Android Samsung Galaxy S3 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vietnam made S3 have samsung cam module whereas Korea made ones have Sony cam module, Sony sensor supposedly take low light photos better than sam sensor :(
Check cam firmware by dialing : *#34971539# ... If its GDFE06/01/02 its Sony, and ZDFEO2 is for Samsung
Hope its just a firmware thing and not limited to hardware :)
(Source: XDA)

Is it normal for the home screen button to make a light click sound when pressing.. or is this a defect?

No dude am talkin about the plastic sound coming when we press the home button, like a clicking noise.

Played with the s3 the whole day yesterday.

Impressions-
Posiives
super fast but negligible in comparison to competiors(onex,note etc)
The battery life is better than s2
I liked the curvy edges,my personal preference ofcourse.for eg my brother who,s phone i was using does not like it.
ics is very stable And the stock was fantastically optimized.

Negatives
The quality of hardware is very cheap.the plastic used and the finish is of low quality.
battery life is still not as good as what i do like if i upgrade from a previous gen phone.
camera is not a big leap at all.i had a direct comparison with 4s and there were a few instances where 4s came out on top.
Audio quality is a big dissapointment.this was one of my main reasons to improve from the note.

Overall i loved the phone and felt it pretty similar To the note which isnt a bad thing at all.

Everybody says samsung s3 has the awesome wolfson dac..
But how many of you have the proper gear to take care of it...
If yes.. You would already have a good audio source with you...
I have a TF10Vi and with my note and a S3 I couldn't find huge difference...
But if I used a good amp and lossless the difference is shown...
Importantly, for this level of audio I will use my 5th gen Ipod rockboxed.. would give quality and save battery for the important phone calls,...

So, If DAC is your dealbreaker, be sure it is not....

Any reasonably priced car mounts that will fit the SGS3 properly? Are the universal car mounts in ebay any good?

The Samsung original car dock is ridiculously priced over 2k.

Played with the s3 the whole day yesterday.
The quality of hardware is very cheap.the plastic used and the finish is of low quality.
battery life is still not as good as what i do like if i upgrade from a previous gen phone.
Audio quality is a big dissapointment.this was one of my main reasons to improve from the note.

Hope you have a used the Power Amp if not give it a try :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer&hl=en

for me it made a big leap in Sound Quality

As for battery is concerned i think its fairly well, May be you should think in term of Android based Smart phones

but may be using apps like power launcher would give you some boost i guess(i did only use it before rooting my phone )

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gau.go.launcherex.gowidget.gopowermaster&hl=en

As for the plastic is concerned i think it all to keep the weight as low as possible but Still with hyerglaze coat it doesn't feel cheap at all ..But you may be right at 40k we do have a right to expect an very expensive look

I love the fuction of samsung galaxy s3 as follows:
1.The S3 large screen
2. The 1.4 GHz four nuclear processor
3.Pop Up Play
4.Flip mute function

My S3 lock Screen(Goes good in combo with Original Samsung Flip case White)

Screenshot_2012_07_21_08_08_31.png

Do anybody in India provide JTAG hard brick recovery ??
Coz I don't wanna end up with really expensive brick in my hand :bleh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back