Samsung Galaxy S II launched on May 25th - Retail Availability in June

smnrock said:
^why did you hide the coupon? :p BTW is it unique one? What is the min purchase?
The coupon felt shy to be exposed :p yes a unique one coz it contained a lot of characters. Min purchase is 2500

Just curious , how much might the phone cost around August ?

coz thats when am getting mine :( .... just wish i could have BORN a bit earlier :p

In August the price will be btw 26k and 29k as a wide range. If you are very very lucky then around 25500-26500 but definitely not below that. But as a safe guess, I guess 27-29k sounds reasonable.

The price doesn't fall every month or so.

Galaxy S for instance was around 28k in the beginning and 26k or so 1 year down and 23k only now when its life is sorta over.

@^^
Sell it and get this one. :p

Enough OT - Someone please tell me where I can get a screen guard for the phone. It is just not available in central Delhi. I can travel to obscure corners of Delhi if need be. Don't wanna scratch the beauty, and using it gingerly is taking the fun out of the experience.

Hi,

Just one question.
How this phone feels after going inside your pant's pocket. Does it get a bit uncomfortable considering its huge screen size.

PS : I hope its dual core proccys does not interfare with our dual cores down there...

phoenix844884 said:
@^^

Enough OT - Someone please tell me where I can get a screen guard for the phone. It is just not available in central Delhi. I can travel to obscure corners of Delhi if need be. Don't wanna scratch the beauty, and using it gingerly is taking the fun out of the experience.
ill tell you what i did, i bought a HD2 screenguard , took measurement between the earpiece till the home button area, cut few MMs and applied, works absolutely fine, as the accessories will take few more weeks to come, and its less expensive this way

@sgx100

PS : I hope its dual core proccys does not interfare with our dual cores down there...

Lol, that would Make Kofta out of the dual cores down there :p

phoenix844884 said:
@^^

You dont need a screen guard. Its already protected by Gorilla Glass. ;)

BTW did you root your phone?

Root is available for KE8.

hellgate said:
You dont need a screen guard. Its already protected by Gorilla Glass. ;)

BTW did you root your phone?

Root is available for KE8.
can you help me with the link bro ? for the root , dunno which one to use for rooting as im new to android

Tried Gingerbreak but no go

ryanrulez4ever said:
can you help me with the link bro ? for the root , dunno which one to use for rooting as im new to android

Tried Gingerbreak but no go
[ROM + Guide]Official i9100 KE1/KE2/KE7/KE8 download for Odin Flash and Root Guide. - xda-developers

Try the method given there. Works A-OK!

@hellgate - just rooted it mate. Thankfully I waited one extra day for KE8 firmware to be officially released on Samsung servers. Also applying a screen guard will give me some sort of comfort in knowing that there is extra layer protecting my delicate bits. :p

phoenix844884 said:
[ROM + Guide]Official i9100 KE1/KE2/KE7/KE8 download for Odin Flash and Root Guide. - xda-developers

Try the method given there. Works A-OK!

@hellgate - just rooted it mate. Thankfully I waited one extra day for KE8 firmware to be officially released on Samsung servers. Also applying a screen guard will give me some sort of comfort in knowing that there is extra layer protecting my delicate bits. :p
is a memory card mandatory for rooting ? many people said that i need one for taking a backup, where as i dont have one atm

and also is rooting safe ?

I got this mail from Indiaplaza with a Rs. 1000 coupon off.

If this has been posted here already, my apologies.

SGS48851614105306 is the code.

Back