[Spoilers] Game of Thrones (ASOIAF) thread

Get the epubs and read on the phone. Its a pretty decent experience. If you have a windows phone then try Mohoo Reader. Read all the books on it. OFcourse some people like paper and well fair enough :)

Complete ASOIAF series for Rs 1304 at Flipkart. (link)

btw, I am done with book#3. Just ordered the rest.
Somewhere in this thread or else I clicked on some spoiler and learnt that...
Jon is Targaryen
And while reading I can't get that out of mind. Could someone please tell me in which book is that revealed?

Complete ASOIAF series for Rs 1304 at Flipkart. (link)

btw, I am done with book#3. Just ordered the rest.
Somewhere in this thread or else I clicked on some spoiler and learnt that...
Jon is Targaryen
And while reading I can't get that out of mind. Could someone please tell me in which book is that revealed?
Nowhere, it is still just a speculation, but a very strong one.

learnt that...
Jon is Targaryen
Wat. That is false, that's just some wishful conjecture on the part of some fanboys. It is revealed nowhere that Jon is anything more than an emo, brooding bastard who needs to die a brutal death.

Also, can we agree that Dance of Dragons was an absolute piece of turd, and has nothing on the masterpiece that was the third book?

I've always found that movies cannot always stay truly faithful to the books they are based on because of their short lengths. An example is Harry Potter, where a lot of the dialogue is changed and thrown around.

But the Game of Thrones TV show is really faithful to the book. The events in the TV series happen almost exactly as they are depicted in the book!

As far as the first season is concerned, yeah. The second season deviated slightly, and the third even more. This will have a chain reaction on the coming seasons. If I remember well, GRRM addressed this exact point in one of his interviews. It is one of the reasons he writes one episode per season.[DOUBLEPOST=1385011648][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way, I haven't see South Park in a while (years actually), but the recent two episodes (they're connected) caught my eye. The first episode is titles Black Friday and the next A Song of Ass and Fire. Hilarious indeed. The next episode is also connected and will conclude the GoT + Console Wars storyline.

Last edited:
Reading #4. Have some doubts wrt to TV show
About Theon - in TV show, he is tortured by some unknown guy. But in books I didn't find anything related to him till now. (nor I see any chapter on him on book #4)

About Gendry - in book#3 The Red Woman never meets Arya. But in season 3, Gendry is already in Dragonstone. (they removed the other bastard they got from Storm's End - I forgot his name). Is it covered in book#4?

About Theon - in TV show, he is tortured by some unknown guy. But in books I didn't find anything related to him till now. (nor I see any chapter on him on book #4)

About Gendry - in book#3 The Red Woman never meets Arya. But in season 3, Gendry is already in Dragonstone. (they removed the other bastard they got from Storm's End - I forgot his name). Is it covered in book#4?
Book 4 and ~70-80% of Book 5 tell story that is taking place at the same time, except at different places. Book 4 concentrates on the Iron Islands and south Westeros, whereas Book 5 concentrates mainly on north of the Wall (and later south of it) and Essos. The end of book 5 brings everything together (partially) and carries the story forward. You will read about him in Book 5, and his protrayal in season 3 is almost the same as said in the books.

Yep, that never happens in the books. Edric Storm and Gendry's part has been mixed in the TV show; both are bastards of Robert, so the TV show guys didn't want to introduce another character.

Arya meeting Melisandre in the TV show is an interesting development from the books perspective.

The unknown guy is Ramsay Snow(one of the most evil characters in the series). Theon POV chapters appear in A Dance with Dragons.
No, they just merged Edric storm-Gendry characters. Gendry does appear in the fourth book.

Hmm...Telltale Games may develop a Game of Thrones game: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/21/telltale-is-developing-a-game-of-thrones-game
The story-oriented The Walking Dead game by them was amazing, and it is one of the very few games I've played in the past few years. Their last game The Wolf Among Us also attracted strong reviews.

If they could get the story-telling part right, which they have until now, then I'm sure a game set in Westeros will be a huge hit. Just think of the possibilities :O

Hmm...Telltale Games may develop a Game of Thrones game: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/21/telltale-is-developing-a-game-of-thrones-game
The story-oriented The Walking Dead game by them was amazing, and it is one of the very few games I've played in the past few years. Their last game The Wolf Among Us also attracted strong reviews.

If they could get the story-telling part right, which they have until now, then I'm sure a game set in Westeros will be a huge hit. Just think of the possibilities :O
Holy shit woow! A Telltale game set in Westeros? I can't think of anything more awesome! :eek:[DOUBLEPOST=1385187172][/DOUBLEPOST]OT: This is a nice music video about Alfie Allen by Lily Allen, her sister. Alfie Allen is the guy who plays Theon Greyjoy in GoT. It's a really interesting song. Posting the lyrics version also!

LYRICS:

Last edited:
Back