaxy S II - I9100 @ 31K :D

Thanks a lot to anks22402 - Ankit for helping me out in all the possible ways and answering my queries.

havent found a screen protector for it yet , it was not available.

Thanks ryanrulez4ever for ur reply.
Welcome to the S2 Club Mate :)

When you happen to find accessories let me know so that even i will order :p, or if i find any i will let you know :p

32,830 rs is the mrp. Very few stocks as of now. Someone was offering me one for 31k with bill but that's too high price for the phone. I will wait for a resonable price in 2 weeks time

yogi7272 said:
32,830 rs is the mrp. Very few stocks as of now. Someone was offering me one for 31k with bill but that's too high price for the phone. I will wait for a resonable price in 2 weeks time
Price wont go down in 2 weeks as far as i have heard from the Reliable source, cos of the tremendous response and preorder turn up, when the phone is selling at the price what it is like a hot cake, why would some one reduce price ? , price right now is 30,500, even if it goes down by chance it would be merely 1k less, which is again 29.500, not bad of a price for this beauty and beasty specs that this phone offers ,

yogi7272 said:

Hey in xda forum Dhruv and arjun have created a list for a mass purchase ..and they have got the offer from infibeam....the phone will cost u around rs. 29399 + Free scratch guard + 250 voucher of infibeam which u can use it further to buy an accessories..HDim cable etc.......soo why dont u also give ur name....the phone will be shipped on 9th june and u'll get it within 24 to 48 hours........M not promoting XDa .this is for ur benefit....

Just got mine for 32k and I like it. though there is a yellow tint but definitely a very good phone

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Heya Switch

The best bet would be to make friends with dealers so that when the new stock comes they can book one for you as its out of stock , my friend from delhi is looking for one too, shall tell ya once i find something from him, Wish we had Mobile phone Dealers on TE too dont we? :p

At least 6 months before the prices come down around 25k level. Looking at the demand for this phone and not so impressive sales of it's potential competition (Atrix, optimus 2X), the prices are unlikely to fall by a great extent in next 2-3 months.

a guy on xda got his from hypercity for 29999/-

with bill and warranty

now that is a killer deal

for the guys in delhi, a dealer was selling one for 30k/-w with bill

check it out on xda here and here

cheers :)

Guys i think since a lot of people have already got the phone we should have a dedicated thread for this. Contracts to all people who have got this beauty of a phone.

Back