Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

Guys, i'd love to post some pics if not for my slower than EDGE connection .. If you're really keen, i'll give it a try tomorrow.

Keep in mind that this is my first ever phone crossing 10K.. :)

Initial impressions seem to confirm what i suspected.

The big screen's not as vibrant as the LG O 2X/SGS i demo'ed a week ago for obvious reasons but still very good.

Responsiveness -The phone's pretty responsive. To me it felt as good as the O2X ( subjective, needless to say) but there's a very perceptible difference from the iphone4 when flicking through the icons. Other than that, i didn't get to use the o2X or the iphone4 for that long so didn't have time to get into the innards.

Battery - I'd give it a week of usage before giving a final verdict but i guess with a screen this big and the CPU/GPU that comes with it, 1 day/charge would be a realistic estimate with moderate usage. Could be even more for all i know, specially with GB in the offing although 2.2 to 2.3 isn't as big a jump as 2.1 to 2.2 was in regards to battery life. Olive will be releasing their version with 2.3 which has to be soon unless they wanna lose out to Spice. Cherry Mobile should also be releasing the GB update in a month or two ( my speculation). Spice themselves ought to be rolling out the update as fast as they can if they wanna make an impression with this phone. After all it's their costliest phone so far, IINM.

Camera - It wouldn't be giving the N8 a run for its money any time soon but i already knew that. Although with sufficient lighting and stable hands, you can get pretty decent pictures. The video (at 720p) seems pretty decent too. The video impressed me more than the pictures. The camera lens protrudes out a bit from the body so some care would be needed to protect it from scratches. Btw, it came with a leather case with the Spice logo embossed on it where you can push it in ( stays snugly inside)

and take it out with a tug at a nylon kinda thingy coming out from a slit. Quite useful. Saves me the trouble of looking around for a case.

Very few pre-installed applications. Probably around 15-20, most of them being the standard android ones, i think.

The speaker volume's a lil low. Voice clarity is ok. i'm guessing the Defy (which i was considering too) would beat it hollow in that department.

SAR value i really have no idea. Not listed on gsmarena either. Don't know why they haven't updated it when the phone's been out for more than 2 months now in Philippines/Malaysia. Defy's supposed to be one of them with higher SAR ratings. Incidentally, i've read people raving about its excellent network reception. Maybe the high SAR values has something to do with that?

That's all i can think of atm. Let me know if you have any specific queries.

oh, and i got it from a Spice outlet for 14K. Looks like money well spent so far. Fingers crossed !!

Thanks :) @ Comp@ddict. First time i ever reviewed anything lol . Yes, the Defy has comparatively high SAR values at 1.52 W/kg (head) and 1.53 W/kg (body) (acc. to gsmarena) Unless you live in an area with poor reception, it shouldn't be a thing for concern. If i have done my homework right, the maximum SAR values are reached when reception is poorest.

@DarkAngel The price was what sealed the deal for me. For around 3K more Defy was very tempting with its active noise cancellation, rugged build, Gorilla glass, maybe slightly better picture quality and (again maybe )better battery life but the mi410 also had a bigger screen, faster proccy, better GPU and HDMI out which is a trade-off i'm willing to live with.

Btw, walked into a chemist last night and my mi410 got the staff intrigued enough to ask me what phone it was and how much it was for. lol First time that's happened to me :D

Also, there was no memory card bundled. Part of the cost cutting measures,i guess. I've designated the 8gb card in my Fuze to serve time in the mi410 now :D

One more thing, there's a slight light leakage (don't know the right term) on both sides in the lower part of the screen when booting up. Don't notice anything different once it's booted.

why buy this for 15k ? with 3.5 k more one can get branded Galaxy S LS version which is backed by a strong community on web!!

why buy this for 15k ? with 3.5 k more one can get branded Galaxy S LS version which is backed by a strong community on web!!

Lamer see 2 posts above...its for 14k with even HDMI out :p....and ya this is going to get awesome community support as well....just wait and watch

Supra said:
Lamer see 2 posts above...its for 14k with even HDMI out :p....and ya this is going to get awesome community support as well....just wait and watch
troll go two pages back , its an almost year old phone with size zero community . No single core processor is capable of playing HD videos so enjoy HDMI out with ur *ahem inside it .

^^ LOL thanks for telling me I am a troll here :D...when there is a proper review I will find u :p...I know u will go MIA then

rahul21 said:
troll go two pages back , its an almost year old phone with size zero community . No single core processor is capable of playing HD videos so enjoy HDMI out with ur *ahem inside it .
U r wrong. galaxy s and galaxy tab can play Hd videos and they r single core:)

Phone Arena does have the SAR rating @ for the Ideos x6
Huawei IDEOS X6 full specs - Phone Arena
Head: 0.75 (Measured in: 850 MHz)
Body: 1.11 (Measured in: 850 MHz)

Really waiting to have a hands on with this phone. Yet to be available locally @ the Spice Hotspots here in Hyderabad.

Was waiting for this since I am abt to buy a phone. Choice between this and the good old optimus one. Comments anyone?

This phone seems to have jerky/choppy 720p recording. Anyone actually having the phone can confirm that? or at least let us know if recording @ a lower resolution (say 480p) is smooth? And also battery is a little on the weaker side. Thanks for that mini review. Hoping to hear more :) Any issues faced so far or drawbacks ? Someone somewhere pointed out that multi-touch rotating of Google Maps is not working in this phone.

Also a just a little concerned since the phone is Huawei/Spice so donno about quality after sales service for the device.

Back