Suggest a Front Load washer for 20-25K

Show I decided not to buy IFB due to a lot of negative reviews for after sales.

Saw a lot of Bosch Models but planning to zero on LG 7KG or 8KG model (pressing towards 7KG).
Reason for buying LG is mainly they are giving 1 year additional warranty (worth 2400INR) + we have had a very good experience with LG after sales service for our microwave and refrigerator:

7KG that I zeroed on:

8KG model for the above:

I also get a 10% cashback as HDFC card user so that helps bring down the cost as well

Show I decided not to buy IFB due to a lot of negative reviews for after sales.

Saw a lot of Bosch Models but planning to zero on LG 7KG or 8KG model (pressing towards 7KG).
Reason for buying LG is mainly they are giving 1 year additional warranty (worth 2400INR) + we have had a very good experience with LG after sales service for our microwave and refrigerator:
That bolded bit should guide you then.

Both have over a hundred reviews and the average rating is 4 stars. Says a lot.

7KG that I zeroed on:

8KG model for the above:

I also get a 10% cashback as HDFC card user so that helps bring down the cost as well
They say 7 is enough for a family of 3 to 4. heh, don't believe it.

The difference is just Rs. 3.5k !!! ie peanuts over the life time of the machine.

MY recommend is the 8 which is there in post #36.

This 8 is actually the same size as my 7 but fancier looking. They don't seem to have plain white any more which would be 2 - 3k cheaper.

Last edited:
@blr_p ...I agree with you on the 8KG part....I was just comparing 8KG for dimensions and its just 10 cm more in depth so checking to see if it would fit properly.
BTW: the IFB ones have more than 8000+ ratings across flipkart, Amazon and 4+ ratings.

They say 7 is enough for a family of 3 to 4. heh, don't believe it.
Post automatically merged:

BTW - There is no drum dimensions given so how do you know that the 8KG is equivalent to your 7KG LG washer? @blr_p

Last edited:
In case you want white color, the newer series is the FHT, the FHT1007SNW comes in white, this model has the same size drum as FHT1208 8kg model( which I have), only difference is the FHT1007 lacks wifi and spin is limited to 1000rpm. Haven't touched wifi , (useful to download new cycles and remote start the machine) since the initial days. Haven't bothered to reconfigure it after I changed my router.

The lg guys won't level it, they just level it by hand shaking the machine, So buy a spirit level and do it yourself. I had to readjust the level atleast 3 times, (floor not even) now the machine doesn't vibrate in spin tested till 1000rpm. Still no the vibration is more compared to my 11 year old whirlpool.

In case you want white color, the newer series is the FHT, the FHT1007SNW comes in white, this model has the same size drum as FHT1208 8kg model( which I have), only difference is the FHT1007 lacks wifi and spin is limited to 1000rpm. Haven't touched wifi , (useful to download new cycles and remote start the machine) since the initial days. Haven't bothered to reconfigure it after I changed my router.

This is good enough

Ideal would have been a size bigger than the one below

No need for silver fascia and chrome door. Plain white works just fine.

The lg guys won't level it, they just level it by hand shaking the machine, So buy a spirit level and do it yourself. I had to readjust the level atleast 3 times, (floor not even) now the machine doesn't vibrate in spin tested till 1000rpm. Still no the vibration is more compared to my 11 year old whirlpool.
LG runs quiet but how loud do you find its drain pump noise compared to your Whirlpool ?

@blr_p ...I agree with you on the 8KG part....I was just comparing 8KG for dimensions and its just 10 cm more in depth so checking to see if it would fit properly.
That 10 cm more increases the drum volume by half. The drum volume going from 6 to 8 increases more than going from 8 to 9kg

With direct drive washing machines (LG/Samsung) this is particularly important as the motor is mounted on the back unlike the belt driven models of Bosch/Siemens.

BTW - There is no drum dimensions given so how do you know that the 8KG is equivalent to your 7KG LG washer? @blr_p
External dimension for depth.

The small one is 44 cm, mine is 55cm

I'm looking at the new 9kg machines and i notice the depth is also 55cm. Maybe they have increased the drum diameter with these and kept the depth at 55 or its also the same size but with a bigger capacity motor. Won't know unless someone measures the drum

Earlier the depth went to 61cm for one size bigger than mine. They called that a 8/9 kg machine then. Now its 10.5kg :wacky:

Last edited:
LG runs quiet but how loud do you find its drain pump noise compared to your Whirlpool ?
The Lg overall is quieter then the whirpool , in the whirlpool you can hear the motor in spin cyle at 30feet away (even when new), can also here the clothes tumbling sound , the whirlpool pump is significantly louder compared to the Lg, when the spin stops and pump is still On, you can hear it 30feet away in indoor ambient noise.

the whirlpool pump is significantly louder compared to the Lg, when the spin stops and pump is still On, you can hear it 30feet away in indoor ambient noise.
Wow and i thought the LG one was quite loud already

WAB16060IN

Like Gannu's

Fixed spin speed of 800 rpm. No choice of spin speeds. Do you at least get to specify no spin if desired ? i don't think this option is even there

Notice how this one at least has a boil wash whereas the IFB of similar value skips it.

