OC & Modding Show Off Your Cable Management

pc-1.jpg

My humble try !!!

That is the case to have... wonderful case and awesome work...just a little bit of work on the front connectors and it would be even better...this is mine with similar components....well, just the mobo and cpu and to some extent the PSU:

Lights on:

img1860fb.jpg

Lights off:

img1864b.jpg

And then somewhere in between:

img1868m.jpg

img1871e.jpg

PhOeNiX said:
Ahhh. The PC-K62. Nicely done :)

BTW i see you haven't used the PSU tool-less belt to secure the PSU ? Any reason not to do that ? Since i found it to be a lot more secure than screws and a lot easier to do also.
Phoenix, I bought the case from you, and that was great customer service and quick delivery. keep up the good work man.:)

I used the tool-less belt for my initial build, a great feature and secures the PSU nicely. Here is the pic. Later I removed it and used black screws so that the PSU is visible. I may use it the next time.

p10109381280x960.jpg

View from the window, after the case is closed.

p10109621280x960.jpg

My humble first attempt, took out my pc to clean and silence a noisy psu fan,

I sleeved the cables using black PVC tape (the non sticky type)

Come to think of it now, I should have reversed the drives to hide the power and sata cables *doh*

Shall do that soon!

Any other tips?

^^

Clean and neat. Though you can rotate the HSF 90 degrees clock wise so the connector is close to the fan header...! Just being nit-picky here. Great job.

Just saw videos of vantec sleeving kit. Sleeving seems like a time consuming process :( Can I get them sleeved at some shop at Lamington Road ? Do they offer such services as well ? Else I can use cable ties. But since no cable management area in there. I will stick/tie them to cabinet walls after using cable ties.

suhas_sm said:
Just saw videos of vantec sleeving kit. Sleeving seems like a time consuming process :( Can I get them sleeved at some shop at Lamington Road ? Do they offer such services as well ? Else I can use cable ties. But since no cable management area in there. I will stick/tie them to cabinet walls after using cable ties.
Don't think you can get your cables sleeved in Lamington Road.

I still say hide all unused PSU cables under ODD, there is ample of space under it. Regarding sleeving you can sleeve yourself, it's not that much time consuming but it is a fun.

I had sleeved my old PSU cable last year.

But first thing first, re-TIM your processor asap. The temperature you mentioned in other thread is really on the higher side.

Try purchasing heat shrinkable sleeves form Lamington road, they are easily available. Then use them for sleeving your cables. Ideally ahot air gun should be used, ig that is not available a hair drier can be used.

^Impressive! :)

Could you not route that 4 pin connector from the top instead of right? Not that it would look any better.

Back