OC & Modding Show Off Your Cable Management

Saiyan said:
Nice Work with Super Lanboy:cool2: . Btw i have a doubt, are u sure u r running your ram in dual channel mode??

Yes sir they are in dual channel mode....

ram.jpg

Here're mine...

Coolermaster Cavalier...

Cut some metal at the mobo-plate...

At 2 places..
Close to the PSU and then adjacent to it to route the wire..

My DVD-RW drive's missin.. So a sata cable adds to tat..

PS. Sorry fer the quality of the bad pics..

Transferred my system into a new house..err, i mean the Chieftec LBX 01..:p

* Images downsized considerably in ps for faster loading. So pls bear with the quality*

Here is my attempt @ cable management ... I am actually quite satisfied with the results :D

picture001copysa3.jpg

picture004copygd5.jpg

picture007copyqz7.jpg

picture0081copyyz5.jpg

picture011copyzy0.jpg

PS : I know rams are not in Dual channel mode .. but they are gone for RMA anyways :)

^ very nice .. maybe tie up or sleeve the bunch of wires on top and it will be perfect.

^^ okay boss :D will try to do something about those SATA cables. can you give me any suggestions on how to route them?

the routing is fine but if the bend near the connectors is too sharp you could end up with data corruption or something just loosen it a bit

edit: how about turning the hard drives so that the connectors face the front of the case

i prefer the normal sata cables .. the right angled ones are a pain when you have all the hdd trays full coz its too close to the next one

same suggestion try turning your hard drives the other way and route the sata cables behind the hdd cage

starchazer said:
^ Hey thanks.

Simple, I just hid the side panel. :)
Hehe .. there is no side panel in the interior pics. :D

Lol isn't that pretty much evident :bleh:
Anyhow, it seems you must be plugging the side panel fan directly to the motherboard 3 pin slot otherwise there has to be a visible wire that feeds juice to that fan.

And dude, instead of the bottom slot, try shifting your hdd to the middle one. That way the air from the front intake fan will blow directly on it. When at the bottom bay, all the air passes "over" your hdd, providing minimum cooling.

Anyway your cable-mgt is way better than what i've been able to achieve in my cm690 :)
When the 24 pin slot is bang in the middle of the mobo there's not much you can do :mad:

Here's a crappy cell cam pic :
I've replaced the stock side panel fan with a heavy NMB 120mm one. It provides much more air than the stock one. The downside is, it has no 3-pin connector. Thats the reason for that messy looking molex.

Back