Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

praxone12 said:
Can anyone tell about the battery life of spice mi 410 after latest ginger bread update? Any hardware complaints?
Another confused buyer between spice mi 410 and moto defy.
As a Spice MI 410 user I will suggest you to go for this mobile only..... about battery its pretty good with normal use like gaming, listening radio and Music and will last for a day.... regarding Hardware, till date I have no issue..... hope for the best for u also (if you become elite member of Spice MI 410 user family)

Any ideas about where i can buy it in bangalore and whats the best price?
Joining mi410 gang soon....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

can anyone confirm ram as 512mb? i saw somewhere 356 or so.

paarkhi said:
Yes, A pouch is supplied From Saholic, don't know whether it is leather or not and it is ok, not so good and not so bad
Sorry, Quality of the Photo not so good and I had to edit it to remove the background so not a perfect photo but then I'm not in a market section and I think you pretty much will get the idea of the supplied pouch
7eop10beb8fgh6stlg6s.jpg
Great response, you are the person who is taking this thread ahead with all the postings. finally I'm also thinking of buying this phone now.

paarkhi said:
CWM is working ok and doesn't have any problems of any sort, No lag of any kind on CSL, why don't you think that Wellcom can be a culprit and why the blame on CWM, [strike]I understand how you feel when you are not given the access to the ROM even after donating but there may be a difference in understanding when he said that the RC1 is only for donators (means who have already donated)[/strike]

animated-news.gif
animated-news.gif
animated-news.gif

TJ_Style's Andro-ID RC1 is public for all, you can download it from Andro-ID - Indonesian Android Community
Flash This Zip through CWM for fixing Wifi Problems (The Problem will be fixed in RC2)

Can Anyone Upload A Clean Nandroid Backup Of RC1, Cause i don't have windows on my system yet using linux mint

so cannot flash this.

Deathbearer said:
Can Anyone Upload A Clean Nandroid Backup Of RC1, Cause i don't have windows on my system yet using linux mint

so cannot flash this.

This is it (Nandroid backup of andro-id rc 1) Actually This is uploaded by a user named mysteriousboy87 on XDA for our USA Friends upon my request, you can read the Post over XDA FORUMS

andro-id rc1.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

and if it works and you register on XDA then Thank him

Do let me know whether it works or not

praxone12 said:

In Bangalore you can buy this phone on any Hotspot outlet..... or put the online order on Saholic and they will deliver you within 48 hour...... for best price please check online...... maybe 12000 to 13000 (I bought it for Rs 14000)

About RAM its 512 only ....

praxone12 said:

You should be able to buy @ Spice Hotspot (Don't know whether you have them or not) I personally bought online @ Mobile Phone Reviews and Best Deals in India | Saholic.com and the Total RAM is 512mb and user available is 356MB. The present cost after applying discount is 12999

manu george said:
any one know about specs of mi410 ram is it ddr2 or 3

For Mobile RAM..... DDR2 is the highest option available..... (if I am not wrong).... so no question for DDR3..... but I even don't know that it is DDR2 or DDR..... have to check...

Allright gang...2 days on RC1.....first impressions

1. Sharp Launcher lill laggy sometimes....dunno know if thats just me!..Anybody else sees that?

2. Phone really smooth and fast, Quadrant score of 1800+ with 40+ personal apps loaded.....i am sure it will be above 2000 on a clean install.

3. Possible battery Drain....am on SetCPU but still seems is draining battery faster than stock GB

4. Wifi works great after the fix...no issues at all......

5. I liked the Sense style screen lock on Stock....now its on default....can anyone share a link to download that....?

If RC1 is soo Rocking i am just amazed what Final version will be like...Kudos to all the guys working towards making this brilliant piece of hardware better.

vivekb said:
For Mobile RAM..... DDR2 is the highest option available..... (if I am not wrong).... so no question for DDR3..... but I even don't know that it is DDR2 or DDR..... have to check...

my friend said galaxy s2 ram is ddr3.

Deathbearer said:

so cannot flash this.

hey why don't you go in for a oracle virtual box install inside your mint.

install your windows inside the virtual box, also download virtual box additional pack for the usb to work, your user needs to be added to vboxuser group(you can do it from user&groups option: system->administration->user groups).

I too am a diehard linux fan, and for such situations virtual box (with the addtional pack and guest os additions)is the best

so windows will be running inside linux and you will get usb to work also.

