Seagate Dockstar Discussion and Tutorial Thread

Hey, It seems My Dockstar has stopped booting into debian. I can only boot into Pogoplug. here is output of fw_printenv

Code:
bootcmd=run bootcmd_usb; usb stop; run bootcmd_pogo; reset

baudrate=115200

arcNumber=2097

mainlineLinux=yes

console=ttyS0,115200

usb_init=usb start

usb_device=0:1

usb_root=/dev/sda1

usb_rootfstype=ext2

usb_rootdelay=10

mtdparts=mtdparts=orion_nand:1M(u-boot),4M(uImage),32M(rootfs),-(data)

mtdids=nand0=orion_nand

partition=nand0,2

bootcmd_pogo=fsload uboot-original-mtd0.kwb; go 0x800200

usb_load_uimage=mw 0x800000 0 1; ext2load usb $usb_device 0x800000 /boot/uImage

usb_boot=if ext2load usb $usb_device 0x1100000 /boot/uInitrd; then bootm 0x800000 0x1100000;else bootm 0x800000;fi;

set_bootargs_usb=setenv bootargs console=$console root=$usb_root rootdelay=$usb_rootdelay rootfstype=$usb_rootfstype $mtdparts

bootcmd_usb=run usb_init; run usb_load_uimage; run set_bootargs_usb; run usb_boot;

led_init=green blinking

led_exit=green off

led_error=orange blinking

stdin=serial

stdout=serial

stderr=serial

ethact=egiga0

ethaddr=00:10:75:1A:90:29

bootdelay=15

serverip=192.168.1.10

ipaddr=192.168.1.6

if_netconsole=ping $serverip

start_netconsole=setenv ncip $serverip; setenv bootdelay 10; setenv stdin nc; setenv stdout nc; setenv stderr nc; version;

preboot=run if_netconsole start_netconsole

Is attaching Serial Cable only way to recover or there is some other way. If I *have* to use the serial cable, then I have already got Nokia CA-42 cable with me. tried attaching it dockstar but didn't get any output on minicom. I tried using netconsole too, but same result. no output at all

Please help recover

Maybe the USB installation got corrupt or something. Try running the installer using a different pendrive?

Btw use a ext3 partition, the filesystem corruption after a power failure was greatly reduced when I moved to ext3 :)

varkey said:
Maybe the USB installation got corrupt or something. Try running the installer using a different pendrive?

Which installer are you referring to?

Btw use a ext3 partition, the filesystem corruption after a power failure was greatly reduced when I moved to ext3 :)

Already using. so its a non-issue

Gaurish said:
I have already got Nokia CA-42 cable with me. tried attaching it dockstar but didn't get any output on minicom. I tried using netconsole too, but same result. no output at all

Please help recover

Try swapping the TX and RX wires of the cable.

Thanks Varkey, I will try...

Regards
Jijo

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hi,
I have a SATA 250GB internal HD and SATA to usb adaptor with me and am planning to connect to Dockstar instead of External HD/Usb.

Have anyone tried the same ?

Regards,
Jijo

dantool said:
can a person like me with absolutely no knowledge of linux accomplish the hacking of dockstar for downloading torrents?
Either you should have some knowledge or you should ready to make some efforts searching for solutions

i have already gone through all the posts of this thread, is there a guide like debian install instructions

for the dummies :p

would be easier to install debian or pogoplus? my main motive is torrent download.

I am using Debian dockstar for 24/7 torrent downloading. I have 320GB external USB hard disk connected, it's two partitions, one for root and another for torrent using ext4, it all working fine without any errors.

partition 1 - / - 10GB

partition 2 - /sg320 - 305GB

partition 3 - /swap - 5GB

When i start downloading, the size of the root file system gets increasing even it's not downloading anything to rootfs. When i checked with find command, it shows /proc/5/root/sg320 having maximum size, where sg320 is the second partition where torrent download saves. After downloading some extent rootfs comes to 100% (du -h) and all the torrent gets paused by transmission says no space left on device.

Is anyone faced same issues, any comments ?

Regards

Jijo

Back