Budget 0-20k SSD Advise needed!

No haven't ordered from.starcom yet...but isn't it available in onlyssd or mdcomputers website?

I bought sn770 1tb for 5300 before card off... Prices now have increase now I guess
i didnt check but i was looking to buy hard disks and found most of the places are out of stock except starcomp. I think its because starcomp is not in pcpricetracker

What is general consensus on this Crucial P3 4TB, https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0B25P44CL
do this have dram? can we use that as photo/video editing drive when connected externally via thunderbolt ?
Good as a secondary ssd for storage/game installs & even as primary ssd provided you leave at least 500GB space free all the time. It doesn' have dram btw & it was available in a deal for around 15.5k 1-2 weeks back.

Good as a secondary ssd for storage/game installs & even as primary ssd provided you leave at least 500GB space free all the time. It doesn' have dram btw & it was available in a deal for around 15.5k 1-2 weeks back.
Bought this 4TB drive at 18k after discounts. My 4TB HDD crashed yesterday & is unreadable so need this drive specifically for backups.

@guest_999 Is 18k a decent price for this drive ? As per price checker tool lowest I could see the drive go is 18k therefore went ahead with the purchase. If suggested will cancel the order and wait for a better pricing before ordering. Kindly suggest since the order is to be delivered tomorrow.

Attachments

• P3 1.png
    P3 1.png
    184.1 KB · Views: 22
  • P3 2.png
    P3 2.png
    106.2 KB · Views: 22
@guest_999 Is 18k a decent price for this drive ? As per price checker tool lowest I could see the drive go is 18k therefore went ahead with the purchase. If suggested will cancel the order and wait for a better pricing before ordering. Kindly suggest since the order is to be delivered tomorrow.
It is a good price, ssd prices have started increasing globally since Sep last year that's why after last year bbd/gis sale there have been very few good ssd deals. Prices might increase even more this year so 18k for a 4TB ssd like P3 is good enough nowadays.
Bought this 4TB drive at 18k after discounts. My 4TB HDD crashed yesterday & is unreadable so need this drive specifically for backups.
Never rely on ssd or hdd to not fail because no ssd or hdd is failproof. Always keep backup of important data in at least 2 different drives or a cloud storage solution like google drive/onedrive (1TB onedrive storage available for around 700-800 per year here https://techenclave.com/threads/sharing-ms-office-365-with-1tb-cloud-storage-₹500-year.188329/ ) or you can buy office 365 family pack directly for around 3600 per year with 6TB onedrive space (6 accs each 1TB onedrive space) if 1500 cb coupon available in your amazon acc.

It is a good price, ssd prices have started increasing globally since Sep last year that's why after last year bbd/gis sale there have been very few good ssd deals. Prices might increase even more this year so 18k for a 4TB ssd like P3 is good enough nowadays.
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Any SSD enclosure that could be recommended. Looking at Pibox India NVME Enclosure @1k. Seems to have decent reviews.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Any SSD enclosure that could be recommended. Looking at Pibox India NVME Enclosure @1k. Seems to have decent reviews.
You can get that but my suggestion is to first prefer internal NVMe slot as NVMe enclosures have their own issues unlike sata enclosures which are quite stable.

You can get that but my suggestion is to first prefer internal NVMe slot as NVMe enclosures have their own issues unlike sata enclosures which are quite stable.
Actually my MB supports only 2 NVME slots. Need to remove 1TB WD 570 so was planning to use it in an external enclosure. Samsung 980 1TB is my primary OS drive

Actually my MB supports only 2 NVME slots. Need to remove 1TB WD 570 so was planning to use it in an external enclosure. Samsung 980 1TB is my primary OS drive
Hey, somehow you are using the two SSDs I'm confused between. Can you tell me which one to go with if I had to choose one for my PC build? Pricing is almost the same.

You can use pcie nvme card like this one if you don't really need nvme as external storage:

dont have much exp with dramless, except once. when try to copy large data, lets say 40gb single file the speed will surge and after copying few GB is will come down crawling to HDD speed.
This happens if the dramless ssd is sata like BX500 or slow dramless nvme ssd, wd sn570 for example will give you at least 400MB/s write speeds even after its cache is filled. Many dramless nvme ssd cache is around 1/3 (if TLC flash based) or 1/4 (if QLC flash based) of free space remaining.

You can use pcie nvme card like this one if you don't really need nvme as external storage:

This happens if the dramless ssd is sata like BX500 or slow dramless nvme ssd, wd sn570 for example will give you at least 400MB/s write speeds even after its cache is filled. Many dramless nvme ssd cache is around 1/3 (if TLC flash based) or 1/4 (if QLC flash based) of free space remaining.
That slot is covered by the graphics card. 6800XT to be exact so cannot go that way but thanks for the suggestion.
Hey, somehow you are using the two SSDs I'm confused between. Can you tell me which one to go with if I had to choose one for my PC build? Pricing is almost the same.
Have not compared them head to head but since Samsung was the first buy it became the OS drive followed by WD as secondary. I basically chose whichever was cheaper at the time since both are dramless and suffer during very large data transfers which in my use case is minimal. PC has been basically used for gaming primarily. Still if I had to chose today I would try to get a ssd with DRAM especially as the main drive.

I basically chose whichever was cheaper at the time since both are dramless and suffer during very large data transfers
Samsung 980 has post cache write speeds around 400MB/s (newer version, older 980 version has around 140MB/s post cache write speeds if I remember correctly) while SN570 has post cache write speeds around 600MB/s.

Samsung 980 has post cache write speeds around 400MB/s (newer version, older 980 version has around 140MB/s post cache write speeds if I remember correctly) while SN570 has post cache write speeds around 600MB/s.
Too late now, lol.
Ordered Samsung 980.

Back