PS: you need to reboot after installing virtualbox package and adding the existing user to vboxusers group.

adityadeva said:
hey why don't you go in for a oracle virtual box install inside your mint.

install your windows inside the virtual box, also download virtual box additional pack for the usb to work, your user needs to be added to vboxuser group(you can do it from user&groups option: system->administration->user groups).

I too am a diehard linux fan, and for such situations virtual box (with the addtional pack and guest os additions)is the best

so windows will be running inside linux and you will get usb to work also.

PS: you need to reboot after installing virtualbox package and adding the existing user to vboxusers group.

dont u think thats too much work, :)

i could have just gone at my firends place, and flashed the phone there.

but dont have that much time.

manu george said:
my friend said galaxy s2 ram is ddr3.

SGS2 has 1GB LP DDR2 RAM

manu george said:
any one know about specs of mi410 ram is it ddr2 or 3

Spice CSL MI 410 and all the variants have 512MB LP DDR1 RAM

http://www.wellcommobile.com/android1/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64&Itemid=29

Qualcomm® Snapdragon MSM8255-1™ 1.0GHz

ROM 2.0 GB. eMMC

RAM 512MB LP DDR1

4.1 Inch TFT transmissive LCD 262K , 18 Bit Capacitive-type touch lens

800 x 480, WVGA

GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (support HSPA+)

GSM bands: 850/900/1800/1900

UMTS bands: 850/1900/2100

GPRS: GPRS Class 12

EGPRS/EDGE: Multi-Slot Class 12

UMTS: DL/UL, HSDPA 14.4Mbps

GPS/AGPS

WiFi: 802.11b/g/n

Bluetooth :

- Bluetooth® 3.0, HS

USB 2.0

Microphone,Handfree,Loudspeaker

3.5mm Jack with mic

Echo Canceller

AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1 (AAC+), HE-AACv2 (enhanced AAC+),AMR-NB, MP3, MIDI, Ogg Vorbis, PCM / WAVE

Supported Video Files:H.263, H.264 AVC, MPEG-4 SP

Picture Files:JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG

Camera:CMOS 5.0 Mp AF, Support 16:9, 720p

Front Camera:0.3 mp Wafer Lens

Connect Port:5 pin micro usb With Battery Charge

Micro SD

USIM

HDMI Type D

Li-Ion Battery 1400 Mah

Became proud owner of this awesome phone today:D after following the thread for the last 2 months:) . Have invested my precious saved money into it. Lets see if it turns out to be a good experience or bad for me..... will try to flash rc1 today. Can any1 provide me working link for SutL3.v1.7.2 coz i am hving difficulty finding it. Cheers:D

praxone12 said:
Can anyone tell about the battery life of spice mi 410 after latest ginger bread update? Any hardware complaints?
Another confused buyer between spice mi 410 and moto defy.
battery life is pure user indulgence. lots of apps and features consume battery and other lots help control consumption. It is really unfair to compare defy and mi 410. both are in their own league. What spice has offered us is a dramatic savings in terms of money a futuristic product and a modders delight. There is a compromise though....heavy compromise on the quality check. But users on the forum have had a better experience in getting replacements. Wellcom after sales is pathetic in their country. I have to appreciate the hardware design of defy, but still would go gaga on the overall hardware confluence of the perfect handset MI-410

paarkhi said:
This is it (Nandroid backup of andro-id rc 1) Actually This is uploaded by a user named mysteriousboy87 on XDA for our USA Friends upon my request, you can read the Post over XDA FORUMS

andro-id rc1.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

and if it works and you register on XDA then Thank him

Do let me know whether it works or not

Paarkhi Bhai Thank You.......... It Works, Also Thanked mysteriousboy87 On XDA, Had Problems With Wifi So Flashed The WifiFix And Everything is working Fine.

Dont Like The Sharp UI Though, But Will Try For Some Time.

Lets C If I Face Any Bugs Will Post

UPDATE RC2 NOW Available:

Andro-ID - Indonesian Android Community

Good News Is That It Can Be Flashed CWM Recovery :)

Me Downloading Now

RC2 updated, Mainly I found its only a wifi fix and some permission fixes.

@Deathbearer, You can try GO Launcher if you don't like Sharp UI, even I didn't like Sharp UI and using GO Launcher

After installing TJ's custom ROM, I no longer have the facebook account available under accounts and sync. Installing facebook from market doesn't help in sync either. Anyone else facing this ?

Back