Shop and Ship is now on Techenclave to assist you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My shipment weight is 0.8lbs (< 0.5kg) as shown by the SnS site. But I am being charged 11.8$ instead of 10$ as shown by the shipping price calculator? why am I being charged higher?

^ Service Tax

They convert the $10 to INR first, apply the Service Tax and then convert to USD again if you make the payment online which is why there is a slight difference.

When I got the package today I was informed that the customs amount to be paid. But I didn't get any receipt for the same paid towards customs office? Is that how it works?

buBleZ said:
When I got the package today I was informed that the customs amount to be paid. But I didn't get any receipt for the same paid towards customs office? Is that how it works?

You can check the amount for yourself in the delivery sheet that you sign on. There, at the bottom middle of the row you are signing on, in a black box, there are two costs mentioned - the first one is the shipping, and the second one is customs.

In addition, if you need the customs receipt of any of your consignment, you can always drop a mail to Anuradha or Karan with the Aramex consignment number, and they will send across a soft copy to you

Hey,
I have three questions

* Shipment Weight is 3lbs according to UPS, but on amarex us people wrote weight as 3.86lbs. why you have giving wrong weight?

* Can you tell me when will I get my package? Can I make sure I get package at specific time, so I am home to receive it?

* Also, I need Custom Receipt for it.

Shipment Number: 9086231523
PS: I have already emailed you guys twice & got no satisfactory response :p

^^ Your shipment shows it is waiting at customs today. You should atleast give a day to SnS to clear it out of customs.

I might have a few phones coming from the US which haven't been purchased but rather traded and so there is no invoice regarding the value of the products. How will the customs be charged in a scenario like this when no proof of purchase can be shown.

I won't mind paying a little higher amount as customs duty( not astronomically higher).

Please advise.

Sent from a Galaxy in the S2 system

I remember from a recent notification that Aramex will no longer be able to clear items without an invoice. You might want to get some sort of purchase invoice put in, else they would evaluate it at their own 'fair price', which is usually pretty high. For instance, one of my Focus was evaluated at 25K - when it doesn't sell that price for anywhere in the world

I got charged 37% customs on a Bluetooth headset although the max duty they can charge is 26% ... had already mailed the invoice to karan and he just mailed back the customs charges :mad: ... it will be out for delivery tomorrow . now what am I supposed to do ?? should I wait to pay till this gets sorted out or will they refund later ?

HI,
please let us know the tracking number for the shipment, will check and advise the reason for the duty.
Regards
akhurana said:
I got charged 37% customs on a Bluetooth headset although the max duty they can charge is 26% ... had already mailed the invoice to karan and he just mailed back the customs charges :mad: ... it will be out for delivery tomorrow . now what am I supposed to do ?? should I wait to pay till this gets sorted out or will they refund later ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

HI,
the duty is 26.8% on the customs assessed value. Will try for a duty free clearance.
JuGGa said:
How much charge for this? Amazon.com: MOTOROLA OEM BQ50 Battery: Electronics

I guess this item "must" escape from duties :eek:hyeah:

HI Arup,
I understand you concern. But as you know and everyone knows, We have adjusted the duty over charge for you and in case there was any duty over charge we have always done the sa,e for you. let me know if you agree on this. Yes, The sales tax one is pending. We agree. Due to various issues in Kolkata. yes. Errorrs do haapen. But we always rectify the same.we are transparent and genuine in our acts. And we actually help you with a adjustments in your shipments.You are a very special client to us. It would be a pleasure to serve you with all your needs.We are sure, your queries never go unattended.
Regards
archat68 said:
Recently SnS started a new creating a new pain.

They started declaring packages containing mobile as "Cables/Cable Accessories/Wires/Connectors". I already suffered once and had to pay 27% duty for a 29$ phone (for which I had send the invoice as soon as it reached NY). As a result I was charged Rs 318 as duty instead of 80 Rs. They are still not able resolve the problem despite several mails. For two days they were even unable to understand the problem. Then they can't get the bill of entry copy. Finally I scanned and emailed them the bill of entry copy. But it is still unsolved.

This happened today again with a consignment of value $156. They described a mobile phone as Cables/Cable Accessories/Wires/Connectors. I immediately mailed them the following along with the invoice:

This is in addition to one of my shipment still held at Kolkata Sales Tax for more than one month (shipped on 26.10 from NY, and reached Kolkata on 3.11 )

So if this is not corrected and I have to follow up and take pain for correcting description, duty etc. this will be my last shipment through SnS.

It was my suggestion to Anuradha to get here registered. I have recommended their service in many threads and many forums when very few people even heard of them.

But this too much of pain and this kind of "errors" is just not tolerable from a "MNC" (???).

So, I think it's high time I move to ICC or similar companies.

So,
@SnS
Get your acts together and solve the problems professionally instead of doing amateurish things.

