Android Samsung Galaxy S4 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
S4 seems a bit of improvement in hardware and software. Not a great improvement for ppl who have dual core or Quad core.
This is for ppl who want to upgrade from single core. Cuz we dont need anything to do much more than a dual core as long as you are not using it as a mini computer for all your works.

The Verge has a really nice review of the S4 http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/24/4257254/samsung-galaxy-s4-review

According to them everything is going for it except for the design and I agree with them totally. The One is simply a much more premium looking and feeling device then the S4. But we also need to understand a fact. We cover up our smart phones with expensive covers or cases and most of the time they all end up looking same, so does the premium look really matters that much. I rarely use my iPhone without the case. And so does lot of others whom I know. There are people who use them without the cases also but the ratio is small.

Then there are software features which are gimmicky. And S4 has tonnes of those. But all in all S4 I feel is the most complete Android device then other manufacturers offerings. I personally like the size of the S4 over the Note 2. Apple with their latest announcement of stating no 4"+ device is making this look really tempting. Let some more user reviews come in. In the mean time this looks like a winner.

I like the features, they are way better than what others are providing at that price range. Definitely a good phone for that price :)

I am going to buy it.. Worth every penny that is :D (Plus some bucks I get for developing ROM and sharing it socially ;-))

But reality is people start complaining when they can't afford it. :p (The truth)

I like the features, they are way better than what others are providing at that price range. Definitely a good phone for that price :)

I am going to buy it.. Worth every penny that is :D (Plus some bucks I get for developing ROM and sharing it socially ;-))

But reality is people start complaining when they can't afford it. :p (The truth)

I completely agree with you Rahul, its really nice phone as compared to what you get in market. Loaded with nice features, waiting for users feedback though on touch and feel and overall performance.

My brother got this phone over the weekend. Here's my impressions:

• The screen is magnificent
  • No lag noticed in regular usage. Super responsive.
  • Voice commands actually work
  • The camera is quite good. Took a photo of my niece with the Beauty Shot setting..her pimples vanished in the photo!
  • Loudspeaker isn't that loud.
  • Charges superfast. Something to do with a 2A charger.
  • WIFI performance is a little iffy. Might have something to do with my D-link router. Apparently, the S3 also had a problem with D-link Wifi routers.
  • He is planning to get the S-view case when it launches.
Any other questions? Fire away.

Two of my close friends got the phone day before. Both got it for 41500. There was a special event in Delhi at some mall where they both got it. The phone was personally handed over by Lara Datta and Mahesh Bhupati. The added bonus was that they both got two covers (Samsung S View and flip cover) along with a official screen guard free worth totaling 5500 with the phone. Apart from that the boxes had a sticker signed by Lara Datta and Mahesh Bhupati. I think it was a great deal.

^^ Samsung had a offer going on that anybody who purchased a S4 on Saturday would get these free gifts along with their phone, it was announced during the India launch on Friday.

@i_rock098

Ummm you sure about that? My brother didn't even receive a single case forget 2 of them...

Any links? If it is true, i can probably contact Samsung India and check whether eligible for the offer since it was bought from a Samsung cafe..

Last edited by a moderator:
@i_rock098

Ummm you sure about that? My brother didn't even receive a single case forget 2 of them...

Any links? If it is true, i can probably contact Samsung India and check whether eligible for the offer since it was bought from a Samsung cafe..

Yup pretty sure about it, when exactly did your brother get it?,
Because during the launch event they said it will be applicable for those who purchase a s4 on Saturday 12-4, but the Samsung e store listed the offer for first 500 customers who purchase the s4, don't know which one of them is correct,
Let me check up if I can find a link.

Also I have a question, how is the screen on it compared to the iPhone? Is it as good or even better?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back