Samsung Galaxy S II launched on May 25th - Retail Availability in June

TH, you purchased from Indiaplaza before? I had a horrible experience the one time I tried and have decided not to touch them with a 100 ft pole!

ryanrulez4ever said:
is a memory card mandatory for rooting ? many people said that i need one for taking a backup, where as i dont have one atm

and also is rooting safe ?
Memory Card is required for taking a backup of your current firmware and setting. In case something goes wrong, then you can flash the official firmware and restore your phone to a previous checkpoint so to speak.

Rooting is absolutely safe if you follow the steps. Make sure you have all the required file before hand, extract and store them all in a common location but in separate respective folders. Then proceed with the steps given in that tutorial. You'll love your phone even more after root!

Hey guys, just giving everyone a heads-up - it's probably best if you stay away from letsbuy.com as a source for this phone (or anything else, if this is any indication).

Still haven't received my phone from Lets buy, and I paid for it last week. Called CS up, and the guy hung up on me! So I sat down and wrote a mail to their customer support...

Hi,

I'm writing about order number LSB-155269, a pre-ordered Samsung Galaxy S II, for which I'd made complete payment last Saturday (Jun 4).

I'd called customer service about this yesterday noon, at which point I was assured that it would be shipped yesterday evening.

This item still has not been shipped. When I called Customer Support again today to ask about this, your customer service executive (I'm assuming) hung up on me as soon as he heard the order number and my calls to customer support are no longer picked up.

Please understand the ridiculousness of this situation. I pre-ordered the phone in the hope that I'd receive it as soon as possible. However, it is actually possibly for me, now, to walk into a local mobile phone shop, and pick up this phone for a lesser price than the one you people charged.

I'm hoping for a quick response. Will keep trying to call CS, but I'm getting sick and tired of listening to the automated (untrue) message.

Yours sincerely,

An extremely disgruntled customer,

I don't think anyone's gonna even read this mail though. My last two mails went un-replied. Just gotta keep hammering CS and hope someone picks up, I guess. Does anyone know of an alternate CS number - other than the one on their front-page, that is?

^^ If you post on their facebook they make sure you get a callback from a resourceful rep within the same day. Happened to me twice.

letsbuy are very enthusiastic- but they still need to get their act right-Once i ordered 1 Braun Stick mixer from them- C O D- one after other i got 3- sumtimes their dispatches are inordinately delayed.

Finally got through to CS - got a new guy this time. This one didn't hang up, and instead explained that they're having supply issues with Samsung, and that they're expecting a fresh shipment of phones sometime today. <sigh> Just gotta wait, I guess.

There was a samsung galaxy s2 on sale on ebay for 30500 .sold 6 and the seller ended the listing even though he has mentioned that he has 10 pieces.it was a good buy i feel. but its no longer available :-(

Just now both SAMSUNG and dealers/jobbers/sub dealers r having a rollicking time due to the hype and anxiety created vis a vis Galaxy S2.

GUYS IT IS ONLY A PHONE ! AND WILL SOON BE AVAILABLE AT ITS OWN REASONABLE PRICE-just let the market place fix the right price ! and then buy!!

vijayshimla said:
Just now both SAMSUNG and dealers/jobbers/sub dealers r having a rollicking time due to the hype and anxiety created vis a vis Galaxy S2.

GUYS IT IS ONLY A PHONE ! AND WILL SOON BE AVAILABLE AT ITS OWN REASONABLE PRICE-just let the market place fix the right price ! and then buy!!
You wont say that once you use it!!!

No Point Waiting for the price to come down and then buying, cos by then Samsung would already Announce GS3 and by then you are already late,

Make hay when the sun shines, Technology never waits for the price to come down it just moves on

ryanrulez4ever said:
You wont say that once you use it!!!

No Point Waiting for the price to come down and then buying, cos by then Samsung would already Announce GS3 and by then you are already late,

Make hay when the sun shines, Technology never waits for the price to come down it just moves on
He def is not referring to a next year purchase.

What you stated is exactly what Samsung is riding on.. the hype. If you can just hold onto your horses and get it after sometime, definitely the phone will be available for a bit less. Any gadget's purchase should be based on your preference, and whether you are going to actually use its fabled features or not. Sadly not too many people will see the logic in most of the purchases.

Spacescreamer said:
He def is not referring to a next year purchase.

What you stated is exactly what Samsung is riding on.. the hype. If you can just hold onto your horses and get it after sometime, definitely the phone will be available for a bit less. Any gadget's purchase should be based on your preference, and whether you are going to actually use its fabled features or not. Sadly not too many people will see the logic in most of the purchases.

When you say a Bit less , how Less are we talking of ? and when you say wait, how much time are we talking of ?

Pricing goes down mostly due to 2 circumstances 1) when the next linedup item launch comes closer, like a roadmap (Which waiting will) 2) Less Demand in the market or better options in the market for the same price range (Which i dont see at the moment)

Any reason why India doesnt get any Mobile phone launch done the same day it releases elsewhere ? Maybe they wanna wait cos we are waiting for the pricing to come down ?

How much was an Iphone when it was officially released ? and how much price depreciation did we have in few months ?

But again the above are my thoughts, correct me if im wrong, My intent isnt an arguement, and " Im not Samsung fanboi" but i really want to learn the reason as to "what exactly is the intent behind delaying a purchase" , say even if the price goes down like a 1000-3000rs with a wait, we are talking of a product worth 28k odd, how much difference is it in percentage , 5% ?, 10%? , Delaying a purchase for measly 10% when i can enjoy what the item has to offer right then and there ? instead of waiting for months and getting closer to the EOL time

A query to all existing SGS2 users. Came to know from a friend that the home button went wobbly on his SGS2, he called up Samsung SC and got a over the counter replacement. Is this true ?? Has anyone else faced this problem ?? Just curious to know this before I splurge on this phone :bleh:

Look at the prices of GALAXY S. It has been more than a year since it's launch and it still commands a handsome price of 22k. AFAIK after the initial one month it was available for 28k. So this phone has maintained it's price well due to it's excellent hardware and unparalleled development support. I don't see a reason why S2 will not go the same way. I don't expect it's prices to fall below 26k in next 6 months unless Samsung introduces Network locked and operator branded versions for this phone.

Back