Samsung Galaxy S II launched on May 25th - Retail Availability in June

^^ Extended warranty.

Cons -

Design issues : (Major)

Earpiece volume is not that great and also a lot of complains about not being able to hear me properly. It's not a network issue.

Placement of the speaker. Too many times does the ringtone get muffled when the phone is lying face up on a soft surface.

Messaging : Doesn't throw an option of blocking by number, mail, etc while reading messages?. No spam folder? IMO messages review should work the same as mails.

Multiple select while deleting does not show a gist of the message instead shows the number of messages. So now I can't review the messages while deleting with multiple selections.

*Note : the 2 features could be present maybe I haven't found them yet.

- Old Nokia users may have their hearts in their mouth while carrying this in their pocket, it feels too delicate. I upgraded from a Samsung Wave 8500 and the build quality felt more sturdy than this one.

- Leather Pouch, rather man purse is the worst thing I've seen being passed of as an accessory. No velcro means the purse flap is always open. The pouch does not really "hug" the phone so it can always slip out.

- The home screen scrolling is jittery. Wave 8500 w/o any widgets running was more fluid.

Pros - Back does look cheap, but actually the mesh design doesn't let the phone slip from my fingers. So +1. SE ARC keeps slipping from my hands.

- Camera is good, a little grainy but overall good.

- Fluid UI. Browsing is superb thanks to text reflow from Android.

I am using that black mesh case. It's very good. Maintains the form and slimness of the phone while giving a matte rubberized grip to the back. Previously I was $hit scared of holding the phone slightly loosely as it would slip from my hands. With the case it doesn't go anywhere and also adds a few millimeters of extra girth to it so that it fits better in my hands. (Large hands here :))

Am contemplating this set...anyone here facing the yellow tint? I personally think the yellow tinting maybe a nitpicking on the set,or is it serious enough to distract the experience?

Regards

Back