Laptops Scammed by asus

quick update, guess what, my laptop was a 4050 with 6gb vram. there are 3 vram chips on the board in the photo given to me. The idiot at the service center compared my board with another board which was fully populated and said a chip was missing on my board. My board never had 4 vram chips. it had 3 vram chips of 2gb each. the replacement board had 4 chips of vram because it was an 8gb gpu.

They simply tried to make me shell out cash for a non existing problem. That slot was always empty.

i did not overclock the gpu, armoury crate has standard, optimised , eco and ultimate modes for the gpu. i changed it from optimised to ultimate and it told me to restart, which i did, after which the display went kaput. i think the nvidia gpu glitched
So did they give you the upgraded board with 8 gb VRAM? It's the least they could do for all the tomfoolery they caused.

thanks, will try the email.
They were asking Rs. 550 for onsite repair and said it would take 48hrs. As the service center is about 3km from my place, I thought i would drop it in myself
That in itself is a red flag. They have to entertain onsite requests if you have onsite warranty. They didn't ask me for charges but wanted me to come to their service centre and I told them I will escalate to customer care if they don't honour the on-site warranty and they came running the same day.
How come there were no warranty void like stickers?
The warranty void stickers are usually pasted over the CPU/GPU heatsink screw, never on the body as you are meant to be able to open the back for SSD/RAM upgrades. In the past I did remove that sticker for repasting and Asus still honoured the warranty.

At the end of the day, it comes down to how good/bad the contracted service centre is.

I can recall my days when I was employed with Apple India.. Apple is know for such shady practices. They used to freely swap stuff from a poor customers systems, ipods etc. and what not for their priority customers and even swap serial nos. and pass the bill to the innocent poor customer. So, if that poor customers system had only a bsic or aminor issue, apple used to fool him telling the mobo conked off or the gpu or something beyond repair!
Thats the reason I F** apple and left the job! India is b***shit in services, even if Tesla comes here dont expect Western like services here. They will turn a tesla into a chapri swift.
I had to read this few times . Never thought Apple out of all the brands are this bad with its customers. Who already paying huge price for their products.
Many actually who buy Apple dont just do it because they could afford it but by stretching their budget only to have good reliable product for long time.

Really man these companies are having field job in India. From Chinese to almost every company have literally been give free ride to F*** customers here.

I had to read this few times . Never thought Apple out of all the brands are this bad with its customers. Who already paying huge price for their products.
Many actually who buy Apple dont just do it because they could afford it but by stretching their budget only to have good reliable product for long time.

Really man these companies are having field job in India. From Chinese to almost every company have literally been give free ride to F*** customers here.
thats why I say, Apple care + is a scam lol, I dunno the amount of cope one goes through when paying for Apple Care just for the privilege of getting a discount when shit breaks and you need to replace parts, meanwhile me with my legion, got 3 years warranty, 1 year ADP on my laptop without any extra charge, and extended ADP for another year by paying 6k and Lenovo replaces almost everything within reason when you claim ADP

thats why I say, Apple care + is a scam lol, I dunno the amount of cope one goes through when paying for Apple Care just for the privilege of getting a discount when shit breaks and you need to replace parts, meanwhile me with my legion, got 3 years warranty, 1 year ADP on my laptop without any extra charge, and extended ADP for another year by paying 6k and Lenovo replaces almost everything within reason when you claim ADP
I agree with you.
Only reason I go for Apple Care + mostly is it adds value when you selling your Apple Product plus for sometime you are just buying some peace of mind for your overpriced product.

quick update, guess what, my laptop was a 4050 with 6gb vram. there are 3 vram chips on the board in the photo given to me. The idiot at the service center compared my board with another board which was fully populated and said a chip was missing on my board. My board never had 4 vram chips. it had 3 vram chips of 2gb each. the replacement board had 4 chips of vram because it was an 8gb gpu.

They simply tried to make me shell out cash for a non existing problem. That slot was always empty.

i did not overclock the gpu, armoury crate has standard, optimised , eco and ultimate modes for the gpu. i changed it from optimised to ultimate and it told me to restart, which i did, after which the display went kaput. i think the nvidia gpu glitched
Do update after telling this to those idiots....did they even checked the part number and if it matched with the one they ordered.

We have no more right to consume happiness without producing it than to consume wealth without producing it. - George Bernard Shaw

Want Apple and Asus to take you seriously? Buy the laptop from an Indian company which treats its customers well. That is the only way Apple and Asus will get the message. Till then 'beggars (= incompetent people who can't make a laptop) shouldn't try to be choosers" will be a good mantra to live by.

