WTB Standalone CD/DVD player or a working old hifi system with Remote, with or without USB

Personally I was never a fan of an integrated amp, so I'm happy to see it go. But the right mini compo at the right price and condition might take a while. Are you willing to wait?

Personally I was never a fan of an integrated amp, so I'm happy to see it go. But the right mini compo at the right price and condition might take a while. Are you willing to wait?
Well this can be returned till 8th of this month so I ll see if it's just in my mind or if its really having any issue..
The important thing before it's return is of slk20d should be bought as its still available...
Also I can add my az2d speakers with it as well and along with google chromecast This might just sound pretty crystalline or crystal clear....

or I should altogether drop everything and start thinking a fresh about what to get and all... but my bottom line is a budget setup no matter what.

If you have your heart set on a bluetooth amp, I have a nobsound NS01 lying around you can have for cheap.
Let me be the first to warn you it sounds like crap https://archimago.blogspot.com/2019/11/measurement-yeeco-ti-tpa3116-class-d.html
but it can keep your speakers working until you can get something better. PM me if interested.
I had used it, rather a friend had the same but in silver color I guess.. Yes it sounded pretty ordinary really and that's why I had returned it to him...
But many thanks for the offer bud...

The other thing which I thibk got dissolved in a couple of typos in my last reply was that.. The whg-slk20d is still available, it's compact looks quirky, no bluetooth but I can use my hromecast audio with it as it has line in options (no line out or any other our ports), and a headphone out.
I can attach my az2d speakers with this slk20d as well... As you had suggested I could connect this to an external amp via its headphone out by keeping the volume to lower levels...
Should I get it??

Another thing was I ll be testing the fosi a fresh in my living room with another set of speakers and update

Personally I'm not impressed by the Sony. If you have time to waste, then it doesn't hurt to check it out, though I expect it to sound pretty basic (like an old 90's 2 in 1)

If you're serious about a nice mini compo, get ready to wait, but also find a guy who can fix them or learn to do it yourself. That's my secret. I would have lowballed that az2d seller to 2k or less based on condition, and would have fixed it myself.

Personally I'm not impressed by the Sony. If you have time to waste, then it doesn't hurt to check it out, though I expect it to sound pretty basic (like an old 90's 2 in 1)

If you're serious about a nice mini compo, get ready to wait, but also find a guy who can fix them or learn to do it yourself. That's my secret. I would have lowballed that az2d seller to 2k or less based on condition, and would have fixed it myself.
Fixing ain't possible as there are no parts, no belts, no gears, nothing available anywhere.
Have a guy who works in Sony snd he outrightly says to keep away from faulty ones as there are no parts .. But says if you get a working one check thoroughly for an hours, play, skip cue review forward switch on off and do all functions and grab if everything works.
Acc to him speakers are awesome and they never go bad so buy if they are below 1k और 1.5k
I am losing interest now and not replying to the whg slk20d guy as well...

Will be visiting chandni chowk and L R makt tomorrow and talk to a few used stuff dealers if I can find something cheap and good..
Will update

Btw i have been wondering if there are any rca plugs available with male female sockets and plugs in one small Block so that I can chnage speakers and amps in a jiffy

Thanks

Dude OEM service folks know only to replace against a service manual. Generic Belts, rollers etc are all available on ali. You need to measure, match and buy. I have 10+ cassette Decks and have been keeping them in running condition for over 10 years now with pinch roller, belt and idler replacements. Even for the JVC I showed I have spare lasers I got from Ali.

But you need a way to buy from Ali/ebay. I travel abroad every now and then so not an issue

Dude OEM service folks know only to replace against a service manual. Generic Belts, rollers etc are all available on ali. You need to measure, match and buy. I have 10+ cassette Decks and have been keeping them in running condition for over 10 years now with pinch roller, belt and idler replacements. Even for the JVC I showed I have spare lasers I got from Ali.

But you need a way to buy from Ali/ebay. I travel abroad every now and then so not an issue
But man, no Ali now for India shipping now , had bought an amp via eBay, it never reached me.. Been 3 months..

