Shop and Ship is now on Techenclave to assist you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys ask your seller to insure the item and ship with signature confirmation? All my items are shipped only with delivery confirmation to SnS. There was a guy earlier in this thread saying that SnS lost his item, even though tracking information showed the item was delivered. I believe he was compensated by SnS for the value of the item to the tune of $75. But what happens, if the item was worth $600 and they offer a paltry $100 as compensation. Has anyone had similar problems?

Recently SnS started a new creating a new pain.

They started declaring packages containing mobile as "Cables/Cable Accessories/Wires/Connectors". I already suffered once and had to pay 27% duty for a 29$ phone (for which I had send the invoice as soon as it reached NY). As a result I was charged Rs 318 as duty instead of 80 Rs. They are still not able resolve the problem despite several mails. For two days they were even unable to understand the problem. Then they can't get the bill of entry copy. Finally I scanned and emailed them the bill of entry copy. But it is still unsolved.

This happened today again with a consignment of value $156. They described a mobile phone as Cables/Cable Accessories/Wires/Connectors. I immediately mailed them the following along with the invoice:

Please find the attached invoice.

Please note that this is a Mobile phone NOT “cables/connector/wires†as described by your people at NY office.

Please correct this immediately. If it is declared as the “cable/connector/wire†and charged 27% duty – I’m not going to pay the duty. I’ll only pay 2.3% as applicable for mobile phones.

I’ve already suffered once for fault of your people. Please see that it doesn’t repeat.

Again take immediate action and correct the problem before the shipment leaves USA.

This is in addition to one of my shipment still held at Kolkata Sales Tax for more than one month (shipped on 26.10 from NY, and reached Kolkata on 3.11 )

So if this is not corrected and I have to follow up and take pain for correcting description, duty etc. this will be my last shipment through SnS.

It was my suggestion to Anuradha to get here registered. I have recommended their service in many threads and many forums when very few people even heard of them.

But this too much of pain and this kind of "errors" is just not tolerable from a "MNC" (???).

So, I think it's high time I move to ICC or similar companies.

So,
@SnS
Get your acts together and solve the problems professionally instead of doing amateurish things.

A heads up to all of you guys using SnS.

Can someone please help me regarding how much time does it take for their database to get updated after the package has reached their NY office.

My package is showing delivered on 30/11/11 at 9:58 AM NY Time but I haven't received any mail from ARAMEX confirming the package till 1/12/11 19:17 NY Time.

I am worried whether my package has safely reached to my Account or not?

Bhutoria_1989 said:
Can someone please help me regarding how much time does it take for their database to get updated after the package has reached their NY office.

My package is showing delivered on 30/11/11 at 9:58 AM NY Time but I haven't received any mail from ARAMEX confirming the package till 1/12/11 19:17 NY Time.

I am worried whether my package has safely reached to my Account or not?

Call their NY office during working hours. My package took about 2 days to be updated in their system. 718-553-8740

^ Tried just now but their office timings are over. Will try tomorrow.

honest1 said:
Its almost instant. Tou should check your spam and if its not there, check your account on sns.

I checked my SPAM as well as SNS A/c buT didn't find any updates.

^ Just mailed Karan and Anuradha, let's see what they have to say. Hope everything is fine.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Received email from Karan, he gave me the shipment number and informed me that the product will be shipped today and I will get an email for the same... Yippeee

Bhutoria_1989 said:
^ Just mailed Karan and Anuradha, let's see what they have to say. Hope everything is fine.

Received email from Karan, he gave me the shipment number and informed me that the product will be shipped today and I will get an email for the same... Yippeee

Congratulations :)

shopnshipindia said:
:eek:hyeah: !!! let us know your experience too when the package arrives:)

Surely will do but first let them dispatch the package from the NY office.

But thanks for helping me out :)

Guys, does it matter what they have disclosed in the description. As the description of my package is incorrect. It is a MOBILE PHONE but they have disclosed it as Decoration. I have informed Karan as well as created a request on SNS but now it has been dispatched.

@SNS My shipment no. is 9086216042 , Please correct the description as I won't be able to bear Extra Duty Burden.

^^Yes it matters. Mainly duty is charged based on the declaration. See my post no 723 above. I faced a similar problem and had to pay extra duty for which I'm still fighting to get it refunded.

Hey Archat, i have informed SNS and they replied me that it will be taken care by the Clearance Department. They also told I will not be liable to pay extra duty :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back