Shop and Ship is now on Techenclave to assist you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with that!?

Clearance processing means paperwork, now waiting for physical inspection. It won't be shipped to you anytime soon.. Maybe tonight or tomorrow..

Any idea on how long it usually takes for the customs inspection to occur ?
The package is still sitting in customs 36 hours after it arrived...atleast with Aramex it took a long time to get to India...but once it was in India,it was delivered to me the next day.

It depends on whether the custom officials are interested in inspecting your package or not.
I had imported 3 iPhone 5s when they launched in US. They shipped out on Friday/Saturday and arrived in India by Sunday night. What followed was a harrowing experience. SNS lists $2500 as the upper ceiling of the value of products allowed in one package. But the DHL officials told me the limit was 1L and since my package's value was more than that, they made me fill out many forms and declarations. It took them 9 days and I got my phones next Tuesday. I had paid for super fast shipping($200+) but according to them that only guarantees the shipping time and not clearance delays which I think is BS. If they are charging so much (more than double their normal service) they should also expedite the clearance proceedings, but my complaints/suggestions fell to deaf ears. It was the last time I shipped with DHL.
Prateeks has had good experience with DHL Bombay but DHL Delhi have been a nightmare for me every single time.

^ Which service would you recommend ?
I chose HSG because of the paypal protection, and insured "express" shipping...had I known it would be like this...I would have opted for regular shipping.
How is SNS ? (Do they also clear the customs after reaching like HSG or do they pre-calculate - like Amazon and PPOBox)
Does SNS have Express shipping option (3-5 business days) like HSG ?

Have heard a couple of good things about PPOBox (ICCWorld), but my biggest fear of using them is that there is no fallback - like paypal claim in case of HSG, and also no shipping insurance.

It depends on whether the custom officials are interested in inspecting your package or not.
I had imported 3 iPhone 5s when they launched in US. They shipped out on Friday/Saturday and arrived in India by Sunday night. What followed was a harrowing experience. SNS lists $2500 as the upper ceiling of the value of products allowed in one package. But the DHL officials told me the limit was 1L and since my package's value was more than that, they made me fill out many forms and declarations. It took them 9 days and I got my phones next Tuesday. I had paid for super fast shipping($200+) but according to them that only guarantees the shipping time and not clearance delays which I think is BS. If they are charging so much (more than double their normal service) they should also expedite the clearance proceedings, but my complaints/suggestions fell to deaf ears. It was the last time I shipped with DHL.
Prateeks has had good experience with DHL Bombay but DHL Delhi have been a nightmare for me every single time.

The problem is with Delhi customs... Be it DHL or FedEx... I dont know what their problem is.. All the time I hear things about them harassing people.

All my hopshopgo packages have come either via Mumbai or via bangalore. All bangalore items underwent physical inspection.. Never overcharged in duty.. Mumbai items didn't undergo physical inspection.. Never overcharged duty.. Only regret is octroi in Mumbai..

Normally clearance for me has taken 3-7 hours at max.

Once it had taken about 24-48 hours.. Due to unavailability of clearance officers.. For some reason..

Just got to know that the shipment is held in customs because, the seller did not ship an invoice with it.
Planning to pdf the paypal transaction as proof of value.

@prateekS - any way of customizing the shipment's arrival in HGS ? like asking send it via mumbai, bangalore etc.
How as your experience been with other package forwarders ?

Ppobox was never a problem.. Except until recently there have been problems.. Mostly use hsg.. And no DHL /Fedex will route it through the international airport closest to you.

Similar experience with DHL Chennai. They`re horrible with Non-account customers. I had to wait for nearly ten days for them to clear four Nexus 4`s last year. Paid nearly 12% in customs. DHL Mumbai and Bangalore seems to be OK.

Anyone imported nexus 7 through SnS or any other services ? What were the charges shipping+customs? Is it cheaper through Amazon Global ?