Last edited:
My location is from West Bengal, India
The executive care email reached out to me and asked me to wait a week for a resolution

I tried everything i read before i submitted it to the service center, even created a rog forum post. No backlight, no bios, no logo on the display.

they did not give me the new board. they put back my old board in the laptop and told me to take that, no working diplay and all

100% sure they did not check the parts number. They took out the replacement board briefly to show that they had ordered new parts, pointed to the vram chips on that board, then pointed to the empty vram slot on the photo of my old board, said a chip was missing there, case closed for them

view from the ltt forum

Attachments

• IMG_0132.jpeg
    IMG_0132.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 123
The executive care email reached out to me and asked me to wait a week for a resolution

I tried everything i read before i submitted it to the service center, even created a rog forum post. No backlight, no bios, no logo on the display.

they did not give me the new board. they put back my old board in the laptop and told me to take that, no working diplay and all

100% sure they did not check the parts number. They took out the replacement board briefly to show that they had ordered new parts, pointed to the vram chips on that board, then pointed to the empty vram slot on the photo of my old board, said a chip was missing there, case closed for them

view from the ltt forum
Did you not explain the VRAM difference to them? I thought they understood that. If you bought the base model of a car, and you gave it in for an insurance claim, only for it to be rejected because they thought it came with alloy wheels instead of steel rims, would you not question their credentials? These fools deserve to only work in scam call centers. You can teach a monkey to use tools, but not use common sense or critical thinking.

Anyway, make these uneducated idiots suffer.

Last edited:

view from the ltt forum
Good point said by the guy in the screenshot. Guess the technician didn't even bother trying to figure out if a VRAM chip was really taken out vs not placed in the first place. Also when you said graphic chip i assume the graphic die itself not VRAM chip. Because I did see the empty slot where a VRAM was supposed to be but you know why didn't care more? I knew some motherboards leave slots empty if they are in different configuration. Imagine if I (someone who don't even know how to solder) can figure something like that why couldn't the service center technician.

Incompetence at next level.

view from the ltt forum
Are you sure the only difference is the VRAM chip? I haven't seen a 8GB SKU for the RTX 4050 that you have anywhere. May be it is an altogether different board?

the guy specifically mentioned the vram chip only. he compared it to a wrong board altogether, my sku is gu603vu, he must have ordered a gu603vv board
Did you not explain the VRAM difference to them? I thought they understood that. If you bought the base model of a car, and you gave it in for an insurance claim, only for it to be rejected because they thought it came with alloy wheels instead of steel rims, would you not question their credentials? These fools deserve to only work in scam call centers. You can teach a monkey to use tools, but not use common sense or critical thinking.

Anyway, make these uneducated idiots suffer.
they were not in a mood to listen, only wanted me to sign the service form and get out of there

Attachments

• IMG_0125.png
    IMG_0125.png
    210 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
What has happened now. Have u confronted them again with this idiotic work and asked them to order correct part.
Called and mailed asus, a guy from their disputes team called me yesterday to ask about my serial no. etc. i did tell him my doubts about the replacement board being of a different sku altogether, said he would look into it. Today, i was told the matter has been escalated to the technical team and a resolution would be provided to me in 72 hrs.

The service center guys already closed my ticket.

Already talked to my lawyer, if they side with the service center then consumer court time it is.

Attachments

• IMG_0130.png
    IMG_0130.png
    240.1 KB · Views: 66
Called and mailed asus, a guy from their disputes team called me yesterday to ask about my serial no. etc. i did tell him my doubts about the replacement board being of a different sku altogether, said he would look into it. Today, i was told the matter has been escalated to the technical team and a resolution would be provided to me in 72 hrs.

Already talked to my lawyer, if they side with the service center then consumer court time it is.
before lawyer (save fees & wastage of your time etc,.) file complaint with Govt. Online Portal, 99% your issue will be solved max in 10-15 days or early. Just take care to make it clear that your laptop board and image they claim is of your system (both are different).

how he will accept now that a normal user catch his mistake or incompetency and may be he is the owner/manager of that Service Center, need to hide face after such fiasco of his verdict ....

before lawyer (save fees & wastage of your time etc,.) file complaint with Govt. Online Portal, 99% your issue will be solved max in 10-15 days or early. Just take care to make it clear that your laptop board and image they claim is of your system (both are different).

how he will accept now that a normal user catch his mistake or incompetency and may be he is the owner/manager of that Service Center, need to hide face after such fiasco of his verdict ....
the laptop is still with the service center, i did not sign the service form to close the ticket and collect the device

another thing, the device model is only mentioned as gu603 in the service form, they 100% ordered a gu603vv board for my gu603vu laptop

Attachments

• 9d6ef12d-7ee3-446c-a5ee-b41ecbee4399.jpeg
    9d6ef12d-7ee3-446c-a5ee-b41ecbee4399.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 52
Back