Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

Deathbearer said:
GPS....... Not Fixing Anymore, Tried Several Times Today

Also I have Noticed That When In Motion Like Walking Or In Car It Never Gets A FIX.

Anyways Going back To Stock Gingerbread (With Root)... I Don't See Any Difference In Custom Firmware Other Than Overclocked Processor.

Thinking the same, will flash tomorrow, ohh, sorry today late in the morning :) anyhow OC is for gamers which I'm not

Edit: Back on RC2 with TJ's Kernel

I have flashed the DoomLord's Kernel and OCed my phone up to 1708 MHz( with all nervousness) only for some time and played some HD games and found it running without any restarts and all. Actually I don't need any Over Clocking as I don't play games other than Chess and Cards. But I may stick to this as this DoomLord's kernel has option of more number steps of CPU setting below 1000 which is beneficial for me. currently i set at 460 max to 122 min and i think it is sufficient for normal operations

I tested GPS extensively today. Its better than ever with the v2.0 NMEA libraries. No reboots during usage (1.5 GHz since yesterday) and I am delighted to note that voice Navigation is working out of the box and flawlessly with official Google Maps v5.9.0 with turn by turn voice navigation (even notifies about individual Metro stops via voice and/or vibration/ringtone! ) I am liking this more than Sygic Aura.

All in all, I am very happy with RC2 now and ain't going back to stock ever.

btw, I am even using 1900 Mhz oc for instant responsiveness

In SetCPU profiles, I have added the following profiles:

1. Temp > 38.8 degrees / Priority 100 = 1024 max 122 min / conservative (phone gets unduly warm while charging and using simultaneously @ 1516 Mhz)

2. Screen Off / Priority 99 = 1900 max 122 min / ondemand (for that extra peppy responsiveness on wake up)

3. In Call / Priority 50 = 1024 max 1024 min / performance

Main Profile = 1516 max 122 min

lag is not due to setcpu per se.

Its how you set it up and it applies to all Android phones :)

Heck it even applies to computers if you use software oc utilities to downclock eg PhenomMsrTweaker or K10Stat on AMD as there is a certain amount of latency due to the polling interval added to upclock the processor.

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
lag is not due to setcpu per se.
Its how you set it up and it applies to all Android phones :)
Heck it even applies to computers if you use software oc utilities to downclock eg PhenomMsrTweaker or K10Stat on AMD as there is a certain amount of latency due to the polling interval added to upclock the processor.

From A Battery Saving perspective can you please suggest some SetCPU profiles. I hv been trying some options based on link[]OverClocking 101 ...but not working well ..lags,,,phone gets warm etc. issues....

Lots of thanks in advance :)

Dear All
I am not able to synch the facebook account with my contacts after the update to RC2. Is there anybody else is facing the same problem? There is an option to add facebook account in the contact option, but is says "No facebook synch application installed in your device". I have installed facebook from market, but no synch. In the account and synch option, there is a tab like add account of facebook, but its idle and not responding.
Is there any solution for it?
thanks in advance

You are out of luck on this one....TJ removed that from the ROM to keep it as much bloatware free as possible...from personal experience...use Seesmic....it much slimmer...and efficient for FB and Twitter......

c_anuraag said:
From A Battery Saving perspective can you please suggest some SetCPU profiles. I hv been trying some options based on link[]OverClocking 101 ...but not working well ..lags,,,phone gets warm etc. issues....

Lots of thanks in advance :)

If you want aggressive battery saving, you may use the following profiles:

Screen Off (Priority 100) : 1024 max 122 min @ ondemand

Main Profile: 1024 max 245 min @ conservative

Instead of 1024 Mhz, you can use the clocks of your choice depending on your usage

You may even use Tasker to control cpu clocks based on the app / game, but we warned, Tasker itself is a battery hog.

In advanced options, you may use these:

Sampling Rate = 32000

Up Threshold = 50%

Ignore Nice Load = 0

Powersave Bias = 500

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
If you want aggressive battery saving, you may use the following profiles:

Screen Off (Priority 100) : 1024 max 122 min @ ondemand

Main Profile: 1024 max 245 min @ conservative

Instead of 1024 Mhz, you can use the clocks of your choice depending on your usage

You may even use Tasker to control cpu clocks based on the app / game, but we warned, Tasker itself is a battery hog.

In advanced options, you may use these:

Sampling Rate = 32000

Up Threshold = 50%

Ignore Nice Load = 0

Powersave Bias = 500

Awwsome..thanks...i m gonna give this a shot....

Hey, I tried playing HD games(game and game data downloaded from pc games were tested in galaxy s), but graphics is very bad. is there anything i can do for playing the games smooth( I'm on froyo 2.2.2 unrooted)...plz help.........thanx in advance

HD games that works on Galaxy S does not necessarily work on Adrenos 205 phones. Because you need to check the requirements of that game and see if Adrenos 205 gpu is listed as compatible. Also there are different versions for a single game in which one version has only Galaxy S phones as minimum requirement and other version would have Adrenos 205 as minimum requirement. So check the version and see if your Spice Mi-410's hardware is compatible. Any phones that has Adrenos 205 listed there means your phone can also run the game.

stag said:
Hey, I tried playing HD games(game and game data downloaded from pc games were tested in galaxy s), but graphics is very bad. is there anything i can do for playing the games smooth( I'm on froyo 2.2.2 unrooted)...plz help.........thanx in advance
I have installed Homerun Battle 3D and TankRecon 3D. My buddy here has the S2, and we keep comparing the games and apps. Till now I had no issues. Please tell me the game which did not run. I will try on mine

just came across this item on ebay global

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380364414001

from the looks of it, seems like tailor made for the x6. Avl in two colours black and white. white does look positively hideous. Rs 1242.

screenprotector and cleaning cloth free. ( I might not be using that) Since it is on global ebay might take around 7 days for delivery.

Back