Spice MI-300

Hey,Guyz I just brought this phone.... too good..... cant describe it's worth the money..... and even android 2.1...they are providing the download for it soon in 1 week...... and the preloaded app's are good. Here are the Por's and con's.

Pro's

• The OS
  • The smoothness f the UI
  • The trackball performs awesome.
  • The screen is too good.... very very good response.
  • Typing is very easy in it's native keyboard and even in Swype(Third Party Software)
  • The Android 2.1 Update.
  • Overall the phone is AWESOME!!

Con's

• The Phone look's good but at the same time u feel it's not so solid in hand.
  • After having about 179 apps the UI Was still smooth...but Did lag some time's (Just some time's)
  • The Phone took about 3 Min's to find a GPS signal but after that the GPS was stable and good even while driving.

^^ Just a cheap gimmick to attract attention. No one would buy this phone at 17k (Acer Liquid E is an awesome choice at that price). Its awesome VFM at 10k though.

Call clarity is very good. Not sure why the techtree reviewer didnt feel so. All LCD displays are known to be poor in sunlight. This one is pretty legible at full brightness. Again, the reviewer hasnt posted pics, so not sure what he did. Touchscreens tend to attract fingerprints. Nothing surprising here either. The missing backlight on the soft touch keys - quite bad. Front facing camera would have been a nice addition.

^^ Answers here since your inbox is full.

1) Expect 1 day battery life if you are using 3G, wifi and GPS. Have to charge nightly.
2) The camera has autofocus. I havent used it much, but pics are decent quality. Picture quality is poorer than the best 3.2MP phones.
3) There are enough apps to play most video formats.
4) It comes with a 2GB MicroSD memory card.
5) Havent had to interact with their support yet. They do seem to have good coverage.

Do we need to convert the avi format to divx or it plays directly (as its not mentioned in MI 300) ???

Also in the range of MI 300 is there any android phone available which has xvid playback support?
please reply

Can Mi-300 owners who have upgraded this device to Eclair and rooted it provide a review and some snapshots. I am looking for a cheap android within 15k and I see only 2 good options i.e. Wildfire or Spice Mi-300

Back