Suggest Android phone for less than 17000

Hi,

After reading exhaustively through the threads, i've finally decided to go for the motorola defy @ 16149. Just two final important points to be clarified before i actually buy it.

I have read that the motorola defy has speaker and touchscreen problems. As for the speaker problem, many techenclave users have pointed out that it is sorted. so no problem there. But, what about the touchscreen problem. I've read that the touchscreen stops responding some times on the lock screen

YouTube - ‪Motorola DEFY. Screen Problem‬‏

any clarifications on that please.

Secondly, is there any place in bangalore where i can see the device, working or a dummy. I am not very sure if it looks good enough (as compared to the samsung galaxy ace). since its a rugged phone, i hope it doesn't look too ugly in reality.

advice please.

Thanks.

comp@ddict said:
Like others say, Moto Defy:

- 3.7" 800x480 resolution screen

- Water resistant

- Scratch resistant

- Water Proof(upto 1M though)

- 800MHz Cortex A8(faster) based processor

- PowerVR SGX530 GPU to power all android games

- Brilliant MiniTablet style design

- Light, ease of hold(personal experience)

- Others dont like it, But I simply Love MotoBlur

- Vendor Android OS 2.2

- Mods available - Cyanogen Mod 7 Android 2.3.3
Screen Res is 854*480

sidz2bt said:
I am using the DEFY from a month.. Lovin it.. only regret.. Missing Swype :(
It DOES have swype dude.

comp@ddict said:
^^ Sorry yea Moto's weird screen resolution I forgot(I wonder why)

You can easily download and install SWYPE if I am not mistaken.
Errr... Its FWVGA (16:9 - well almost) Arc, Neo also has the same resolution.
FWVGA (854×480)FWVGA is an abbreviation for Full Wide Video Graphics Array which refers to a display resolution of 854×480 pixels. 854×480 is approximately the 16:9 aspect ratio of anamorphically "un-squeezed" NTSC DVD widescreen video and considered a "safe" resolution that does not crop any of the image. It is called Full WVGA to distinguish it from other, narrower WVGA resolutions which require cropping 16:9 aspect ratio high-definition video (i.e. it is full width, albeit with considerable reduction in size). The 854 pixel width is rounded up from 853.333...3. 480 x 16⁄1 x 9 = 7680⁄9 = 8531⁄3. Since a pixel must be a whole number, rounding up to 854 ensures inclusion of the entire image.[8]

As of 2011, mobile phones with FWVGA display resolution are becoming more common. A list of mobile phones with FWVGA displays is available.

Graphic display resolutions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of mobile phones with FWVGA display - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wolvish said:
I don't think so ;) .. Upgraded mine yesterday.. Faster, better App management/ Battery, I CAN now watch VEVO videos in youtube app. Has few bugs with the dialer and contacts though.. :)
Awesome dude... way to go. Now all that is left is making a jump to gingerbread.

What's with the obsession of the guys here using the exclamatory marks and the apostrophes inappropriately all the time ..?

Makes a hash of the meaning of thread title and leads to a false alarm.

Mods pls change the title to something more suitable.

Defy if you are looking for a small, RUGGED mobile, than you can drop any number of times, take with you to swimming pool etc.
Go for Galaxy SL, if you are looking for a smooth UIed, the BEST in class screen (one of my friend told, SC-LCD is better(real) than S-AMOLED, he is SGS user), good camera, THIN and LIGHT Weight phone that doesn't excel in premium finish.

Note: I haven't used both mobiles personally. Used to watch a lot of videos of these mobiles

Back