OC & Modding Show Off Your Cable Management

@bublez

sorry i understand now that you were explaining the undervolting part rather than the pwm part. but it would have been great had you explained both to undervolting and pwm functionality together as i did.

@gannu-yes though don't know about performance but surely efficiency will decrease through undervolting and also it would result in increase in motherboard temperature

since some resistances will be used by motherboard to enable undervolting and hence better use pwm which overcomes these issues and still gives the desired results.

also if already using pwm no need to undervolt them as it will take away all the initiative of the pwm functionality.

@bublez - once again sorry for not reading properly

cudnt do anything gr8 as the ppsu is cm extreme 460w...but this is my first try...

OgAAAJUnx6WdLIy-GZp_vcwtwUyfZi0hpKi1XyGk0BPCd9fDvfWUMRUmykm0gCoWFeZGxRMnhRpY5ojMGMwV_KvQDIAAm1T1UHXhoe3BA8WuJkCZqEwHv6PMJhX2.jpg

ragzdiablo said:
another go at cable management...i think i have improved from last time..

OgAAANoZK_UE_ql1-mqsvkyIUSetjKfU9iMaSm1rD8rBeM2HUW4JOuj0o9rqk0eF_DTX72Zo4hTPyO9jFgG6n0K6PdMAm1T1ULGgnyz-IVKpjbgye6I9HDGYRnHe.jpg

looking at your Fans...

Your Fan on back side is an exhaust fan.

what are you using Fan on heatsink for? IMO attaching Fan on the other side of heatsink in push config. will be better.

Sudarshan_SMD said:
looking at your Fans...
Your Fan on back side is an exhaust fan.
what are you using Fan on heatsink for? IMO attaching Fan on the other side of heatsink in push config. will be better.

actually i was thinkiing of putting another fan on the side of heatsink...thats means 2 fans in total on the heatsink...

what i cant understand is that what shud be the nature of fan...

suppose i put the right fans as exhaut also the heat that it throws out can be thrownout further from the top fan...

but ive heard that if one fan on exhaut is intake and another is exhaust it will be betr...plz tell

ragzdiablo said:
actually i was thinkiing of putting another fan on the side of heatsink...thats means 2 fans in total on the heatsink...

what i cant understand is that what shud be the nature of fan...

suppose i put the right fans as exhaut also the heat that it throws out can be thrownout further from the top fan...

but ive heard that if one fan on exhaut is intake and another is exhaust it will be betr...plz tell

Let the back exhaust fan & top exhaust Fan as they are.
The cabby is CM 690, isn't it?
assuming yours cabby is CM690, you would be having Front intake fan & intake Fan on side. So Fan's on your cabby are OK.
Heatsink Fan- putting Fan on the other side(of current side) will be more better. Fan should push air into heatsink & then back to exhaust.

If you are planning for 2 Fan's on heatsink....just make sure they are in push-pull configuration & exhaust should be towards back.

dont really know what push-pull config is...

is that one fan on the heatsink must be intake and the other exhaust??

i will be adding another fan in front and another on top...

and two on the heatsink..

yes the cabby is cm690

!!!!!!! Cable Management !!!!!!!

hi i am new to this type of funda, but i really want to to do it. I am posting the pic of my cpu please suggest me some advice on cable management and better cooling.

Currently my CPU temperature is 60 degree celcius continously and my hdds temperature is under 40 degree celcius continously and these are when i am doing only net surfing and nothing else.:)

Re: !!!!!!! Cable Management !!!!!!!

Cable management is done for 2 things.

1) To look neat and clean

2) Improve airflow.

2) is covered for you cause well there is lot of space in your cabbie i see, If you want to still make it better, get some zip ties, route the cables from behind the mobo plate and use zip ties to hold them in position :)

It is better for people with bottom smps mounting system but go on try it :)

put the unused psu cables in the 5.25" bays

u could use adhesive mounts+cable ties

route the sata cables in such a way tht they are least visible

see now My solution this time little messy than before also includes my gfx card

dsc01989j.th.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

this is my recent cable management in my old cabby CM Elite 334.

the side panel i have moded myself!! then the vinyl too made by me.

then after installing green ccfl's it looked like this..

Back