Shop and Ship is now on Techenclave to assist you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies . Please let us know the tracking number and will check and arrange for delivery asap
mutant said:
+1 to this...
it takes like 2-3 days to reach package from kolkata to my place in kolkata :|

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

thanks!!! will do!! :)
chetansha said:
Great going guys. Just tighten up the delivery at the last leg :)

Hi,
unable to view details in the link.
ViKiD said:
Nope still not replied to. I got the item from I2C, and it was delivered last to last evening.

Regards,
Ambar

This is the mail i sent :

hi,
Unable to view the details in the link
ViKiD said:

My package arrived Mumbai on 2nd. It is still not received by Kolkata office. When I called them they informed me that it is stuck due to problems with sales tax and it will take another 10 days to get delivery of the same.

So, who is responsible for this mess up? Surely not me as I've included the proper invoice with the package. Isn't their duty to declare the items and pay sales tax properly?

How DHL/Fedex never miss a delivery deadline due to any reason? Are they immune to sales tax? Even DTDC prime time plus delivers item within 10 AM next day in metros and 12PM in non-metros if the consignment is booked by 5PM previous day (translates to 17 hour for metro and 19 hour for non-metro)? Even they seems to immune to sales tax and all these stuff!!

The Aramex local management is totally inefficient/inexperienced and under staffed which leads to these type of problems. In a metro like Kolkata you have to see the Aramex office and no. of people working in the office and you'll get the idea for the delay.

Shipment movement upto Mumbai is generally satisfactory. All the problem starts after that point.

So you may be the

the" ELSC product of the year" at the 5th Express , Logistics and Supply chain Conclave 2011.

but surely lacks to provide customer satisfaction upto the last point.

I use and advocate use of SnS over ICCWorld because SnS is very transparent with the papers but considering that both of them charge same (ICC is a bit cheaper for larger consignments), ICC is way faster than SnS.

If I continue to get this type of service from Aramex I may be forced to shift to ICCWorld which I don't want to.

Bombay HUB,India 11/03/2011 06:43 Shipment Forwarded to - Kolkatta Branch,India

Bombay HUB,India 11/02/2011 10:49 Shipment Held in Customs - Awaiting Inspection and Release

Bombay HUB,India 10:21 Shipment Held in Customs - Awaiting Inspection and Release

Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates 00:39 Shipment Forwarded to - Bombay,India

Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates 11/01/2011 16:44 Shipment Received at Operations Facility

Network Update 03:30 Shop&Ship Update - Shipment is delayed due Offloading/Cancelation.Estimated to arrive in Dubai Hub 1st of November.

New York Office,United States 10/27/2011 19:04 Shipment Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates

New York Office,United States 18:20 Shipment Record Created

New York Office,United States 18:20 Shipment Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates

HI ,
Firstly apologies for the delay. But as per our discussion, and the team in kolkata the Sale tax Mobile team intercept the vehicle heading to our office & detained all the Non Doccument shipments.

Now will clear after completing all of their formalities ( physical checking , valuation , penalty deposit ) which will take some time.

The above rule is applicable for every transporter and if their vehicle also gets inspected by sale tax mobile team , the same would be the case with them , be it DHL or DTDC. this is a Legal and process and beyond our control
Regards
archat68 said:
My package arrived Mumbai on 2nd. It is still not received by Kolkata office. When I called them they informed me that it is stuck due to problems with sales tax and it will take another 10 days to get delivery of the same.

So, who is responsible for this mess up? Surely not me as I've included the proper invoice with the package. Isn't their duty to declare the items and pay sales tax properly?
How DHL/Fedex never miss a delivery deadline due to any reason? Are they immune to sales tax? Even DTDC prime time plus delivers item within 10 AM next day in metros and 12PM in non-metros if the consignment is booked by 5PM previous day (translates to 17 hour for metro and 19 hour for non-metro)? Even they seems to immune to sales tax and all these stuff!!
The Aramex local management is totally inefficient/inexperienced and under staffed which leads to these type of problems. In a metro like Kolkata you have to see the Aramex office and no. of people working in the office and you'll get the idea for the delay.
Shipment movement upto Mumbai is generally satisfactory. All the problem starts after that point.

So you may be the
but surely lacks to provide customer satisfaction upto the last point.
I use and advocate use of SnS over ICCWorld because SnS is very transparent with the papers but considering that both of them charge same (ICC is a bit cheaper for larger consignments), ICC is way faster than SnS.

If I continue to get this type of service from Aramex I may be forced to shift to ICCWorld which I don't want to.

Which means the necessary documentation was not there with the consignments. No govt agency can penalize you if you have the required documents.

shopnshipindia said:
HI ,

Firstly apologies for the delay. But as per our discussion, and the team in kolkata the Sale tax Mobile team intercept the vehicle heading to our office & detained all the Non Doccument shipments.

Now will clear after completing all of their formalities ( physical checking , valuation , penalty deposit ) which will take some time.