A heads up to all of you guys using SnS.

Also,
Please do let us know the tracking number of the other shipment with a wrong description, we have the duty adjusted.
shopnshipindia said:
HI,
please let us know the tracking number for the shipment, will check and advise the reason for the duty.
Regards

HI,
the duty is 26.8% on the customs assessed value. Will try for a duty free clearance.

HI Arup,
I understand you concern. But as you know and everyone knows, We have adjusted the duty over charge for you and in case there was any duty over charge we have always done the sa,e for you. let me know if you agree on this. Yes, The sales tax one is pending. We agree. Due to various issues in Kolkata. yes. Errorrs do haapen. But we always rectify the same.we are transparent and genuine in our acts. And we actually help you with a adjustments in your shipments.You are a very special client to us. It would be a pleasure to serve you with all your needs.We are sure, your queries never go unattended.
Regards

Hi,
Duty will be approx 6277 INR and shipping charghe will be 10 USd for the 1st 500 gms+ 8 USd for every additional 500 gms+ 10.3 % service tax.
surenther.ss said:

HI,
Dont worry. It takes 24 working hours. Let us know if you still have queries.
Bhutoria_1989 said:
Can someone please help me regarding how much time does it take for their database to get updated after the package has reached their NY office.
My package is showing delivered on 30/11/11 at 9:58 AM NY Time but I haven't received any mail from ARAMEX confirming the package till 1/12/11 19:17 NY Time.
I am worried whether my package has safely reached to my Account or not?

Hi duty will be approx 852 INR and shipping charges are 10 USd or the 1st 500 gms and 8 USd for every additonal 500 gms+10.3 % service tax
ayaskant12 said:

1) duty will be approx 2334 INR and the shipping charges are 10 USd for the 1st 500 gms+8 USd for every additional 500 gms+10.3 % service tax on shipping.
2)duty approx: 2558 INR and shipping charges as above
girish925 said:

HI arup. this will; be adjusted as promised.
archat68 said:
^^Yes it matters. Mainly duty is charged based on the declaration. See my post no 723 above. I faced a similar problem and had to pay extra duty for which I'm still fighting to get it refunded.

Hi,
11.8 USd includes the service tax of 10.3 %
buBleZ said:
My shipment weight is 0.8lbs (< 0.5kg) as shown by the SnS site. But I am being charged 11.8$ instead of 10$ as shown by the shipping price calculator? why am I being charged higher?

HI,
email us the tracking number, and we shall send you the same over email too. apologies for the inconvenience.
buBleZ said:

1)duty approx: 6650 and shipping charges are 10 USD for the 1st 500 gms+8 USD for every additional 500 gms+10.3 % service tax
2)duty approx6500 INR and shipping charges as above
janes said:

HI gaurish,
At time a few grams of difference does happen due to different weighing scales. All shipments are eletronicaly weighed in aramex. In case you have an issue with weight, please send a reweigh request to india@shopandship.com before the shipment reaches India.PLease send us an email for the duty receipt to india@shopandhsip.com.It will be ideally delivered by saturday
Gaurish said:
Hey,
I have three questions

* Shipment Weight is 3lbs according to UPS, but on amarex us people wrote weight as 3.86lbs. why you have giving wrong weight?

* Can you tell me when will I get my package? Can I make sure I get package at specific time, so I am home to receive it?

* Also, I need Custom Receipt for it.

Shipment Number: 9086231523
PS: I have already emailed you guys twice & got no satisfactory response :p

shopnshipindia said:
HI Arup,
Also,
Please do let us know the tracking number of the other shipment with a wrong description, we have the duty adjusted.

Yes you do and you have adjusted the the duty of the consignment with 29$ value but that took about 7 days of follow up. I've already mailed you regarding the other shipment. The Sales Tax one also got delivered yesterday (after 40 days). But the problem is delay and I'm fed up with the followup that I have to make almost for every shipments.

I always recommended SnS for the transparency of your service and the excellent support provided by you. But it seems that everything except you is out of order within Aramex :( .

Just an example , Mr. Karan Asrani on 2.12.11 emailed the CCU operations and CCU executives regarding the duty adjustment of one of my consignments. But CCU team didn't go through the email and demanded full duty from me. I called up Mr. Bijay Pandey and he can't even find the mail on their computer. After guiding them over phone for 10 minutes (spelling out the sender's name, sent date, time, subject etc) they found the mail. Hopefully I had a printout of the mail with me which I attached with the CN. But who has this much of time now-a-days and is it my duty to correct fault of Aramex?

I'm paying for a service and I want best of it. Nothing more. As simple as that.

Regarding speed I recently got two shipments though ICCWorld PPO service. Delivered to me within 5 days flat from NY. They are cheaper too. 10$ for first 500GM and 6$ for subsequent 500Gm. They have special rates for heavy consignments also :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back