Steam Deck is official

which credit card did you use to pay the remaining amount? also have you used your friends us address as billing address for your cc details?
Used my SBI cc. Enabled international transaction via app. Initially it did get blocked by bank, but got a call within 5 minutes to allow the transaction. After that it went smoothly.

Used my friend’s name and address in shipping and billing address both.

Paid about 683usd total for 649 usd model. Also ordered the official steam deck dock from valve. Third party ones would have been cheaper and with similar functionality, but valve dock gets firmware updates so hopefully any issues are sorted via updates.

Hey I just saw these being listed on mx2games website as imported, if anyone wants to buy under Sale category. I haven't purchased anything from the store personally so don't ask me about authenticity/reliability of the store. Link: https://mx2games.com/product-category/sale/

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-03-13-54-06-812_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-03-13-54-06-812_com.android.chrome.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 96
anyone with steam deck? what fps are you getting on gow 2018? is there any problems playing long sessions?

thinking of getting one as freind is coming from us this week

anyone with steam deck? what fps are you getting on gow 2018? is there any problems playing long sessions?

thinking of getting one as freind is coming from us this week

I think you should've ordered it earlier though. There's a slim chance of your friend getting it before coming here. It usually takes 10 days or so for delivery based on (reddit comments).

Sorry. He already got it, its 512gb version. I was thinking of returning it. Read mixed reviews about god of war. Some say it kep crashing. So just want hear from te users
God of War is a heavy game not suitable for portable gaming (IMO). However you can play other great games which are not as demanding such as Hades, Disco Elysium, Slay The Spire, Grim Dawn etc. Literally thousands of games are there to choose from.

God of War is a heavy game not suitable for portable gaming (IMO). However you can play other great games which are not as demanding such as Hades, Disco Elysium, Slay The Spire, Grim Dawn etc. Literally thousands of games are there to choose from.
can you suggest some best time pass games like metal slug which works on steam deck. thanks

Sorry. He already got it, its 512gb version. I was thinking of returning it. Read mixed reviews about god of war. Some say it kep crashing. So just want hear from te users as

can you suggest some best time pass games like metal slug which works on steam deck. thanks
Vampire survivors feels like it was made for Steam deck. Absolutely addictive and a time sink. Must play for Steam deck.
Any twin stick shooters will be perfect for Steam deck.

Sorry. He already got it, its 512gb version. I was thinking of returning it. Read mixed reviews about god of war. Some say it kep crashing. So just want hear from te users as

GOW crash is mostly due to memory leak issue. I have seen the ram usage slowly increases to >12.5 gb and then crashes at one point around 14 GB

Did u tried the 40/40( 40Hz/40FPS) cap for GOW?? you can also try reducing "texture quality" to low. These all options free up some ram.

Another fix is to change GoW.exe" to "GoW_.exe" this seems lock mem usage to around 12 GB and game doesn't crash.

I've been puzzled why more than one person here sold their steam deck when, by all accounts, it's an impressive piece of hardware and a milestone in computing history.

Was it because the track pad didn't work as expected? Apparently a lot of people didn't know how to use the track pad:

By my count, there has been much more than one person who sold his SD here, probably closer to a dozen.

I would assume the trackpad is least of the concerns. The most common reason in general for selling it is the novelty of a handheld PC wearing off fast, especially if you use it only at home and have a more powerful machine.

Apart from that SteamOS compatibility is not for everyone as is the screen and the inability to play recent AAA titles decently. Some people expected too much out of it and purchased it for the wrong reasons.

I've been puzzled why more than one person here sold their steam deck when, by all accounts, it's an impressive piece of hardware and a milestone in computing history.

Was it because the track pad didn't work as expected? Apparently a lot of people didn't know how to use the track pad:

As @t3chg33k said, the reason is novelty wearing fast.
There are plenty of people here who have loads of moolah* and like to buy the latest thing on the market even if they have no use for it.

They buy it, play around a bit and sell it off later.

Also the Deck sometimes struggle with AAA games and some people want to play only them even when there are plenty of great AA and indie games.

*Just pop into fragrances, watches, or drinks thread and you'll see what I mean.

Back