Seagate Dockstar Discussion and Tutorial Thread

Edit:- While updating sources list, i mistyped source URL. Hence it always shows cant find package. Now webmin is up and now added NTFS support by updating ntfs package. I will mount the same through webmin

I have tried to mount the rest 2 NTFS parttion on the same 500GB HDD but i am not able to add through webmin. I tried to add disk and network Filesystems. I added this as /media/sdb1 as this is the same HDD but it shows NTFS signature missing. I see 3 NTFS partition on the disk. I am confused as i think these 3 partition are on my Laptop and not external HDD. I do i mount these 2 NTFS partition as i cant find these.

Also is there any support for transmission through webmin, I am not able to find any option to run transmission through webmin

^ Yes that is exactly why we need Pyload as well -- to download from http links, like Rapidshare, Hotfile, Megaupload etc.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

archat68 said:
Thinking of buying this to control the dockstar (switch on at 2a.m and switch off at 8 a.m) - any suggestion guys?

DealExtreme: $11.38 2.0" LCD Micro-Computer Electric Power Timer Switch Time Controller with Clock (220V)
Did you buy this? I bought a similar one from here. Can set upto 20 On/Off configurations, everyday or weekend or specific day etc. A very good addon for the Dockstar. :p

^ That one looks nice, not exactly plug and play though :p

The buttons and interface seems to be exactly same as the one I got. Did you find it online anywhere? Mine has the UK style plug, so have to use an adapter on both sides! :(

^^Got it from local shop. I paid 650 or 700. How much did you pay?

No, not plug and play. It has connection tags for connecting the input and output - I connected a PC SMPS power cord (stripped at one end) at the input and a small power strip (stripped at the plug end) at the output.

What's the best option to download youtube (flv) on dockstar ?

I use screen + youtube-dl with -a option, where I can save all the link to a .txt file and it will start downloading one by one.

Suggestions appreciated.

@varkey

Seagate GoFlex Net : Serial Connection - VARKEY

will it work for the dockstar

Boot debian from SATA – Seagate GoFlex Net - VARKEY

the 2.6.37.6 is this the latest one and again will it work for the dockstar

presently i have gorgone's kernel with support for Realtek 8818

i want to share my EVDO through WIFI using the realtek chip

How-To Configure Seagate FreeAgent Dockstar as a 3G Gateway - VARKEY

will this work with wifi and what setting to be changed ?

it can act as a AP also

but that was in windows , so how to change the mode in linux of 8818

and i didnt understand this Arch Number business

should i be concerned while updating kernel ?

Back