SONY BRAVIA klv-W400 LAUNCHED

my house is being renovated and i am looking for a big screen tv....have a budget of abt 2lac...
after readin the ad in the paper today i was thinkin abt the new sony w-series..w400a....

Any other recommendations??

chaos its been showing that you are a marketing agent for pioneer kuro....i hope pioneer dosen't have any contract with you tht you get commission on every kuro that will be sold ;) he he he....

^You have to see one in person. They are freakin' insane.. I took my Planet Earth BR discs with my PS3 to demo a Kuro 42". Crazy.
Might pick one up myself.

Ok.. I got 50" prices from Delhi based disti/dealer. Prices are inclusive of all taxes that's what the guy has mentioned.

PDP-5010FD - 2.90L

PDP-5080HD - 1.90L

Not sure if there will be any discount as I just got the mail... have to follow it up with them regarding discounts, if any. Now the tough one... making Dad understand about this :(

The problem is pricing. Kuros are grossly overpriced here.

I had a chance to see 5080HD in person. Its beautiful panel. Absolutely loved it. But if it was anywhere close to 1.2-1.3L it would have been a good deal.

Its hard to convince anyone to buy this for close to 2L.

hey.. guys the price diff between the 50" full hd and 63" is just 1500$ dollars (atleast in us hehe) so doesnt it still make sense to buy that at 60-100 k's diff.. that extra 10" is massive real estate wer talkin bout.. but only issue is if full hd gets blurry at 60" (saw an lg 60 or 63" some time bad an tat had worse quality than my yr's old sony!)

For those who still have doubts about plasmas, do read this review - Sound and Vision Magazine - Plasma vs. LCD: Round II

The Imaging Science Foundation (ISF) states the the most important aspects of picture quality are (in order):
1) contrast ratio,
2) color saturation,
3) color accuracy,
4) resolution.

Resolution is 4th on the list and plasma is generally superior to LCD in all of the other areas. From the link in my siggy, it is clear that at a viewing distance of 10', you would need a screen larger than 50" for 1080p to make any difference :p Harshal- beg, borrow or steal, but get the pdp-5080 :D (Of course, if you can afford the pdp-5010, nothing would be better. Except the pro-110fd :p).

Excerpts from the s&n review -

These pricey sets are designed to deliver the deepest blacks of any consumer display, period. "Kuro" means "black" in Japanese, so there should be no mistaking the intention.

The Pioneer's all-around knockout performance found us nodding to each other in the darkened room, uttering "Kuro" in hushed, reverent tones.

We have to throw a big bone to Samsung — in fact, a really big bone — for driving forward the state of the LCD art in a significant way, and for bringing a critical new advance (LED backlighting) down to an affordable price. That said, Samsung and all other flat-panel manufacturers in both disciplines now have a new gold standard by which to measure their work going forward. Kudos to Kuro.

All other lesser mortals, me included, wait for panasonic's 2008 series to hit our shores.

tusharrastogi said:
chaos its been showing that you are a marketing agent for pioneer kuro....i hope pioneer dosen't have any contract with you tht you get commission on every kuro that will be sold ;) he he he....

Ignorance is bliss!!! Go buy your sony :rofl:

Back