Shop and Ship is now on Techenclave to assist you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in buying Dell AY410 2.1ch speaker set. Found no resource selling it in India. Is it possible to get one from outside India? If so how much will the same cost? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

hm.. one more case of customs wrong evaluation and more duty :( Not sure whether SnS staffs laziness not being submitting the original invoice provided by US. In my case, invoice provided to them when the shipment reached NY facility as like all my previous shipments...

Time for knocking ICC's door :) @varkey any help

Last edited by a moderator:
kind of bad news :( my package reached NY on 21st and same day it got updated on their system... last few shipments were updated on the same day and forwarded same day to DXB. But this particular package has no sign of moving from NY. After sending repeated mails, Anuradha replied back saying, it will get forwarded today(24th) as this was already assigned to flight. But there is no change in the status still and What made me worry lot is, they forwarded the package which received on yesterday(24th) on the same day to DXB.

Anyone experienced like this situation or my package got lost there? :(
@rdst_1 you had some experience like this right?

kind of bad news :( my package reached NY on 21st and same day it got updated on their system... last few shipments were updated on the same day and forwarded same day to DXB. But this particular package has no sign of moving from NY. After sending repeated mails, Anuradha replied back saying, it will get forwarded today(24th) as this was already assigned to flight. But there is no change in the status still and What made me worry lot is, they forwarded the package which received on yesterday(24th) on the same day to DXB.

Sorry cant help with your issue bro. Who's Anuradha? Would she be able to help in activating my account? They took my money and aren't activating my account, responding to emails or messages.

Had ordered a S2 and ssd and my package lying in Delhi from 25 Sept . Worst service from SNS and i think they cannot manage their operations now with addred subscriber base . Very disappointed and that my experience from last 4 transaction with them . ishopinternation has improved leaps and bound with the best shipping charges . I have completely shifted to ishop due to these issues and mismanagement from SNS .

@rdst_1 you had some experience like this right?

Sorry for the late reply.

Twice they have now lost my packages completely, i.e. no update on account whatsoever.
Also have experienced issues like yours where some packages which are shipped late arrive before other packages while some packages just take their own sweet time coming from Dubai to Bombay.
Last week one of my packages was sitting in Delhi for full 5 days. When i called them they said the package was torn and i need to verify the contents before they can send it over to me.
I mean WTF, if they needed verification couldnt they have called on the first day itself.
However both Anuradha and Hassan are quick to redress any of my complaints. Once a seller mentioned the account no wrong and Hassan managed to find my package and retrieve it from the person who had received it accidentally.
So all in all it has been a sweet and sour experience for me, but thankfully i have never lost any money.

@rdst_1 thanks for your reply... Finally i got my package. But it was never updated in SnS tracking, but was updated in main aramex tracking system, that too after it reached dubai. Luckily got the package without any damages. Any idea, what will happen if the lose the package while its in their possession? Will they reimburse complete money?
@kuduku, @varkey is the ishop transparent enough like SnS? i assume you are referring ppobox service? can you please tell the complete process involved with that?

@smnrock - ICC aka PPO Box is not as transparent as SnS when it comes to customs duty, they clear it in bulk and you will not receive an individual bill of entry or customs receipt. But the service is really fast, and the package reaches Mumbai on the 3rd day of being delivered in NY after which its shipped by BlueDart.

The process is similar to SnS,

1. Give the PPO Box shipping address
2. Update the item details and tracking number on PPO Box website
3. You will receive notification once its shipped from NY
4. Once the package reaches Mumbai, they will send you the total receipt which has to be paid after which the package will be shipped from Mumbai.

@smnrock ppobox is little expensive then SNS . SNS is the most transparent with providing a copy of receipt of duty paid and generally they are able to manage with very less duty . Their duty is always less than ishop and PPObox . I only use it for its transparency . But there has problem has been staff . If Anuradha and Hasan are out then you are stuck . It seems they are the only 2 people running this . I have also been facing issues about delay in shipment in SNS .
If you compare
If you want a duty paid / duty free quote and buying is being done by the comapny then ishop is the cheapest in quotes and shipping .
If you want to use only shipping then SNS cheapest but be ready for delays . Then is ppobox , very fast delivery , huge teamand backup and Sanjay of ICC/shopabroadonline leading it . For example if i order same thing with SNS and ppobox then
SNS = 700/750 INR
PPObox = 900/950 INR for shipping @varkey what do you say . You had used SNS or shopabroadonline for Seagate

^

I find the rates almost on par, in fact PPO Box is a bit cheaper as they charge only 6 USD for each additional 0.5kg whereas SnS charges 8 USD.

I mainly use their ShopAbroad service and the shipping charges are almost 40% less than SnS.

1st lb - 9 USD
2nd lb - 3.5 USD
each additional lb - 4.5 USD

even though they say its per lb, they consider it as 0.5kg itself.

For instance, I got a 2.4kg package through ShopAbroad and the shipping cost was only 1.5k whereas it would have come to 2.6k through SnS.

^ They are different branches of the same company. ShopAbroad or iShopInternational will handle the entire process, ie they will purchase the item on your behalf and deliver it in India. You can pay in INR.

PPO Box only handles the US --> India shipping, you need to purchase the item yourself.

I prefer ShopAbroad for non-auction items as the shipping rates as I mentioned above is much much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back