Android Samsung Galaxy S3 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, they're very reliable. I have a first hand experience. :)
It's a nice deal. Go for it!

Edit: "Sold Out" :sleep:

Yeah Sold Out.I feel either Samsung underestimated the demand of S3 or they are just creating artificial shortage by pulling away stocks of S3 from retailers/wholesellers.

I want to point out people to some really interesting hardware problem which i have seen on one x
& that problem is with capacitive button light on one x merges with the display light it not much of a problem as it not noticeable in brighter area but when their is darker area near the capacitive button leaking light pops up & it was really irritating . as many of u have heard their its software is half a** make so their is lot of app which has lag on one X compared to S3 .well for s3 i had found a frame skip on a game name doddle jump but that is bearable . i think earlier version of gorilla glass were better as i have seen break test of both handset and both break at the end test. some are saying the camera on one x is better and some says s3 is better . i think one x photos are more detailed compare to s3 but in case of lighting s3 photo are better as compared to one x .but when u take photo in low light one x photo is full of crap it has a lot of noise & flash is of no use but s3 has a decent flash and has a lot less noise compare to one x but as we all know that why we use dedicated camera for photo shots & camera phone are for day light & on the run shots.As for video quality i can definitely say that s3 is better as compared to one X in low lighting one x record at 19 fps but in broad day light it record at 23 to 24 fps as checked by (FRAPS) & for s3 its record at 29 to 30 fps as checked by (FRAPS). About call quality both are about same but S3 has call EQ which is of no use to most of the people . listening music was really fun on s3 its really shine when use high quality audio format (flac) and good quality IEM as i was using sound magic E10M & JVC fxt 90. the music listening experience on s3 was better in every way to ONE X . beats audio is a crap talk by htc to grab customer in name of Beats byDr.Dre .as for some quality one one x i can say that its same as its cheap android phone like HTC explorer or i can even say that explorer sound better when using power-amp player. battery life on one X is OK but s3 has much better battery life. and for storage ONE X is no where near s3 , one x say 32 gb but u can use only 25gb & as for Indian customer drop box is not to be considered as memory even though if we add the 25 GB of dropbox its still 50 GB . as for S3 16 GB internal 64 gb expandable & 50 GB dropbox if considered & if we combined all that storage it will be around 130 GB . i have added all the point which came to my mind which i have faced & which u people will consider wile buying these high end phone. & as i have used both the phone i am glad to say that S3 is better in most of the aspect . & lastly one thing it i want to say is that the display on one X is better compared to S3 but that also the draw back for one x as the power hungry screen drains the battery of ONE X whereas the S3 Amoled display uses it switching of the pixel creating a deeper black & at the same time consuming less battery for better movie watching & game play experience. its defiantly the king of android.

Got myself a Pebble Blue S III yesterday from Chroma.
Just wanted to ask other S III owners, how to disable the auto brightness when playing videos?

Reliance Digital seems be the only stores in Hyderabad that has stocks and that too white model only. They are selling at 38.9k. Other places I inquired will get stocks by Monday have given be price quotes of 40~42.5k.

I have ordered SGS 3 from Shopclues using CC of some other friend as i was short of money in my bank account.

Now i got this in a mail from them:

Hello,

Your order number XXXXXX has been classified as a HIGH RISK transaction by the CCAvenue Risk Management Team due to incomplete/invalid/incorrect data submitted by you. "Manual Authorization" is required for this order.

The documents required are as follows: -

(A) Your credit card statement, which clearly shows the card number and the billing address of the card. The statement should be a recent one and should be of the same credit card used for the transaction. We only require a scan/fax of the header section of your customer's credit card statement, which contains this information.

(B) A photo ID of the credit card holder whose credit card has been used for this transaction. This may be any one of the following: -
Driver's License or,
Social Security Card or,
Passport or National Identity Card or,
PAN Card / Voters Card.

Please note that you have a maximum of 5 days from the date of this order to, comply or else the CCAvenue Risk Management Team will automatically cancel this order.

Look forward for your reply.

Thanks

Shopclues Support.

What is the best way to tackle this mess ????

Got myself a Pebble Blue S III yesterday from Chroma.
Just wanted to ask other S III owners, how to disable the auto brightness when playing videos?

Hey congrats :) ... can you check if the Blue S3 suffers from pink tint problem ? ( *#0*# test) ...

hellgate : to fix auto brightness. while playing video, press menu key > scroll and select settings from the bottom > video brightness and soundalive is right there

It shows 5 options by default.. the rest are there when scrolled down... if still ain't working. Try Mx player or moboplayer

Got My pebble blue Galaxy S3 for 37k from Univercell. 1.2k for insurance.

When I went there yesterday they were quoting 39k. Even when i said that the website is selling for 35.5k and 5% vat makes it 37k, they were not willing to reduce the price. But they wrote my details anyway.

Then today i got a call , and they offered 5% off so I got it for 37k lol.
They were quoting 39k for the people who were askin for it even today.

When I went there yesterday they were quoting 39k. Even when i said that the website is selling for 35.5k and 5% vat makes it 37k, they were not willing to reduce the price. But they wrote my details anyway.

can you explain more about the insurance you took for the phone? also if the fone can be bought in EMI scheme with that insurance?

can you explain more about the insurance you took for the phone? also if the fone can be bought in EMI scheme with that insurance?
Yes, if you have credit card.The insurance is basically a theft insurance. You will get 90% of the buying price if you get an FIR. I actually saw some claims before opting for it.

Would like to know from which Univercell did you buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back