Shop and Ship is now on Techenclave to assist you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@all, the Shopnship rep is having trouble logging into TE after the forum software upgrade. I have asked @Renegade to reset their password. Meanwhile Anuradha asked me to pass on this update.

we have got an update from our HO , that Due to high back log in US and UK, there will be delays in update. Hence the delay. This will be sorted asap
This is a problem faced world wide in SNS

Last edited by a moderator:
I orderd a 10$ Watch from Ebay and had it shipped to my S&S Account.

Today I got an unexpected email from S&S

Please find the duty charges mentioned below & confirm the acceptance of charges to proceed with clearance…

FAIR VALUE –11500 /-
+
Duty –3318 /-
+
BROKER FEES-100/-

:rofl:

Can someone please tell me what do I do about this??

I orderd a 10$ Watch from Ebay and had it shipped to my S&S Account.

Today I got an unexpected email from S&S

Please find the duty charges mentioned below & confirm the acceptance of charges to proceed with clearance…

FAIR VALUE –11500 /-
+
Duty –3318 /-
+
BROKER FEES-100/-

:rofl:

Can someone please tell me what do I do about this??

Fair Value of 11500 Rupees ??? That is 200+ $ :O
Can you link the watch here (if you don't mind that is) ? I want to see what watch it is and what made SNS think it costs 11500 Rupees.

900 rs custom for a package worth 290$
You send them invoice or you dont send it works on custom officer mood and aramex
Something fishy with shop and ship or custom
This is not happening with me but a lot of members here

Fair Value of 11500 Rupees ??? That is 200+ $ :O
Can you link the watch here (if you don't mind that is) ? I want to see what watch it is and what made SNS think it costs 11500 Rupees.

Its not SNS its the Custom officer's who are doing all this.

Ok But still would like to see the watch listing from ebay.

900 rs custom for a package worth 290$
You send them invoice or you dont send it works on custom officer mood and aramex
Something fishy with shop and ship or custom
This is not happening with me but a lot of members here

I know mate wanted to say 3318 duty charges for a watch worth Rs.550 :D

Well, the strange thing is that even before the watch reached S&S NY I had emailed Karan about the cost of the watch and send them a link to the ebay page.
I also gave them my payment proof for the same showing the value of the watch.. Which was under 10$!

Geneva Silicone Crystal Quartz Ladies Women Jelly Wrist Watch Versicolor M598 | eBay
Watch was similar to this but costs 10$.

This is not strictly related to SnS but to their main company Aramex Couriers.

Anybody facing unexplained delays in domestic delivery by Aramex couriers recently?

I've ordered an item paying extra charges for OverNight Parcel delivery. The seller shipped the item immediately as promised but its now 2 working days since the item has reached the Bangalore office of Aramex but not delivered yet to a location which is well within city limits. As usual, the customer service team is very adept at making false promises of immediate delivery which never really works.

PATHETIC SERVICE --BEWARE!!!

All this is going on deaf ears
Members have lost packages wirth 30k and they have no explanation with what s going on
It all depends upon custom mood what value the declare invoice is like a rotten paper with no value
I guess the custom wants to ban the the large amount of used mobile imported to india via SNS
This is the coz they are declaring product values on indian MRP

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

any update bro

Seeing all this i guess it is time to move to some other service like shopyourworld or ebay global easy buy where you are assured of what you are going to pay beforehand even if it may be bit pricier than SNS charges.
10$ watch assessed at 11.5k is ridiculous. I know SNS might not be at fault here but this business model is something which can throw unwanted surprises.

I have ordered stuff worth $110(approx 6k INR) and its supposed to be delivered on Saturday to SNS address in USA, should I be worried...???

Thankfully, they seem to be back to the good old ways. My latest 2 shipments were charged duty according to the eBay invoices i provided. Plus speedy shipping and regular updates.
However i am yet to hear anything about my package that was delivered to their NY address on the 28th April. I don't know what to do. I think it is time i should ask them to give me compensation amounting to the value of the package.
There hasn't been any updates from their side apart from Ms. Anuradha telling me that she is looking low and high for my package.

ok it seems there was a glitch and now every thing is back to normal

My package reached their US Facility on 08/ June /2012 @ 15:20
Record was created on 09/June/2012 @ 16:00
Dispatched on 09/June /2012 @ 17:57

One day delay for processing and forwarding is ok as per my standards.

Now lets watch out for the "duty".. fingers crossed
BTW I have ordered a FAN controller and two FANs amounting to $105 so any idea roughly how much the duty should be???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back