SONY Xperia NXT Series

I think the sola is a decent phone, if you don't require front cam.

It's not as overpriced as the rest.

Xperia Sola and Xperia U are pretty much same other than that floating touch display.

I don't know how much useful will that technology be other than hovering over hyperlinks
indifferent14.gif

Xperia Sola and Xperia U are pretty much same other than that floating touch display.

I don't know how much useful will that technology be other than hovering over hyperlinks
indifferent14.gif

+ sola has expandable memory. I think this completely justifies 1K+ pricing.

I'm still skeptical. Sony always leaves out something critical.

In Sola's case, it's the FRONT CAMERA missing.

The only phone to have it all and launch would be Ace 2. But that would be priced ridiculously at 23k or something

Front camera is not a make or break decision for everyone unlike the absence of microSD and just 4GB usable memory like the Xperia U

The Xperia U is already available for ~15.8k in Buy the price. So the Sola should hit ~18.5k after discounts in some of the online sites after its launch.

Also floating touch may not be of importance for people in India. But it allows users to browse with the gloves on! Else its difficult to navigate in the capacitive screen with the gloves on.

The Ace 2 if priced @ 18k would be a hot seller. Hoping the Ace 2 and Galaxy Advance are priced @18k and 21k respectively. (Blame the INR for the high prices
<
)

Advance has a 26.5k stupid price tag.

If Ace 2 hits the 18k range, it will be a best seller(here's hoping it gets ICS instead of a Value Pack )

That's awesome, cuz I would be using both!

My friend had gone for mobile hunting recently and informed me that Ace 2 (or was it Ace Plus) was available for arnd 18.5k, I don't remember which one it was.

Why doesn't Shamsung use better names rather than just adding 'Plus' ? It becomes damn confusing . . . :mad:

I'll update here if I get a clear answer.
<

BTW here's the difference between the Plus & 2: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4397&idPhone2=4559

<

Also floating touch may not be of importance for people in India. But it allows users to browse with the gloves on! Else its difficult to navigate in the capacitive screen with the gloves on.

Forget gloves, i'm sure they'll find some innovative and damn cool ways to use the tech. As it is sometimes i'm surprised with the way they exploited all the sensors for nifty apps.

also u loose multi touch ability

Err, if you had read the post i had made some pages back about how floating touch tech works, you would see that it does support multi-touch. They're not that stupid to release a new phone without multi-touch. How would pinch-to-zoom work without it?

in the link above it says:

"Self-capacitance generates a stronger signal than mutual capacitance, which allows accurate detection of the finger further away from the sensors. However, with self-capacitance it is not possible to perform multi-touch detection due to an effect called “ghostingâ€."

does it mean multi-floating-touch wont work?

guys,

Got the Xperia Sola yesterday for around 19500 in chennai. I purchased HTC one V last week and due to freezing problems/screen issues, i got a DOA and purchased this model.

After playing with HTC one V for a week, i feel like sony dosen't have that much brightness compared to HTC. I like the NFC tags feature. It kinda works like a barcode scanner and the default applications that have been assigned works flawlessly..Other than that all other features are same and sound calrity is good.. Any others who have purchased this?

I am new to Android and HTC one as far as i used it stayed for a day. I got this yesterday around 3 pm..charged it until 10(2 hours power cut)..5 hours charging..wifi was On the whole time after charging for testing features.. streamed online videos for a hour..browsed a lot(may be 2 hours).. downloaded games for an hour(EA games are like 800 mb) listened to music for 2 hours.. 20 minutes of phone call...played games for an hour..battery lasted till 12 pm..totally it would be 6-7 hours of power usage..It is really bad compared to my Samsung Hero series mobile(solid 2 days charge) and again with the android we can't expect more than a day's charge.. it has a power saver app in which it will turn off certain battery draining apps if the charge gets less than 25%..If i use it for 2-3 days..i wouldn't say top of the class..it's seems moderate..certainly not low..atleast as of now.. after 12..i charged it for like an hour and it lasted until now..with some 2-3 hours of heavy usage(tested camera).

Back