Android Samsung Galaxy S4 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you are reading the US reviews. They have a different version then the international version which is available in India. The International version is a Octa core while the US version with LTE is a quad core. Hence the US reviewers may mention a micro lag or something of that sort.

A few of my Indian friends were talking about the lag, hence wanted to make sure if it was just them.
To confirm, I again went to Reliance Digital about an hour back (Croma, Reliance Digital is near to my office :p, advantage).. Spent around 30 minutes.. What I did was opened and closed all the apps frequently.. I did not experienced any lag.

To confirm, I again went to Reliance Digital about an hour back (Croma, Reliance Digital is near to my office :p, advantage).. Spent around 30 minutes.. What I did was opened and closed all the apps frequently.. I did not experienced any lag.

:), good to hear that

Where is your office ? Because croma and reliance digital being close to each other is in aundh I know of.

I tried my hands on one in Reliance Digital yesterday. In terms of real-life performance its similar to my Nexus which has over 80 apps installed and various background services running. Apparently, I did notice some lags. Scrolling through home screens and apps in app drawer are buttery smooth so that might cloud one's judgement. So they might think the phone is lag free or of that sort. But honestly in the end, I did not feel I was using a 4x2 Core and a 2GB Ram phone.

Maybe you are reading the US reviews. They have a different version then the international version which is available in India. The International version is a Octa core while the US version with LTE is a quad core. Hence the US reviewers may mention a micro lag or something of that sort.

The phone only uses 4 cores at a time. There are two sets of 4 cores based on the usage/battery life, but only 4 cores can be used at a time.

I have noticed a typical "Android" lag on S4 in some of the review videos I have seen. This is for the US version ofcourse.

I read on android police that the 16GB version of S4 has only around 9GB for user data space? There is microSD card facility but can everything be saved to MicroSD card or some things require to have the internal storage area ?

Lag is there now and then, I read that disabling some of the gesture features made it fine

I did notice lags in S3, but if S4 also shows lags as some folks indicate, I would think it bad code. Really bad code. Companies like Samsung can afford to hire good developers, and they could probably spend some money on hiring such folks. Of course, it doesn't matter since people are 'used' to this lag.

Depends :p what are your expectations ? I did use it and it works as advertised
:D
On the S3 I found the flip cover a chore when answering calls (opening cover, answering then again closing before talking).

So, I assume it works through the plastic without issues.
How flimsy is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back