Seagate Dockstar Discussion and Tutorial Thread

^^

errr.... Never done it mate*touchwood*.. just telling u what i got from pics.. :S...

its archat that did that. :S

m-jeri said:
cant figure out samba shares and all...

varkey helped a lot.. but its me who got to do stuff.. and i am pretty much attached to GUI's.. :S..so it was a no go.. :S..

will try to do it once again this weekend after this i am selling this out..
If french language is not a problem for you, take a look here

Regards.

I figured it out finally.

i think.

I installed ntfs 3g.mounted to a dir. removed the earlier /etc/fstab and added the new entry.

added the new mount dir to samba share. done :D

I have been thinking of getting a low power download rig for a while , how easy is to support utorrent , whats the power consumption ?

Transmission along with transmission remote is very good. In fact I'm getting better speed with Transmission in the Dockstar than utorrent in my PC with the same torrent and same connection. I dont think there is a Utorrent client for linux with the remote GUI yet.

Total power consumption including the USB HDD should around 10W.

Ok i have a MTNL connection and i'm using D-Link GLB 802C modem it has only one LAN port which connect to my PC then how would i connect the router ?

Guys need your expert opinion. Want to download torrents without using laptop/pc. Currently i have a adsl broadband connection ( mtnl ) and a adsl router. What would be my best option.

1. Buy an adsl wireless router + seagate dockstar ( configure the dockstar to start downloading torrents )
2. Buy an adsl wireless media sharing router ( configure a usb drive/external usb hard disk to enable torrent download )
The no. 2 option is more complex since the router would cause issue with 4gb and above partitions.

For those interested, the dock is again available for Rs 1750 shipped from ICC

As described in the U.S. website below:

Seagate STDSA10G-RK FreeAgent DockStar Network Adapter - The Easy Way to Access and Share Your Digital Content!

Shipped directly from US retailer to you in India!

Total all-inclusive cost of item for delivery to India based on current exchange ****rates will be:

Rs. 1750

Item price, local shipping, taxes: Rs. 1055

International Shipping: Rs. 450

Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 495

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL Rs. 1750

Use the Diwali promo code - SHOPDIWALI2010

Back