Budget 0-20k SSD Advise needed!

Amazon has much better delivery & after sales support for just a few hundred more & if you can get amazonpay card then amazon link is even cheaper.
Although off-topic, I did have a pleasant experience with Computech.

I ordered a set of Logitech Z623 speakers (mind you, the box is large and extremely heavy) from there to Kolkata. Got delivered in 3 days, well packed with zero issues. Can't comment on after-sales.

Although off-topic, I did have a pleasant experience with Computech.

I ordered a set of Logitech Z623 speakers (mind you, the box is large and extremely heavy) from there to Kolkata. Got delivered in 3 days, well packed with zero issues. Can't comment on after-sales.
That's fast delivery, By after sales support I mostly meant the 7 days replacement option.

Finally ordered the WD Black 2TB SN770 guys (was tracking its stock availability and luckily PrimeABGB had it).
Now onto a case / enclosure. Although I do have the excellent Sabrent tool-free enclosure, I want to keep it for hot swapping SSDs as needed (as I have some SATA ones as well).

I am leaning towards this version from PiBox but does anyone have a better suggestion?
Also, do I need to purchase the extra Thermal Pads from them for this usage?

Finally ordered the WD Black 2TB SN770 guys (was tracking its stock availability and luckily PrimeABGB had it).
Now onto a case / enclosure. Although I do have the excellent Sabrent tool-free enclosure, I want to keep it for hot swapping SSDs as needed (as I have some SATA ones as well).

I am leaning towards this version from PiBox but does anyone have a better suggestion?
Also, do I need to purchase the extra Thermal Pads from them for this usage?
For a few hundred rupees more this version looks interesting.

Yeah, I saw that one too - my only concern is that in case I need to run this enclosure on Android / mobile, the power demand due to the fan in the enclosure may prevent it from doing so. Hence leaning towards passive i.e. using thermal pads!

my only concern is that in case I need to run this enclosure on Android / mobile, the power demand due to the fan in the enclosure may prevent it from doing so. Hence leaning towards passive i.e. using thermal pads!

I suggest to not use any NVMe enclosure with mobile as they are not really meant for such usage. Just get a microsd card like samsung evo plus V3 rated (min 30MB/s write speed) along with a usb 3 otg adapter for such usage or simply any type c pen drive.

I suggest to not use any NVMe enclosure with mobile as they are not really meant for such usage. Just get a microsd card like samsung evo plus V3 rated (min 30MB/s write speed) along with a usb 3 otg adapter for such usage or simply any type c pen drive.
In my case, my Samsung S20 FE is able to open up (almost immediately) -
- A 1TB / 2TB Samsung T7 (which uses an NVMe internally),
- A SanDisk 2TB (again an NVMe internally)
- And also the Sabrent case is able to load up 1 TB of NVMe mounted -
All without any problems.. I mainly use the 2TB SSDs in my photography workflow and have been using these since a bit.

In my case, my Samsung S20 FE is able to open up (almost immediately) -
- A 1TB / 2TB Samsung T7 (which uses an NVMe internally),
- A SanDisk 2TB (again an NVMe internally)
- And also the Sabrent case is able to load up 1 TB of NVMe mounted -
All without any problems.. I mainly use the 2TB SSDs in my photography workflow and have been using these since a bit.
T7 & sandisk are pre-built enclosures so should be having more/better stability controller & lower power requirements as they also use slower dramless NVMe ssd inside typically. In any case it is better to check first any enclosure/ssd combination by reading/writing few dozen GBs to it while connected to phone to make sure.

Back