Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

rahul21 said:
U r wrong as-usual neither can play 1920*1080 resolution videos .
U said HD videos not FULL HD:) and 1280X720 are also called as HD videos. U shld have written Full Hd to be more clear in ur post.

techpal said:
U said HD videos not FULL HD:) and 1280X720 are also called as HD videos. U shld have written Full Hd to be more clear in ur post.

Full HD , half HD , quater HD ...are marketing proverbs to sell in the name of HD even my calculator plays HD videos (micro HD) but fact is HD standard is set at 1980*1080 resolution videos with 16:9 aspect ratio

Ok thanks for useful information. Till now i was thinking 1280x720 is HD:)
rahul21 said:
Full HD , half HD , quater HD ...are marketing proverbs to sell in the name of HD even my calculator plays HD videos (micro HD) but fact is HD standard is set at 1980*1080 resolution videos with 16:9 aspect ratio

FULL HD is 1920x1080

HD used by TV companies is 1366x768

qHD is quarter HD aka 960x540 (1920/2=960 and 1080/2=540)

VGA as we know is 640x480, then comes QVGA WQVGA and etc etc

st00pfie dude can u please post some pics of the phone?? and is there any way we can customize the UI of the stock android that comes with this phone?? and will the spice phone get a gingerbread update coz the olive one will already come with gingerbread preloaded..

rahul21 said:

wiki doesn't agree

On the topic, Is there any custom rom available for this? I heard gingerbread is coming to wellcom a99 later this month.

Sorry i haven't been around,guys. I'll try to put up some pictures tomorrow.
Regarding battery life, haven't got the time to benchmark it properly but it seems kinda low so far. Tried unsuccessfully to root it with SuperOneClick and z4root. Seems to be either a Win7/driver issue (it says something about being the wrong platform during installation). If anyone could point me in the right direction i'd be grateful. Reason i need root is to use a CPU governor because 'cell standby' and 'idle state' (?) seems to be drawing more than their fair share of power. i intend to put it on 'on demand' scaling or something similar.
I found something quirky. With the USB cable plugged in the touchscreen starting acting like some invisible guy was randomly going through my phone !! This happened a couple of times. (I tried to reproduce the effect at the time of posting but no luck )
Whenever this happened the touchscreen became unusable till i pulled the cable out after which it works normally. I still don't know if this is due to some rogue app i installed or a hardware/firmware defect. This is the only oddity i've encountered thus far.

You might want to want to stay away from this phone if the following are important to you.
a) excellent battery backup
b) excellent picture and video quality
c) Need louder than average speakers
d) .... ( will add more when i can think of something)

Now having said that, if your're ok with average battery life (i'm pretty sure it will get better ) and average pic/video quality, this is a very decent buy. If you can wait for a few months more, you can probably get it a few thousand bucks cheaper and with 2.3 pre-installed. The guys at the outlet said " upgradable to 2.3"

Regarding UI, i don't know if this one has custom UI ( looks plain to me). I'm using Go Launcher with Live wallpapers. Cincinnati Bell is launching this as Huawei Ascend X | Cincinnati Bell Wireless Cell Phones Cincinnati with a buy-1-get-1 offer on a 2 yrs contract or $250 outright in the States .We can hope for custom ROMs to arrive in a few months if this becomes the next Blade.
Another thing i discovered was this phone has 5 sensors only two of which are properly named in the system info. The Philippines/Thailand version has " Bosch accelerometer / Yamaha Magnetic Sensor / Yamaha Orientation Sensor / Liteon Ambient Light Sensor / Liteon Proximity Sensor". Need root before i can take screenshots.

Thanks for the review st00pfie...

It seems Huawei has released the ideos x5 @ 14999

Huawei unveils three new smartphones - Economic Times

Why release a lesser powered phone @ more price than the ideos x6 (spice mi 410) ??
One good i guess is that it wont have a spice logo...

anyone have any idea about the x5 in india ?

St00pfie .. please comment on the video recording ... at which resolution can you get a smooth recording @ 30fps ???

manish_bhaumik said:
Thanks for the review st00pfie...

It seems Huawei has released the ideos x5 @ 14999

Huawei unveils three new smartphones - Economic Times

Why release a lesser powered phone @ more price than the ideos x6 (spice mi 410) ??

One good i guess is that it wont have a spice logo...

anyone have any idea about the x5 in india ?

St00pfie .. please comment on the video recording ... at which resolution can you get a smooth recording @ 30fps ???
Glad you liked it. A full blown review would take too much time and effort so i'll update in this thread about any new developments. I just took some pics at 720p. Take a look. Trying my hand at some amateur photography..lol If you all require specific shots or something, let me know. i'll see i i can upload some 720videos too. Have only shot a 15 seconds clip so far. Also, i don't know what to shoot at, tbh lol Some pointers would be really handy at this time.

[attachment=8277:14608.attach]

Attachments

• Spice mi-410  (4).jpg
    Spice mi-410 (4).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 259
  • Spice mi-410  (2).jpg
    Spice mi-410 (2).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 287
  • Spice mi-410  (6).jpg
    Spice mi-410 (6).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 236
  • Spice mi-410  (8).jpg