I guess you get away with that by using hot cycle. While I use more detergent with cold cycle. So more power bills vs higher detergent cost.
I've been weighing my loads to get an idea how much and its either 3kg or a little less for close to a full load.

So i get away with 20gm for medium and go up to 30gm for more soiled

If i were washing just jeans and the weight got closer to the max ratings i would up the detergent dosage

Last edited:
Wow and i thought the LG one was quite loud already

Like Gannu's

Fixed spin speed of 800 rpm. No choice of spin speeds. Do you at least get to specify no spin if desired ? i don't think this option is even there

Notice how this one at least has a boil wash whereas the IFB of similar value skips it.

I've been weighing my loads to get an idea how much and its either 3kg or a little less for close to a full load.

So i get away with 20gm for medium and go up to 30gm for more soiled

If i were washing just jeans and the weight got closer to the max ratings i would up the detergent dosage
I have never checked, but I thought that there was a choice of spin speed with "Delicate" setting. I think "Delicate" reduces the spin speed compared to "Normal".

Do you at least get to specify no spin if desired ? i don't think this option is even there
I don't think you can do that. Can you do that with any of the automatics? I did not use any that had this option with automatics either in India or in common areas in the apartment buildings in America. May be high end automatics have this option.

I have never checked, but I thought that there was a choice of spin speed with "Delicate" setting. I think "Delicate" reduces the spin speed compared to "Normal".
Delicates is the reason i asked.

[I don't think you can do that. Can you do that with any of the automatics? I did not use any that had this option with automatics either in India or in common areas in the apartment buildings in America. May be high end automatics have this option.
LG offers a no spin option. It will drain the water but the clothes will be soaking wet and heavy. You'd have to hand wring them after if desired.

LG spin speed selection.jpg

The laundrettes abroad won't offer this option as people usually put clothes in the dryer straight after washing. High spin speeds in the washer would be preferable in such a scenario. And you are least bothered since you are renting use of the machine and its commercial grade. Built like a tank.

You went with the smaller size despite my protests :(

5k more you could have got the 50+ lt drum. Actually not 5k , just 1k more as adder linked to his 8kg machine.

As a result you will be limited to the cottons cycle for a full load. The cotton cycle is a bit more intensive than the other cycles.

The thing with the other cycles is they don't run under the full weight rating. More like half which means the machine will refuse to run if you choose a full load with some cycles meaning you will have to use less load on an already small machine (!)

This was mentioned to me by a relative who had a 5.5kg machine of similar volume and then had to upgrade to a bigger Bosch recently. Its possible with a 7kg rating you will be fine.

Why do you need a cover for the washing machine ? just a once over with a wet towel is enough.

Didn't you say the reason to get a front loader was your wife wanted to stick it under a counter.

How then are you going to use a cover with it ?

Last edited:
Hey Man...Somehow I thought you advised to go for the 7KG one which I had suggested earlier

This is good enough

That bolded bit should guide you then.

Hey Man...Somehow I thought you advised to go for the 7KG one which I had suggested earlier
That's the one adder linked to.

But you linked to a smaller machine in #112 ?

I'm confused which machine you got :oops:

What is the depth in mm of the machine you bought ?

I got the same machine which I linked in #102 and I went with what you said in #103 :)....Machine may be small but I guess my parents are happy...

there were too many messages but no concrete recommendations so I guess thats what got me confused

I got the same machine which I linked in #102 and I went with what you said in #103 :)....Machine may be small but I guess my parents are happy...

there were too many messages but no concrete recommendations so I guess thats what got me confused

There will be always be buyers remorse. Get over it and enjoy your new possession!!!

Alright then.. finally got back home and used a packet of the atomic washing powder.. was manually filling hot water and running multiple on off cycles to increase the run time.. man so much gunk came out.

Hopefully this has improved things.

Finally gonna wash some proper clothes to see if it has helped
Has it ?

What about odours ?

It had slightly.. Odours too.. Gonna do another one next week when I get back. It's quite a pain but I guess it's worth it in the end. Also sending some (atomic) to my folks place since it seems like there machine is also getting dirty since the maid overloads it.

man so much gunk came out.
Have you noticed that with other products you used in the past ?

Hopefully this has improved things.

Finally gonna wash some proper clothes to see if it has helped
When i tried it in my front loader i noticed the clothes had an odd smell which went away with subsequent washes.

The other thing is with LG's tub clean cycle it foamed a lot, the whole machine was full of foam.

So LG's tub clean cycle and this atomic product is not a good idea with their front loaders.

I was a bit wary when the instructions said to empty the entire sachet into the drum.

Tub clean uses more water, so more water sloshing about equals foam unless the product is formulated to reduce it. This one is not.

Fortune's cleaning product does not produce much foam at all with the entire sachet.

I will try just with a boil wash next, there is less water with that cycle so foam should be less.

If that foams up as well then this product is more suited for top loaders and not compatible with front loaders. The reviews raving about it are using top loaders.

Thing is i never saw any one mention this excess foaming with front loaders in the reviews.

Last edited:
Back