The above rule is applicable for every transporter and if their vehicle also gets inspected by sale tax mobile team , the same would be the case with them , be it DHL or DTDC. this is a Legal and process and beyond our control

Regards

This is the latest reply I received from SnS:

Physical is going on today. After this valuation will be done & then on their basis , we’ll deposit the penalty amount. As tomorrow Sale tax office is closed due to holiday , we’ll try to get the valuation done by Friday or Monday.

Which translates to delivery anywhere between 15th or 16th for a shipment which reached Kolkata on 3rd.

WTH !!!

I purchased an item and it is shipped to your facility by fedex. The fed ex tracking shows the weight as 3.4 pounds (http://www.fedex.com/Tracking) number:920335461016624. This is received by the facility today and your tracking shows it as 5.9 pounds (shipment num 9071743170).

I really wonder how does the package gain such huge weight at your facility?

thats due to volumetric shipment weight,its something you cant avoid.

depends on company to company how they calculate.

you can ask for re weighing for shipment.

I`ve lost my tether with SnS. A couple of my items has been lying at their chennai office for the past three days. I`ve asked Karan 2-3 times to get the item delivered. I`ve even called their ops guys in Chennai. I`m sick of all this calling, cajoling. Should i have to bribe these guys to get the item delivered promptly?

josejeya26 said:
I`ve lost my tether with SnS. A couple of my items has been lying at their chennai office for the past three days. I`ve asked Karan 2-3 times to get the item delivered. I`ve even called their ops guys in Chennai. I`m sick of all this calling, cajoling. Should i have to bribe these guys to get the item delivered promptly?

3 days is nothing.
My package is with them for the last 7 days.
They even sent it to delhi whereas I am in Mysore. I paid the charges about 3 days back and even then it shows on hold.
I have contacted all the people but to no avail.
Anuradha sends a mail daily to her folks to get my package delivered and it's the same story everyday.
I think SNS is losing it, and it's about time we move on to other services.

If it makes you feel any better, here is mine
Shipment History
Location Date Activity
Bangalore,India 11/10/2011 13:00 Shipment on Hold
Bangalore,India 11/08/2011 16:00 Shipment on Hold
Bangalore,India 10:00 Shipment Received at Operations Facility
Delhi Hub,India 06:38 Shipment Forwarded to - Banglore City-Main office,India
Delhi Hub,India 11/06/2011 13:00 Shipment Delay - Unable to Deliver
Bombay HUB,India 06:20 Shipment Forwarded to - Delhi Hub,India
Bombay,India 11/04/2011 23:56 Shipment on Hold
Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates 11/03/2011 18:56 Shipment Forwarded to - Bombay,India
Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates 11/01/2011 16:44 Shipment Received at Operations Facility
Network Update 03:30 Shop&Ship Update - Shipment is delayed due Offloading/Cancelation.Estimated to arrive in Dubai Hub 1st of November.
New York Office,United States 10/27/2011 19:04 Shipment Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates
New York Office,United States 18:20 Shipment Record Created
New York Office,United States 18:20 Shipment Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates

Mine is shipped on 26th from NY, still lying with Kolkata sales tax and they are telling it will take another 7 days :mad: .

Just imagine :-[

I just don't know what problem can not be sorted out in 7 days (the package reached Kolkata on 3rd).

Hi SnS,

This is going to be my first shipment after having created an account.

I'll give the shipping address to the ebay seller as the address that's given by you.

Anything else required?

Any pointers I should keep in mind to get the package delivered promptly and without any hassles..Please assist me as this would be my first shopping experience with SnS and I hope it would be great :)

^ Also remember to send across a copyof the invoice to them once the item is received in your Aramex account (you will get an email when it is received at US), so that you are charged customs appropriately.

HI Arup,
As we said these are one of a case senario. Ideally the form 50 has to be provided by the consignee. We are bearing the penalty and charges on your behalf and not passing it on to you.
archat68 said:
Which means the necessary documentation was not there with the consignments. No govt agency can penalize you if you have the required documents.

We are sure you will like our servce. email us the supplier' tracking number and the invoice to india@shopandship.com before the shipment reaches India.
akj_1989 said:
Hi SnS,

This is going to be my first shipment after having created an account.
I'll give the shipping address to the ebay seller as the address that's given by you.
Anything else required?
Any pointers I should keep in mind to get the package delivered promptly and without any hassles..Please assist me as this would be my first shopping experience with SnS and I hope it would be great :)

please send us a reweigh request to india@shopandship.com. In case there is a difference, will get get it appropriately charged
thenvk said:
I purchased an item and it is shipped to your facility by fedex. The fed ex tracking shows the weight as 3.4 pounds (http://www.fedex.com/Tracking) number:920335461016624. This is received by the facility today and your tracking shows it as 5.9 pounds (shipment num 9071743170).

I really wonder how does the package gain such huge weight at your facility?

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
alekhkhanna said:
Got my parcel today. No customs and 4th day delivery. Touchwood, SnS has been a heaven for me till now !

Hi apologies. will check and get these delivered. apologies
josejeya26 said:

HI,
Just chcked hope you got 2 of the shipments, the 3rd on was received on 8th and is reached mumbai, will be forwarded to Chennai.
josejeya26 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back