Samsung Galaxy S II launched on May 25th - Retail Availability in June

Its brought from UK, so pricing is irrelevant. Got out last week as soon as it was launched.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Re: Samsung Galaxy S 2 launching 13-14 april in India

Shripad said:
Its brought from UK, so pricing is irrelevant. Got out last week as soon as it was launched.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
What's the price there?

Where did you get it? (Store details)

I'm moving to UK soon..

Could plan to get one..

^^I think I read somewhere it's for around 399 pounds!

But how did the plastic back cover feel...
That's a great dealbreaker for me. I lost all the locking pins (Whatever you say) from my 5800 in just 18-20 months...
Does it last that long? do we have any aftermarket metal back cover for it? (Maybe too early to ask)
Does the lens gets scratched on regular use.. (Its protruding)?
Any protective cases available?

The major problem with reviews is..
They don't give a long sighted opinions...
If the cover may withstand regular use..
Does any dirt/dust get trapped in lcd<>glass.
Even sometimes slowdown of OS...
Any long term review/Thinking would be great...

Actually there are few niggles with the phones that all reviews have missed so far. You get to know these bugs when you actually use the phone with different applications for some time.

I want to do an article (not the full blown review, but just a article about what things you should expect that have not been covered in reviews so far ) about this.

No point in doing full blown review as there are plenty out there.

The good thing is, none of these niggles are serious enough for you to not want this phone.

Back cover is okish. When you remove it, you get WTF feeling. But once on phone, it wont bother you much. It fits tightly and does not have any flex when attached to phone.

There are few bugs in the phone and few touch input and display glitches which hopefully are software related. (no, not the odd burn in or dead pixels, but universal issues which bug all SGS2 skus at this point).

I will see if I can sit down to write about it in detail over next couple of days as I have some free time this week after long long time.

Congrats on a awesome buy shripad , me just waiting for the official launch here , it takes a long time here to launch and its killing my patience.

Waiting for that review from ur end.

Guys do update if u spot a S2 officially in India.

launching tomorrow or day after, price is a big surprise.. will post here as soon as I buy it.

Back