Shop and Ship is now on Techenclave to assist you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate PPOBOX works smooth as butter.

Also use ishopinternational, they purchase and deliver quick.

It is working now but the 2 fiascos that have happened in the past year were really horrible. None of my packages got stuck in July-August but in December 10 packages of mine were in limbo due to their raid/audit issues.

Woah! I should have read this thread before buying stuff for my mom this Sunday. What with all the 10% off on shipping.
The package has reached NY on Monday, still no updates. Guess this a norm, nowadays. All the preparations for a surprise next week might be down the drain. :mad:

It is working now but the 2 fiascos that have happened in the past year were really horrible. None of my packages got stuck in July-August but in December 10 packages of mine were in limbo due to their raid/audit issues.

Have not used them for a while.

Have they changed any procedure? Do you still have to send Declaration letters and Invoice documents to their e-mail? Do they still insist on having physical invoices in the packages?

Have not used them for a while.

Have they changed any procedure? Do you still have to send Declaration letters and Invoice documents to their e-mail? Do they still insist on having physical invoices in the packages?

You know how it is with them, no transparency at all.
They now have kinda fixed import duties for mobile phones. It kinda helps as then I already know how much I can spend when buying the phones. The only sore point with them is only 1 phone per shipment whereas with SNS I was able to ship 2 phones per package and that evened things out even with erratic duty calculations.
They do say they need invoices but none of my shipments have a physical invoice and I have stopped sending invoices since over a month now.

Can I know how much does it comes to lately? Haven't imported for a while now.

It's different for every phone. Considering a 1lb shipment, this is what I have been charged-

HTC One - 2800
LG G2 - 2600
G Flex - 3100
One MAX - 3600

I get discounted rates for shipping so your prices might be a little more.

You know how it is with them, no transparency at all.
They now have kinda fixed import duties for mobile phones. It kinda helps as then I already know how much I can spend when buying the phones. The only sore point with them is only 1 phone per shipment whereas with SNS I was able to ship 2 phones per package and that evened things out even with erratic duty calculations.
They do say they need invoices but none of my shipments have a physical invoice and I have stopped sending invoices since over a month now.

Thanks for that detailed information. May have to try them again. Have avoided them since the January fiasco. But with SnS getting worse day by day, got no other option.

One SnS package is in limbo for the past five days. No update after departing DUBAI. It seems Ms Iyer is on medical leave. The new girl seems to be always on leave!! Had no one operating their CS desk for the past two days.

It seems ARAMEX are clearing their packages through DELHI. Anyone had the same issue?

It's different for every phone. Considering a 1lb shipment, this is what I have been charged-

HTC One - 2800
LG G2 - 2600
G Flex - 3100
One MAX - 3600

Discounted how? Any scheme or something?

Discounted how? Any scheme or something?

I have a professional account with them. Costs 2500 a year and you have to get 20-25 packages a month via them. They don't strictly adhere to this no of packages rule but anything less than 10 packages a month and they notice.
Normal shipping is $10 for first pound and $8 for subsequent pounds I guess. Pricing for me is $8 and $5 respectively. I am also provided free repackaging of 5 packages free every week and that sure comes in handy with over enthusiastic sellers who like to ship in big boxes.

My shipment was "found" by NY SnS after 2 days. It now in transit to India after much pain.

HTC One - 2800
LG G2 - 2600
G Flex - 3100
One MAX - 3600

Not trying to defend SnS here but arent the charges correct. I mean example GFlex - amaon price 549 + 21.125% as CIF = 665 * 7% import duty = 46.54 + $10 assuming normal account = 56.54. This at exchange rate of 60 works out to be 3400ish.
One of the problems we all face is that invoices are junked when the customs officer knows the item price or just want to mess with people.

My shipment was "found" by NY SnS after 2 days. It now in transit to India after much pain.

Not trying to defend SnS here but arent the charges correct. I mean example GFlex - amaon price 549 + 21.125% as CIF = 665 * 7% import duty = 46.54 + $10 assuming normal account = 56.54. This at exchange rate of 60 works out to be 3400ish.
One of the problems we all face is that invoices are junked when the customs officer knows the item price or just want to mess with people.

SnS custom charges are very random!! Had a $320 LG G2 cleared duty free a couple of days back. Today, they cleared a $230 Droid Ultra for Rs3500.

Guess everything evens out in the end![DOUBLEPOST=1400267655][/DOUBLEPOST]
@shopnshipindia Will you ship Sansa clip + from US if I place an order? ibhejo.com cancelled my order.

I don`t think they are active on this forum anymore. I might be wrong.

SnS custom charges are very random!! Had a $320 LG G2 cleared duty free a couple of days back. Today, they cleared a $230 Droid Ultra for Rs3500.

Guess everything evens out in the end!
They only do customs declaration, customs charging is done by custom officers not SnS and our indian custom officers are known for being random. There are some who let you get things for free and there are some who try to valuate items themselves.
When I first bought a Kindle fire, tablet as a space was just starting out. Custom officer had marked it as phone and charged me accordingly. I wouldn't put the blame squarely on SnS for this.

Most of my issues with SnS have been with their shipping timelines as sometimes they just suck.

The charges I mentioned were for PPOBox and those were inclusive of shipping.

The charges I mentioned were for PPOBox and those were inclusive of shipping.
Oh ok, my bad. Though SnS billings should also hover near the same price if the custom valuation is done properly. What I really liked about SnS is that they used to provide Customs bill (though I hated that they provided long sheets of everyone else's items too). Now its gone to on-demand receipts only if you think you have been charged unfairly.

Just wondering if someone has used SnS in last month or so? My package took 2 days to "appear" in the account. while the NY to Dubai was pretty fast - 1.5 days. The Dubai to New Delhi has now taken over 4 days.
How many days can I expect them to deliver?

Just wondering if someone has used SnS in last month or so? My package took 2 days to "appear" in the account. while the NY to Dubai was pretty fast - 1.5 days. The Dubai to New Delhi has now taken over 4 days.
How many days can I expect them to deliver?

A couple of my packages took more than a week to shift from DUBAI to DELHI. Had to call Sneha twice to get it expedited.

A couple of my packages took more than a week to shift from DUBAI to DELHI. Had to call Sneha twice to get it expedited.

Nothing new here. Mine took 4 days to get updated in system at JFK. N is in limbo since four days after leaving from Dubai. Delhi hub has still not received it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back