Will inquire about generic parts tomorrow as well.

BIL comes to delhi once in 2 years from Texas... Can get stuff shipped to him from Ali or eBay, But he isn't much of a help as he is always afraid what if items are held lol..

Thing is once a while If i have to shift to a diff amp, then I have to remove the banana clips from speaker cables and insert them into the terminals of the other amp(XY-T00L or XY-C50L) and tighten the screws..
Was wondering if i can add female banana sockets or a banana sockets plate to these kind of terminals and all I need to do is unplug from one amp and plugin to other.

Attaching pics
20230907_232004_(1).jpg

There was one other thing...
Can you guide how to connect chromecast audio with FiiO D03K Taishan?? Just trying to build a chain with a receiver DAC and amp

Last edited:
@greenhorn and @Black_Hawk
The fosi will be returned in a few days... So in the mean time I am assbling and arranging a few things..
Please correct me if i ma wrong and do suggest the proper chain of the equipments..

I have asked a local vendor to assemble me a preamp using this
Along with the latest 5.0 bluetooth Module with usual in and out sockets in a generic cabinet...
Will be receiving a FiiO D03K Taishan tomorrow as well.. Which has a coaxial and toslink input and rca and line out, outputs..

Was wondering how to chain these things up..
I wish to use Bluetooth or wifi to stream and will have following equipments..
preamp with bluetooth and analogue outputs
A FiiO D03K Taishan
A Google chromecast
An amp (fosi with bluetooth and rcs inputs), or the sinilink XY-T00L amp (with aux inor bt in)

My understanding says it should be
Source >DAC>preamp>amp>speakers ,

but how to set them up... If I ll use bt in preamp then it ll break the chain.. The logical would be the use chromecast audio as wireless source.. The connecting it to Taishan with a 3.5mm to toslink cable >then feeding the output via rca out to rca or line in of preamp and then from there tpbamp and the speakers...

Is that right... If so, I do t think there is any utility of bt in preamp and I can skip that...

Please do suggest

Thanks

Use a rotary 2 pole switch to switch between your sources - bt, dac, aux, cd etc

https://theaudiocrafts.com/modules/...d-craftx-series-iss-cx?sort=p.price&order=ASC
If you're looking for something fancy

Super Deluxe version

If needed a tone control bypass switch

Thanks mate, these look extremely high quliaty as compared to the locally a aila le stuff...
But tbh, fixing a source selector will come later, First I wanted your opinion of the chain of equipments that I am trying to create, If it is indeed in right order and could this be beneficial in the end to have more clear and distinct audio...
These days I am in the mood to do something on a budget via DIY..
Yet to buy the cabkes though to connect them all...

Look you can't use your BT and Chromecast+ dac simultaneously unless you get some sort of switcher. Analog switcher is the cheapest. Personally I have a BT receiver with digital out and a dac with multiple digital inputs so I can switch between digital connections. But you need a switch

Let me rephrase and explain a bit..
The google chromecast when it's connected with a optical or coaxial cable (one end special 3.5mm and other end coaxial or toslink) it throws digital signals ans it's DAC gets disabled..
So if I connect it with Taishan then it will be upto Taishan to convert digital to analogue..
(wish to see if google chromecasts DAC is good or of Taishan)
From Taishan I'll feed the rca out or line out to fosi or chifi XY T100L.. And would experiment with all the 3 pairs of Sony speakers..
The preamp is yet to assembled as i am unable to find a good looking decent cabinet that can store the preamp along with a BT module and sufficient input and outputs... (any ideas about that and should I add the BT to the preamp).

Once the preamp is assembled considering it will output analogue (I guess) it has to be fitted in the chain...

Taishan is better.
Have done direct comparisons.
That's great, I guess I can try using chromecast audio as source and give analogue signals from it to Taishan and then to the amp..
Will give feedback this weekend as I don't have the mini usb cable to charge the Taishan as well as the mini toslink to toslink cable to transport audio from cca to Taishan...
Will arrange them both by Saturday...

Back