If Amazon Global is available...choose that option without thinking twice..No hassle...you may even get your import deposit back.

Where you will find the new bad esn phone. AFAIK bad esn means when the subscriber fails to pay the bill then company block his phone services and put his mobile phone on bad esn.
I think old mobile phones are not allowed to import but nobody follows this rule.

Is it allowed to import New - BAD ESN Phone?

Where you will find the new bad esn phone. AFAIK bad esn means when the subscriber fails to pay the bill then company block his phone services and put his mobile phone on bad esn.
I think old mobile phones are not allowed to import but nobody follows this rule.

eBay.com

Was anyone`s shipment not delivered yesterday by USPS? Tracking shows "Business closed / Notice left"
I thought SnS was open on Saturdays!

Your Item Status:
We attempted to deliver your item at 2:47 pm on March 15, 2014 in SPRINGFIELD GARDENS, NY 11413 and a notice was left because the business was closed. You may arrange redelivery by visiting http://www.usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

- Sorting Complete, March 15, 2014, 9:28 am, SPRINGFIELD GARDENS, NY 11413
- Arrival at Post Office, March 15, 2014, 7:56 am, SPRINGFIELD GARDENS, NY 11413
- Depart USPS Sort Facility, March 15, 2014, BETHPAGE, NY 11714
- Processed through USPS Sort Facility, March 14, 2014, 4:14 pm, BETHPAGE, NY 11714
- Depart USPS Sort Facility, March 14, 2014, ALLEN PARK, MI 48101
- Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility, March 13, 2014, 7:43 pm, ALLEN PARK, MI 48101
- Acceptance, March 13, 2014, 1:58 pm, TOLEDO, OH 43614
- Electronic Shipping Info Received, March 13, 2014

Something wrong with their system as well. Shipment history is not updated on SNS portal. My package delivered last week. Only today morning it shows it is at dubai exchange.

can anyone tell me, can we pay custom duty and shipping fee online in shopnship ??

Do they accept Indian issued debit card of HDFC, ICICI, IDBI ???

Do they still offer COD as payment form ?

Is anyone having problems with SnS? They have been horrible of late. Packages are not being update on their system even after 2-3 days. Shipments lying in New York even after one week.

Is anyone having problems with SnS? They have been horrible of late. Packages are not being update on their system even after 2-3 days. Shipments lying in New York even after one week.

To be short and precise-They have reached their lowest level and have started digging now.

-Phones reach NY office and may take days to get updated.
-No parcel amongst last 20 delivered to me less than 10 days.
-Duty is absolutely ridiculous, 24% on HTC one with accessed value of 76000
-They can help your phone to roam around India by routing them to various destinations. They always send my shipments a particular branch, they will send back after 2-3 days and then it will be delivered.
-My current package went to Mumbai from Delhi, Now it will come back to Delhi and then will be send to Noida.
-And yes, they are yet to clear the backlog due to holidays from last one year. phew.
-one of my shipment took nearly a month :O Reason was sales department got hold of their vehicle and they were not releasing it.

A lot of co-operation was there from Anuradha, but that never helped to improvement of the service.

my only suggestion is JUST avoid them as much as you can. I was a fool not to listen to everyone else and was still using them. :(

To be short and precise-They have reached their lowest level and have started digging now.

A lot of co-operation was there from Anuradha, but that never helped to improvement of the service.

my only suggestion is JUST avoid them as much as you can. I was a fool not to listen to everyone else and was still using them. :(

The co-operation by Anuradha is limited to talks.

Unfortunately none of the package forwarders are providing reliable service these days, so even if we leave SnS and start using others, there is practically no benefit.

The co-operation by Anuradha is limited to talks.

Unfortunately none of the package forwarders are providing reliable service these days, so even if we leave SnS and start using others, there is practically no benefit.

Mate PPOBOX works smooth as butter.

Also use ishopinternational, they purchase and deliver quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back