Software that can disable useless background services

From what I can understand, if resetting your drivers is helping your trackpad work again, it seems more like a software issue and something is interfering with its functioning. I would suggest re-installing OS, as a measure of last resort to ensure there are no issues atleast from the OS side and remove any conflicting software issues.
To share my issue, My laptop won't go to sleep when I press power button and if it is connected to AC power. Seems more like windows issue than hardware. On my previous laptop it worked fine. Neither does anyone face issue here. I plan to format my laptop but couldn't find the time for it.

2 thin flex cables near RAM are for touchpad and buttons. The fat flex cable is for keyboard.
Can you please highlight which one's are you talking about? Do you recommend unplugging those cables and then replugging them?

Trackpad stops working on its own whenever it likes. Sometimes it completely freezes and sometimes misses clicks or starts selecting all text on screen but as soon as reset button is clicked it becomes normal for 5-10 minutes. What could be done? Let's say it is an issue with a loose cable or something then why does it start working well as soon as the reset button is clicked? Why did the issue start about a day after the laptop was cleaned? The last update was around 10-15 days back though.

+ @Ankit2306 @Kaleen Bhaiya

The list in below link does not have the laptop model in question

Also driver version is different in the above link as compared to one for the model of this laptop. Touchpad settings as per link are same in laptop. Please guide.

I downloaded HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows v1.8.1.0 but when I ran it, with or without as an admin, it opened this cmd screen and then closed it in short it didn't install Then I downloaded and installed HP PC hardware diagnostics UEFI, the left one HP PC hardware diagnostics UEFI What is the difference between these two diagnostic tools?

Last edited:
Try reinstalling the Following drivers
1. Intel Chipset Drivers
2. Intel Serial I/O Drivers
3. USB Drivers
Also make sure that your Touchpad is either Synaptics or Elan
some HP models have Elan and Many consumers mistakenly install Synaptics Drivers ...Revert back the results

Try reinstalling the Following drivers
1. Intel Chipset Drivers
2. Intel Serial I/O Drivers
3. USB Drivers
Also make sure that your Touchpad is either Synaptics or Elan
some HP models have Elan and Many consumers mistakenly install Synaptics Drivers ...Revert back the results
Sir are these the correct drivers?

1. Intel Chipset
Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver10.1.1.9 Rev.A

2. Intel Serial I/O

Intel Serial IO Driver604.10120.2652.361 Rev.B

3. USB Drivers- I did not get which one is it, please guide
Source- https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...n-15-notebook-pc-series/9068229/model/9329819

Also while reinstalling from the above site, should I just reinstall them or delete the previous installed one's first?

Touchpad is from Synaptics, it used to show its icon in the right hand side bottom location on the screen where time is mentioned. Plus before reinstalling the same, I checked in the mouse settings too.
PFA

One click on the reset button and it becomes allright.

Do not delete , reinstall the drivers , yes download the drivers from the official hp website link , with the correct os and bit version , you are good to go

Do not delete , reinstall the drivers , yes download the drivers from the official hp website link , with the correct os and bit version , you are good to go
Thanks Sir.

3. USB Drivers- I did not get which one is it, please guide
@Ankit2306 @Kaleen Bhaiya

I removed the Synaptics driver twice and have tried to use the touchpad without it but the sensitivity of the cursor without the drivers is pathetic. It becomes useless without the drivers. If a mouse is inserted in, with or without the Synaptics drivers then it performs normally. Same was the condition of the cursor when I took the diagnostic tests as posted below, is this normal?

Tests undertaken by pressing F2 during boot and entering the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility,
The version of the diagnostics uefi is out of date, hope that's okay-

Everything seems okay?
Why is the status of the fan saying not supported? It works fine though

- Uninstalled the Synaptics driver today, kept on using the mouse and tested the touchpad whether it works or not (it was next to impossible to use the touchpad without the Synaptics driver due to sensitivity issues with the cursor) Anyways it froze once. The mouse kept on working as usual. A few minutes later Windows update downloaded the same version for the Synaptics driver which was installed earlier and which is present on HP's website

After the restart the cursor was like hanging a lot, clicked on reset button here and it was back to normal

Sometimes it works for like 10 minutes after the reset button is clicked, sometimes for like 5 minutes. Sometimes the reset button is needed to be clicked twice to force it to work normally

Edit-What is the difference between Description- Automatic restore point Type- System

and

Description- Windows module installer Type- Install ?

For how long does these restore points are saved?

Edit 2- Reinstalled all 8 chipset drivers from this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...n-15-notebook-pc-series/9068229/model/9329819 2nd and 8th driver are not compatible with the system. But the result is the same. Any other help?

Can you highlight which is the wire for the touchpad will try to remove and then attach it just to check

Last edited:
@Kaleen Bhaiya @enthusiast29 @nRiTeCh @Ankit2306

I know I have wasted much time on this issue, please consider this my last question. Asking this out of curiosity

Since nothing worked, I kept on clicking the reset button which made the touchpad work fine for 10-15 minutes and then click it again whenever it stopped working

I used to keep a wired mouse connected wherever it was possible to use it in the meantime, very difficult to use a mouse in my routine though. Anyways today the touchpad didn't work at all after I started the system today. This has never happened before. I tried to open mouse properties again in settings but couldn't find that option. The touchpad option is gone from the device manager too, can only see wired mouse options in settings and in the device manager. Removed the mouse but couldn't see these options

Tried reinstalling the driver but it says already installed

Opened hp diagnostics by pressing F2 on boot but this time the touchpad is also not working there, it worked last time please check some old posts. Let's say the touchpad is gone, how can the touchpad option be gone from the device manager too? Why can't the mouse properties be seen in the settings?

And is there any mouse or something that we can keep on the touchpad and use it? I was thinking koi Chinese jugaad hoga.

Edit- Touchpad settings/option is gone from the control panel also

If the system is not detecting it, then probably the conneecting wires or the connecting pin in the motherboard is somewhere loose which causes the system to not detect it. If I were you, I would take this to hp care rather than being a doctor myself.

I told you before and now again. You have somehow either made the touchpad connection to the motherboard loose or damaged the flex cable when you disassembled the laptop.

Try AtlasOS
Hi,

So, the Windows 10 just got an auto update to version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1526. I am not using any ssd, the system used to run fine. The specs of the system https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04863397 I use it only for browsing and for work related purposes. With this update it has become very slow, even copy pasting certain files is taking much time along with booting. The disk usage is always on the higher side and usually some background MS service is consuming it. There are tons of new background services after this update. Before going the ssd way+increasing the ram, is there any software which can show the services running in the background and tell us which are safe to be disabled or something? Checking each service one by one will consume a lot of time.

Thanks

Click the Start button and select Settings. Select the Privacy option. Click on Background apps from the left pane. Now you can either toggle off the Let apps run in the background option from the top or you can toggle off the individual apps below.

To turn off services in windows, type: "services. msc" into the search field. Then double-click on the services you want to stop or disable. Many services can be turned off, but which ones depend on what you use Windows 10 for and whether you work in an office or from home.

techzpod download mobdro

Back